rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Astral Chain - Out now and it's great!

3546009-astral-chain.jpg

There's a new game from Platinum Games and action games director Hideki Kamiya the guy who did Anarchy Reigns and NieR: Automata. Due on Switch later this summer: Astral Chain, an action game starring two characters in a futuristic world should make action games fans's heart beat from excitement.

Making his directorial debut and known for his work as the game designer on NieR:Automata, Takahisa Taura is responsible for the concept and planning of Astral Chain. Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Bayonetta series, is in charge of supervision. The character design is by manga artist Masakazu Katsura, creator of ZETMAN and Video Girl Ai.

Astral Chain , a brand new action game from PlatinumGames, is coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch! As part of a police special task force, it’s up to you to fight against mysterious, alien-like creatures who have invaded the world.

In the Ark, a multi-cultural city in the near future, disaster strikes when gates to another dimension suddenly appear! Dangerous creatures begin to emerge, attacking the people and polluting the land, and normal police forces are unable to compete with them. To stand up against these threats, a brand new, special police unit known as Neuron is formed.

Choose between two playable characters – one male, one female – on your adventure. The character you don’t choose also appears as your younger twin, and a fellow member of Neuron.

In order to resist the creatures, humanity developed a special weapon: the Legion. The Legion acts as your partner, and helps with your investigations. However, it’s in battle where the Legion shows its real ability...

Work together with the Legion and use all sorts of combat styles to fight your enemies. You could both attack the same enemy simultaneously, target different opponents, or send your Legion on the offensive while you support it with items. Use this synergetic action system to battle and explore together!

NSwitch_AstralChain_01.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_02.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_04.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_06.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_07.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_16.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_18.jpg

Debut trailer:

E3 2019 trailer:

Latest trailer:

Astral Chain should launch on August 30 for Nintendo Switch as another Platinum game exclusive for Nintendo.

*** "police may cry", copyright probotector (the forum member, not the pachinko machine).

• Upvote 8

Kamiya is only the supervisor. It's not his game. The guy who directed Anarchy Reigns and Nier:Automata is in charge.

I expect 20% of the focus to be on action with the remainder being spent on gadgets, characters and story.

I'm curious to see what Takahisa Taura makes as a director; I'm not sure we should be expecting too much Nier Automata style narrative depth/weirdness without Yoko Taro at the helm, and the games he worked on prior to that he's been in less senior positions, which makes him something of an unknown quantity. Definitely interested.

• Upvote 1

The trailer video just happened to buffer on this screen shot I took. You can pretty much see her arse hole through those pants. 

3A026AF8-27E6-4F3E-9092-451545765CE0.png

Oh, I am so in.

And may I say, ladies and gentlemen, the puns in this thread have been absolutely top-notch! Quite restored my faith in the rllmuk collective.

19 minutes ago, Soulstar said:

The trailer video just happened to buffer on this screen shot I took. You can pretty much see her arse hole through those pants. 

3A026AF8-27E6-4F3E-9092-451545765CE0.png

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

overt Anime-ness of it all

All the Anime - that first bad guy was totally The Guyver; there's a bunch of Psycho Pass, Bubblegum Crisis and AD Police in there, and those VAs are certainly anime regulars. This is right up my street.

• Upvote 3