Super Mario Maker 2 - New update adds worlds! (Forum Course List in First Post)

Isaac

18 hours ago, ann coulter said:

My idea here was to subvert the function of the Super Star power-up.

C4D-Y2V-K0H

Fickle Stars of Stiletto Skies.

'Oh, capricious Super Star! Mario's most trusted power-up turns against him.' :P

Ha, what a great idea!

4 hours ago, imp said:

Whoah! Thanks very much for the kind words! I actually had the idea this afternoon to reward the exploration, so I've reuploaded with a fun little bonus area you can reach by collecting five pink coins. There's some fairly fiendish platforming involved for anyone who wants to try though!

P71-LPN-3GG

How do you get the pink coin above the green pipe? Can’t see any way of getting to it. Tried jumping to it, either fell short or ended up on the platform above. Tried jumping on the Koopa, couldn’t see how it would get me there. Sad.

1 minute ago, Eighthours said:

How do you get the pink coin above the green pipe? Can’t see any way of getting to it. Tried jumping to it, either fell short or ended up on the platform above. Tried jumping on the Koopa, couldn’t see how it would get me there. Sad.

It's possible to make the jump from the left platform, but if that's too tricky there's something hidden elsewhere in the level that will make the coin easier to grab.

13 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Oh yes, I absolutely love it.

For my course the process I went through was to limit myself to a number of different items, then lay down just the terrain, with no coins or enemies.  I altered the terrain so that it was possible to just run through the course holding down Y until the different jumps felt good.

I then placed enemies in positions that would break this jumping rhythm so the player had to adjust slightly.

Maybe I put too many in.

Edit:- here is a video of the level, hopefully it shows what I mean, about having to hold back slightly, while still going relatively quickly.

That's great, thanks for sharing.

I can see the way the level flows when the it is played properly. I'll give it another go tomorrow as I was being way too cautious in my approach.

4 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

If I end up being too lazy or incompetent to make some levels would I have wasted my money? I love 2d Mario games but have never been that enamoured with the 3d iterations so have high hopes for this. 

You’re going to have infinite user created maps to go through anyway. I saw the creator of Celeste had put some levels together earlier. 

The story mode chapters remind me of Breath of the Wild’s shrines - there’s a lot of them and they’re quite short, but good.

5 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Any links to those levels? 

Yeah here you go:

- Banzai Bounce: Q43-GXB-WHG
- Desert of Despair: H8K-3B9-WDG
- Starlight Shells: PHP-GYT-VJG
- Shrine of the Sacred Stiletto: 5YG-7DN-PGG

Maker ID: JVY-3W4-11H

I was ill this afternoon and came home from work early. 

I put Endless mode on Easy and had a wonderfully chilled afternoon. Most levels were pretty easy, but that was a good thing. 

(Sort of got sucked in and stopped, with my streak up to 118 breaking into the top 10,000)

14 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Yeah here you go:

Awesome, thanks!

Just my luck that I've been super busy over launch weekend! I've got one half-made stage and played a bunch of Story Mode (which is pretty great!) on the train.

Looking forward to playing everyone's levels in this thread and hopefully have a few of my own soon. :)

47 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Thoughts on something like this as a way of sharing courses? A Google form, which spits out the data into a spreadsheet (the link to it is at the top of the form), and puts the newest entries at the top. I've added a bunch in from the other spreadsheet.

Form: http://bit.ly/rllmuk_smm2_add

Spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/rllmuk_smm2_results

We could probably add a random course picker somewhere, a way of filtering or viewing them in a different way, and I wonder if it's possible to let people rate/score them? Not sure on what's possible with Google Sheets tbh.

21043767_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.8ff916969446cb191e387abe081af16c.png

Better than mine... use this one instead :lol: 

10 minutes ago, GokouD said:

I made another one. It starts out normally but things go strange.

It's All Gone A Bit Pete Tong.

R64-J5V-2HF.

I spent far too much time making this one so I hope it's actually fun!

I liked it! I did take too long at the beginning trying to figure out where to go though. 

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

Thoughts on something like this as a way of sharing courses? A Google form, which spits out the data into a spreadsheet (the link to it is at the top of the form), and puts the newest entries at the top. I've added a bunch in from the other spreadsheet.

We could probably add a random course picker somewhere, a way of filtering or viewing them in a different way, and I wonder if it's possible to let people rate/score them? Not sure on what's possible with Google Sheets tbh.

This is great.

1 hour ago, GwiDan said:

Yeah here you go:

Beat Desert of Despair, that was tense. 

Added my course from a couple of days ago to the fancy spreadsheet, just so it's on there. Thanks to everyone who played it! There are some random Japanese players amongst the RLLMUK Brits as well, so it seems to be in the "system".

9 hours ago, Paulando said:

This is excellent! Any objections to me putting a link on the discord?