IGNORED

Tetris 99 - 29th Event: Kirby and the Forgotten Land

MW_Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy vicariously experiencing the game through this thread. I get hit by some serious laziness/disengagement when actually playing a game like Tetris or Puyo as I struggle to care/feel like doing well is an achievement that matters to me. I'm stressing the subjectivity of this because I also really appreciate vids of high level play, the strats conversations and the hi-score community and I wanted to show my appreciation for the thread without seeming like I'm poo-pooing the game itself or peoples' efforts.

Pokemon theme! :omg: 

Had an ok run recently although regular 99 isn’t really a show off thing when you’ve stuck in so many hours. 

I’ve been enjoying PPT puzzle league apart from getting demoted. :( 

Still finding the snipe sessions more fun, the results are worse but I think it makes you better as well as being more enjoyable. 

There is another “Super Snipe” session this Saturday at like midnight UK time I think. They give a time, eg: 2 mins past the hour and everyone presses start at the same time. These are sessions that attract the best in the world, and Amemiya has even sounded the klaxon to his followers, so if you want to flex ( @Jonster) and others or just want to see how it goes, join or watch! Check out Doremy, Tafo or Harddrop’s twitch channel around then.

53A60DF3-AC7E-4A21-9B1C-3E5A23D68175.jpeg

Good stuff @OneDvBmbr, the first time feels incredible. 

I am loving the new theme. For some reason it has made me go T-Spin triple mad Had plenty of natural mid-game setups since playing it. I must try and resist the urge at times though, as it has been my downfall in mid-late game. 

Clocked up a few wins too, after a bit of a terrible run, which is nice. 90ish games short of 3000 and at 178 wins. I'd love to make 200 wins before that 3000 game mark, but think I'll fall just short. 

On 06/11/2019 at 22:15, sir stiff_one said:

Had an ok run recently although regular 99 isn’t really a show off thing when you’ve stuck in so many hours. 

I’ve been enjoying PPT puzzle league apart from getting demoted. :( 

Still finding the snipe sessions more fun, the results are worse but I think it makes you better as well as being more enjoyable. 

There is another “Super Snipe” session this Saturday at like midnight UK time I think. They give a time, eg: 2 mins past the hour and everyone presses start at the same time. These are sessions that attract the best in the world, and Amemiya has even sounded the klaxon to his followers, so if you want to flex ( @Jonster) and others or just want to see how it goes, join or watch! Check out Doremy, Tafo or Harddrop’s twitch channel around then.

53A60DF3-AC7E-4A21-9B1C-3E5A23D68175.jpegTTT

Those snipe sessions sound really interesting, unfortunately I went off Tetris 99 a long time ago! Been getting back into Tetris again recently, hoping to finish TGM by the end of the year.

Averaging 3rd is really impressive!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Team Battle Mode, players choose their favorite of four teams at the start of each game. Some teams may end up with many more members, but smaller teams receive a boost in attack power when being attacked, adding an unexpected element to each match. As players get eliminated through the course of battle, the final team standing with at least one player remaining wins. And even better, all members of the winning team can share in the victory! Players who are K.O.’d early in the game will go into spectator mode and can send “Likes” to cheer on their teammates. Players will want to stick around until their team has obtained a rank to receive their XP points. Or, if Team Battle is the active mode for a MAXIMUS CUP event, stay for their event points.

Additional features available in the update include new button configuration options and new user emblems, as well as the option to redeem 30 in-game tickets for some of the elusive Special Themes that were featured during earlier events. The following in-game Special Themes, which were inspired by games and favorite franchises, are now available: Tetris® from the original Game Boy ™ game, Splatoon ™, Fire Emblem ™: Three Houses and Super Kirby Clash ™.

https://apnews.com/Business Wire/45fea20642ff43479f603e4bf3797ef2