rllmuk
Isaac

Super Mario Maker 2 - Out Now (Forum Course List in First Post)

Hasn't been posted yet, but I keep seeing it on twitter. It's just a case of remembering where the fireballs are going to be when you move about.

Also, this was done multiple times in Super Mario Maker - everyone seems to be treating it as a new revelation!

• Empathy 1

2 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Simple Stomp Speedrun Is a good but tough one, I got it done in 17 seconds not sure how joffocakes got 15!

This is the route I take. I've done it a little faster than this now but it's essentially the same run:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joffocakes said:

This is the route I take. I've done it a little faster than this now but it's essentially the same run:

Ah you land on the top cannon first. I'll give that a shot =)

• Upvote 1

Bashed this one out pretty fast (for me). A short reach the goal as Buzzy Mario in low gravity level.

H35-4W1-L1G

Hard Hat Keepy Uppy

I finally did Simple Stomp Speedrun this morning.

In almost 19 seconds:omg:

About my limit in terms of the challenge I want from user created levels, but fun flowing stuff when you nail it.

• Upvote 2

My Oubliette level must have briefly charted yesterday, because it had 250-odd plays in a few hours. Only had 50 likes though, bloody philistines :P I think it probably got boo'ed too, because it was nowhere in the top 200, even just for Europe, when I checked, and hardly any plays since. In better news, someone from USGamer included Rocket Base Galaxy in his article.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/man-vs-mario-maker-2-the-superball-arbys-and-world-1-1-is-burning

• Upvote 5

Here we are, my opus!

Mario of the Colossus (T8M-P67-5VF)

Journey to a forbidden realm and slay three sacred beings.

D_xfG3qVUAEzZGP?format=jpg&name=large

D_xfG3rUwAA0apd?format=jpg&name=large

D_xfG32UIAAng3Q?format=jpg&name=large

D_xfG3rUcAAvPbN?format=jpg&name=large

SotC is probably my game of all time, so I'd thought I'd have a go at doing a Mario version. I've included three colossi, various secrets and as many nods to the original game as I feasibly could. It's taken my fupping hours to finish and test, and at this point I'm pretty sure I'm all Mario'd out, for the time being anyway.

Let me know what you think!

• Upvote 7

On 16/07/2019 at 21:38, Jamie John said:

Glad you're all enjoying it! It was enough for me to just clear the bloody thing.

I can't even get past the first piranaha plant :(

3 minutes ago, KRP said:

I can't even get past the first piranaha plant :(

Hmm.

Are you doing a handstand jump from the top of the tree? You should just sail up and over it.

Finally got around to finish another level, this ones a bit different to my last few. I wanted to get making a level with switch blocks out of my system, so it focuses a lot more on mechanics than looks. Basically it's a series of mini-challenges based around hitting switches with shells.

Switchblock Palace

KDT-Q6W-PWF

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, GokouD said:

Finally got around to finish another level, this ones a bit different to my last few. I wanted to get making a level with switch blocks out of my system, so it focuses a lot more on mechanics than looks. Basically it's a series of mini-challenges based around hitting switches with shells.

Switchblock Palace

KDT-Q6W-PWF

Nice level! 

It took me 23 minutes to complete because I am so shit at Mario. 

On 18/07/2019 at 18:11, Jamie John said:

Here we are, my opus!

D_xfG3qVUAEzZGP?format=jpg&name=large

D_xfG3rUwAA0apd?format=jpg&name=large

D_xfG32UIAAng3Q?format=jpg&name=large

D_xfG3rUcAAvPbN?format=jpg&name=large

SotC is probably my game of all time, so I'd thought I'd have a go at doing a Mario version. I've included three colossi, various secrets and as many nods to the original game as I feasibly could. It's taken my fupping hours to finish and test, and at this point I'm pretty sure I'm all Mario'd out, for the time being anyway.

This is so cool. Yoshi though :(

16 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I just checked my profile and discovered I've played this game for "85 hours or more" over the last 17 days.

Heh.

:unsure:

Wow, and I thought my 60 hours was bad ;)

On 18/07/2019 at 14:07, the_debaser said:

How many coins do you need to complete the 

Reveal hidden contents

Weird mosaic which pink toad starts building for you after you’ve completed everything else?

Spoiler

About 10,000. I definitely had to grind for coins towards the end of it. Unlocks a neat final level though.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GokouD said:

This is so cool. Yoshi though :(

Spoiler

You get him back at the end, though. I tried to replicate how Argo washes up at the end of SotC.

Wow, and I thought my 60 hours was bad ;)

I know, I was pretty shocked. I do tend to leave it on pause in between making dinner and stuff like that, though...

Just a friendly word of advice, keep testing your levels from the beginning and don't be a plonker and forget that red/blue switches stay consistent between areas. :(

Wow, this is not my level, but if you have the slightest interest in puzzle levels, you have to play this one. It's called House of Oob and it's the cleverest thing I've ever seen in Mario Maker.

33X-JGJ-PNF

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, PyramidFace said:
  Reveal hidden contents

About 10,000. I definitely had to grind for coins towards the end of it. Unlocks a neat final level though.

Cheers. Not sure the very final level it was worth grinding the extra two thousand coins I needed but at least its closure. 

Overall, a very odd single player mode and a bit of an anticlimax. You’re not really sure you’ve done everything until you’ve spoken to everyone, and when you do there’s nothing to say well done. Sort of similar to Yoshi’s Crafted World, you 100% it and then that’s it. 

On 18/07/2019 at 18:11, Jamie John said:

Here we are, my opus!

I can see all the effort that went into that, very well done. I sucked of course. The two parts I got stuck on were: Not realising the three large stacked spinies were a colossus, I just thought they were an environmental obstacle, so I didn't even think of trying to kill them to get a key. Then after killing the big wiggler, I didn't notice the way out -- I thought I had to go back the way I came, so died a bunch of times trying to get back and doing the whole fight again. An arrow to the exit could have helped?

But this was all me being thick. I've never been good at puzzle levels.

• Upvote 1