rllmuk
Isaac

Super Mario Maker 2 - Out Now (Forum Course List in First Post)

This looks great, but why did the super famicom logo appear with no explanation in the video?

It happened around  the time of the car bit. 

3 hours ago, MidWalian said:

This looks great, but why did the super famicom logo appear with no explanation in the video?

Think it was just an effect you can choose to use in the game.

3 hours ago, MidWalian said:

SNES games coming to the Online Sub - Starting with Super Mario World

Yoshi’s Island would make more sense than one of the 3D games like Odyssey. Obviously, 3D world was a 3D game (duh) but it was stylised as a 2D Mario in 3D rather than a full 3D adventure.

If that makes sense. Like the guy said:

“Super Mario 3D Land is a platform game that has been described by game designer Shigeru Miyamotoas a "3D Mario that plays as a 2D Mario game”” (from the 3D land wiki page)

14 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Yoshi’s Island would make more sense than one of the 3D games like Odyssey. Obviously, 3D world was a 3D game (duh) but it was stylised as a 2D Mario in 3D rather than a full 3D adventure.

If that makes sense. Like the guy said:

“Super Mario 3D Land is a platform game that has been described by game designer Shigeru Miyamotoas a "3D Mario that plays as a 2D Mario game”” (from the 3D land wiki page)

Yeah it would probably make more sense, but the capture mechanic and cappy could make things interesting - especially considering there are no actual power ups in the game.

There are some really nice SMW Odyssey mods out there but for a entire theme im not sure it would really work out the great. Sure if they bring a Yoshi theme out that would be nice though.

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

Is there an ability to create a playlist of maps you’ve made yourself and share it?

On the 3DS version? Don't think you can share your creations on the 3DS game.

Bit of bad news from yesterday.

You can't play online with friends =( Just randoms.

And looks like Costumes are gone, maybe altogether (if they both bringing the NES costumes over).

3 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Bit of bad news from yesterday.

You can't play online with friends =( Just randoms.

And looks like Costumes are gone, maybe altogether (if they both bringing the NES costumes over).

Wait, what? That can't be right can it? Please understand? 

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

Wait, what? That can't be right can it? Please understand? 

Online play is against randoms only. Nintendo don't want people upsetting the ranked leaderboards.

Then why not put in unranked leaderboards?

It's a shame as this is truly one of the best things about this sequel.

Ah, excellent. I hadnt kept up since the direct's vague handling of it. Hopefully they can patch in friend play online. I dont even care about Ranked, I just want to cause Jim to fall down some pits. That's not as fun against strangers.

6 minutes ago, Made of Ghosts said:

Not surprised if costumes are gone. They were cute but probably  fair bit of work to make and ultimately a bit pointless. I usually preferred to stay as Mario. 

They made the SMB theme fun though. I love the Zelda themed levels, or the levels based around Star fox. I even played a trilogy of Hello Kitty levels as well on the weekend. They are a great addition.

Don't get me wrong, i didn't expect every theme to get costumes (i was kinda hoping SMW would) but even so i think they should have it for the SMB theme if they already made them.

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:47, Made of Ghosts said:

Not surprised if costumes are gone. They were cute but probably  fair bit of work to make and ultimately a bit pointless. I usually preferred to stay as Mario. 

I played loads of ace levels making use of the costumes. I used Ashley's underwater flying on broomstick costume to make one of my better ones. And they were  actually functional too, because it would power up Mario while retaining his small Mario form. Two puzzle levels I did made extensive use of this. 

Mario Maker 2 looks to be bursting with things to play around with, significantly more than the original,  but costumes will be one thing that will be missed by me.

3 weeks :omg:

• Upvote 1

Finally decided to pre-order the game via the eShop and the offer with the free stylus has ended. Very annoying. 

Did anyone watch the invitationals? It looked great! 

However the 2 player co op level which looked great isnt actually possible because levels have to be able to be finished in 1 player mode.

Nintendo making insane, shit choices about game design then making videos showing how much fun it would be if they hadn't made those shit choices is the most Nintendo thing ever.

48 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Finally decided to pre-order the game via the eShop and the offer with the free stylus has ended. Very annoying. 

That's weird. You can't even redeem the stylus codes for another few days yet.

3 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Did anyone watch the invitationals? It looked great! 

However the 2 player co op level which looked great isnt actually possible because levels have to be able to be finished in 1 player mode.

Yeah it was really odd... I assume you can still make and play these levels and then play them locally.

I've really looking forward to this, however after speaking with someone that has spent several hours with the finished game -i can't help but feel it's a bit of a missed opportunity.

There is actually a lot of restrictions in place which to me makes it sound more like SMM1 Deluxe but with a few extra items and a 3D World theme =/

What do you mean by restrictions? Part of what makes Mario Maker so ace is having to work within constraints. It looks to have built on Mario Maker a fair bit to me. There's all those Nintendo created levels too. Presumably they will add more stuff to play around with down the line.