Super Mario Maker 2 - New update adds worlds! (Forum Course List in First Post)

Isaac

1 hour ago, GokouD said:

Oh God it's not 5p or whatever it was called, is it? That still haunts my nightmares...

It's not a 1 for 1 recreation and I daresay it's not quite as skin tight timer-wise as the original (and jumping is involved!), but yes. ^_^

1 hour ago, NEG said:

It's not a 1 for 1 recreation and I daresay it's not quite as skin tight timer-wise as the original (and jumping is involved!), but yes. ^_^

This level should be against the Geneva Convention, but it is less horrible than the original at least!

Anyone know what the deal is with profile medals? Last night I had gold for all time points, and silver for weekly, then today I only had bronze for the all time one. Now my silver weekly one has gone all together! I still have the notifications and outfits from when I had then though.

Just something short and sweet that I put together to test a few things.

1KT-9YX-6HG

I uploaded it last night but I’m not sure if I did it right. I’ve not had any information on if anyone’s played it or not. Either it’s fallen through the cracks or I’m looking in the wrong place.

33 minutes ago, elmo said:

1KT-9YX-6HG

I uploaded it last night but I’m not sure if I did it right. I’ve not had any information on if anyone’s played it or not. Either it’s fallen through the cracks or I’m looking in the wrong place.

I've played and cleared it so you should see something now? So many deaths...

1 hour ago, elmo said:

1KT-9YX-6HG

It really helped me get to grips with the wall jump timing. That start took me about twenty goes. Some nice little misdirected bits on the way. And an imperious WR for me. 

Played for a couple of hours last night. I feel the same as I did with MM, unsurprisingly, that this is an absolutely brilliant tool and lots of fun, but I am largely devoid of any skill or imagination and so my creations are pretty shit.

What I hope more than anything is that I can find a few very good makers who keep me well stocked with standard 2D Mario levels. So hoping the online system is a bit better this time around. Seems like you can filter by difficulty and type this time, which I'm not sure you could in MM.

6 hours ago, ann coulter said:

This game is crack. Help.

My first attempt: 9FH-L7X-5HG.

Some neat puzzle bits. Really frustrating for a while, I must be honest! My first clear took like nine minutes but I had another couple of cracks and I enjoyed it once I had the solution. 

7 hours ago, GokouD said:

I've made another one, something a bit more cheery this time. Gusty Gardens 2D, I've tried to give it a nice gentle difficulty curve so no doubt it will end up with a 5% clear rate :P

CJD-S10-4JF

Nice! Lots of comments and clears on this one. Some sweet ideas. 

When the hell did I forget how to play Mario games? I jump too far, too soon, or too often. I've got all the momentum control of a hippo falling down a hill. And I'm ignoring 30 coins because "Yeah, sod that!"

I remade one of the levels I uploaded in the first game, and can't even complete it to upload it! I'm hoping it's all because I was just very tired last night, and will do much better today. There will be thousands of levels that I'll never be able to complete, thousands more that I won't even try. And none of this matters, because the story mode is already amazing, and I'm only 15 levels into it at this point.

The game is genius. Even in this tiny corner of the internet, we're seeing variety in levels made. Multiply that by millions, and it's a literal festival, a celebration, an explosion of creativity. I feel it will be the zeitgeist game for the next month or two, as well, so enjoy the ride! 

3 hours ago, elmo said:

1KT-9YX-6HG

Really enjoyed that, Dave. :)

One thing, though. Can you figure out how to respawn the Koopa Troopa near the start if it’s killed by running into it with the shell, which makes the shell disappear? My partner did that a couple of times (lol) and then there’s no way to progress. Nintendo level designers wouldn’t allow such an outrage!

EDIT: Same thing with the mushroom next to the spinies. She hit one of the spinies after getting the mushroom, and her wail of ‘aaaargh’ was quite something. :D

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

Some neat puzzle bits. Really frustrating for a while, I must be honest! My first clear took like nine minutes but I had another couple of cracks and I enjoyed it once I had the solution. 

Ha, thanks. It's quite tricky to balance the difficulty of puzzles and platforming well without watching other people play it, I'm finding. Appreciate you persevering to the end! :D

Anyone know what's up with the two different stats for times played? In one section it says my course has been played 5 times, but further down it says it says the clear rate is 3 clears out of 41 (7.31%). Can't be both. I've noticed a similar discrepancy on every course I've played.

2 hours ago, Eighthours said:

Really enjoyed that, Dave. :)

One thing, though. Can you figure out how to respawn the Koopa Troopa near the start if it’s killed by running into it with the shell, which makes the shell disappear? My partner did that a couple of times (lol) and then there’s no way to progress. Nintendo level designers wouldn’t allow such an outrage!

EDIT: Same thing with the mushroom next to the spinies. She hit one of the spinies after getting the mushroom, and her wail of ‘aaaargh’ was quite something. :D

On it!

cheers!

How does one add a feedback to a specific area in a level? For example, I would very much like ot put an angry face at one distinct point in @ann coulter's level, but I don't seem to get that option. Whereas, I noticed they were all over @GokouD's Gusty Gardens 2. Is this set by the creator? I promise, I will play all the levels posted here, but I downloaded 5 so far and if I have to play rather than download, then that's how I'll do it from here. (Might also explain stat differences, actually. Download allows you to play offline.)

My own first level is a remix of one of my old ones - YY4-TS7-S1H. Hope you enjoy! 

19 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

Has everyone watched the Nina/Yamamura tutorials?

I watched most of them although I didn't need to. They are as funny as ever -- the 3DS version had bizarre banter between Yamamura and Mashiko (or Mary O). Not sure why she's been replaced by Nina. I like how Nina keeps calling them "levels" and Yamamura crossly corrects her and says they are "courses". The tutorials where he demonstrates trolling are the best - I actually burst out laughing when he trolls Nina with a hidden thwomp and she goes: "YOU FLY ON WINGS OF LIES!"

Who says SMM2 doesn't have the same weird charm.I just wish there was another section of tutorials after "Advanced" which actually teach you the new stuff in SMM2.

So anyway... either I'm really shit at Super Mario, or the difficulty levels of user-made courses have not settled yet. I was playing Normal courses but some of them were bastards that should maybe have been Hard.

10 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

How does one add a feedback to a specific area in a level? For example, I would very much like ot put an angry face at one distinct point in @ann coulter's level, but I don't seem to get that option

I think you can do that by leaving feedback while you're still playing the level, and it will be placed where you're standing at that time. Once you've finished the level and leaving feedback afterwards, I don't think you can.