Super Mario Maker 2 - New update adds worlds! (Forum Course List in First Post)

Isaac

Jesus, I'd forgotten just how much this sucks you in and time passes so quickly. 4 hours seem like 1. Obviously it's fucking ace.

Had a bash on story mode which seems good and started a couple of my own levels that might not come to anything. I used to have shit loads on the go at once in Mario Maker 1, playing around until some kind of alright thing happened and I'd finish that level while others got discarded. Probably do the same this time.

4 hours ago, Eighthours said:

Really enjoyed that, Dave. :)

One thing, though. Can you figure out how to respawn the Koopa Troopa near the start if it’s killed by running into it with the shell, which makes the shell disappear? My partner did that a couple of times (lol) and then there’s no way to progress. Nintendo level designers wouldn’t allow such an outrage!

EDIT: Same thing with the mushroom next to the spinies. She hit one of the spinies after getting the mushroom, and her wail of ‘aaaargh’ was quite something. :D

Ok so I edited a few bit based on your feedback and added a few areas.

i think I’ll be amending my courses a lot until I’m happy with them.

let me know what you think!

C2H-K9R-FCG

5 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Well, yes. The Switch has a userbase twice the size of the Wii-U's and Nintendo fans tend to like Mario games. Feels like a redundant distinction, really.

Edit: he's just pulled those figures from Wikipedia. :lol: I'd be a lot more interested to see how sales of SMM2 are faring against the 3DS version.

5 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Well, yes. The Switch has a userbase twice the size of the Wii-U's and Nintendo fans tend to like Mario games. Feels like a redundant distinction, really.

Edit: he's just pulled those figures from Wikipedia. :lol: I'd be a lot more interested to see how sales of SMM2 are faring against the 3DS version.

Nah, Benji definitely knows what he's talking about. Granted, it's all US sales data but he's definitely got the data. 

And I thought the 3DS Mario Maker sold poorly, which people attributed to the fact it had no online?

40 minutes ago, elmo said:

Ok so I edited a few bit based on your feedback and added a few areas.

i think I’ll be amending my courses a lot until I’m happy with them.

let me know what you think!

C2H-K9R-FCG

Nice solutions. I miss the into-the-screen Banzai Bill bit, but also those things are annoying so I don’t. :lol: 

Actually, the BBs in 3D World are the only things I don’t like in the game so far - knowing when they’re on your plane and will kill you isn’t intuitive enough. (Oh, actually, Meowser’s crazy number of hit points are annoying too...)

12 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Nah, Benji definitely knows what he's talking about. Granted, it's all US sales data but he's definitely got the data. 

And I thought the 3DS Mario Maker sold poorly, which people attributed to the fact it had no online?

I was referring to his quoted SMM1 sales. I don't doubt that he has stats but if he hasn't pulled what he's using in that tweet from from Wikipedia, he's felt the need to make exactly the same distinctions as the Wikipedia article does. He doesn't have a precise figure for UK sales in that tweet either:

Super Mario Maker debuted in Japan with more than 138,000 physical copies sold; it had sales of 245,000 copies in its first three weeks, by the end of September 2015. It was the second best-selling game in the UK in its first week of release, debuting at No. 2 on the UK software retail chart. It was the fourth fastest-selling game for the Wii U since the console's debut in 2012. In its first three weeks on sale in North America, 445,000 copies had been sold, with over 500,000 sold by the end of September 2015.

Either way, it's to be expected that a Switch sequel to a Wii-U Mario game is likely to perform better than its predecessor did.

7 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

I was referring to his quoted SMM1 sales. I don't doubt that he has stats but if he hasn't pulled what he's using in that tweet from from Wikipedia, he's felt the need to make exactly the same distinctions as the Wikipedia article does. He doesn't have a precise figure for UK sales in that tweet either:

Either way, it's to be expected that a Switch sequel to a Wii-U Mario game is likely to perform better than its predecessor did.

Yeah, but 'One of the biggest launches of 2019' should be the real take from this. And that's without digital data. 

15 minutes ago, Made of Ghosts said:

The new interface is fucking me up. Feels really cramped. Are people using styluses?

Definitely finding it harder to make levels both in handheld mode (no stylus) and docked. Time investment is a about the same, 2-3 hours plus if you want to make something decent.

1 hour ago, NEG said:

Definitely finding it harder to make levels both in handheld mode (no stylus) and docked. Time investment is a about the same, 2-3 hours plus if you want to make something decent.

So that level of yours took about 5 minutes then?:P I would get a stylus, I'm using a cheap one off Amazon and it pretty much feels like playing the Wii U version, to the point where muscle memory immediately kicked in I started using button shortcuts I didn't even remember existing!

I think I'm going to dedicate my play time tonight to getting caught up with forum levels.

44 minutes ago, GokouD said:

So that level of yours took about 5 minutes then?:P I would get a stylus, I'm using a cheap one off Amazon and it pretty much feels like playing the Wii U version, to the point where muscle memory immediately kicked in I started using button shortcuts I didn't even remember existing!

I think I'm going to dedicate my play time tonight to getting caught up with forum levels.

What’s the shortcut for ‘move Mario back to the start’ when you’re making?

Played various levels off here this afternoon. Good times!

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Yeah, but 'One of the biggest launches of 2019' should be the real take from this. And that's without digital data. 

Yeah, though I'm still not surprised. It's a Mario platforming game, after all!

I skipped the WiiU and this has already swept past NSMBU Deluxe for total play time.

Turns out 2D Mario is still good when you aren’t forced back to the map and through multiple load screens after every death.

Just spent a half hour with Dan Ryckert’s latest offering making next to no progress and don’t feel a hint of frustration.

19 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

I skipped the WiiU and this has already swept past NSMBU Deluxe for total play time.

Turns out 2D Mario is still good when you aren’t forced back to the map and through multiple load screens after every death.

Just spent a half hour with Dan Ryckert’s latest offering making next to no progress and don’t feel a hint of frustration.

Calling bullshit on that last line