rllmuk
Isaac

Super Mario Maker 2 - Out Now (Forum Course List in First Post)

I have to agree with a lot of the game explain stuff. 

It still has some of the quirkiness but most of it's gone.  Also stupid design choices like you cant have over lapping pipes?  

The first game was quite good for the fact it felt like a beta in a way with its bugs and glitches. Now everything works properly it looses some of its charm.

Designing levels with the new menus just are awkward. It was so simple to bring that screen up with all your items and now it does take a while scrolling between menus.

Gonna try some co op later and see how that is but I mean the levels I've played are decent enough.

Discovered what the last secrer item is as well,  kinda cool but nothing too major.

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Ah, ok. After having to shake my entire Switch around like an idiot in Mario Galaxy, I wouldn’t put it past them. 

Eh?

• Upvote 1

My enthusiasm has been dampened somewhat in the last page or so, I still have my Wii U connected so not desperate for it apart from the included Nintendo built levels. 

Dont get me wrong it's a lot if fun - the nintendo themed levels seem pretty decent. The user levels are going to be great I'm sure.

But there has been some bizarre choices made which wouldn't be a problem if SMM1 didn't exist . I can see there still being a audience for the first game though , unless Nintendo makes a few changes via patches.

• Downvote 1

By far the most interesting element of the first game was the weird stuff and costumes and shit. Otherwise, you're left with a lot of levels designed by people who aren't Nintendo level designers. 

It's just going to be less trolling and more enjoyable levels, I think people are sugarcoating what was 99% garbage levels.

• Upvote 3

I’m really pumped for this, especially since I never got to play the first one. My son has the first one and he played it a lot, and I mean A LOT. He’s a teenager now and it’s apparently a bit embarassing to like Nintendo among his friends but I’m pretty sure he’ll be all over this when it’s out. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, as someone who didn't play the first one, I'm a bit sad to hear 2 isn't sounding as good. I watched a video earlier of the Giant Bomb crew playing SMM1 on Wii U and it looked incredible with loads of customisation and details I hadn't expected (like the little sound effects when you're placing stuff in make mode). Observations like this -

On 21/06/2019 at 13:46, Darhkwing said:

It still has some of the quirkiness but most of it's gone.

- are alarming, to say the least. They really removed a lot of the cute little flourishes and stuff?

Ugh, it feels like time has slowed to a crawl this week! I'm just praying SimplyGames come through with a Thursday delivery, or even (whisper it), Wednesday. I can't remember the last time I've felt like this waiting for a game, maybe Mario Galaxy?

I’m not too bothered about toning down the quirks - the “shake” thing for example was cute but not that practical, I’m not mad if they’ve made things a bit simpler in that area. 

Touch controls only in handheld though? I can’t think of a single possible reason why they’ve done that. 

43 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Am i missing something? How would you have touch controls if its docked?

He means in handheld you cant use the controllers.  Only touch.

For the people hoping to get this thursday, i spoke to thegamescollection and they said Nintendo do not release their games (to the retailers) till 2 days before release date so expect a friday delivery.

Kinda sucks after getting CTR a day early from shopto last week.

Part of me is tempted to also buy digital, crazy i know (midnight release).

14 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

For the people hoping to get this thursday, i spoke to thegamescollection and they said Nintendo do not release their games (to the retailers) till 2 days before release date so expect a friday delivery.

Kinda sucks after getting CTR a day early from shopto last week.

Part of me is tempted to also buy digital, crazy i know (midnight release).

I think there's been the odd high-profile exception now and again but I get Nintendo-published games from thegamecollection on a Thursday almost every time. Maybe they're managing your expectations just in case.

1 hour ago, ann coulter said:

I think there's been the odd high-profile exception now and again but I get Nintendo-published games from thegamecollection on a Thursday almost every time. Maybe they're managing your expectations just in case.

Fair enough , I'll keep my fingers crossed =)

14 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Gamecollection has dispatched :omg:

Hooray. Yeah, they're usually really good for early delivery.

My thegamecollection preorder of SMM2 has Fire Emblem in the same order. I really hope they're not going to wait until Fire Emblem comes out before sending me SMM2 at the same time. :unsure:

• Empathy 1

1 minute ago, ann coulter said:

Hooray. Yeah, they're usually really good for early delivery.

My thegamecollection preorder of SMM2 has Fire Emblem in the same order. I really hope they're not going to wait until Fire Emblem comes out before sending me SMM2 at the same time. :unsure:

Pretty sure they would send out SMM2 first rather than wait 3-4 weeks for fire emblem!