rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - tonight we're gonna price it like it's 1993!

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Anyway, they need to do Oracle of Ages/Seasons next. Or as DLC.

That  would be great. They have an engine and plenty of assets created already. Easy money. 

They probably won't do it though. 

3 hours ago, robdood said:

How outrageous, right?  Completely remaking a 26-year old game with new technologies with a team probably 10x the size (at least), and then charging full price?  

Greedy bastards. 

Shadow of the Colossus was a full remake by Bluepoint and IIRC, had a retail price of £29.99 on launch. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Shadow of the Colossus was a full remake by Bluepoint and IIRC, had a retail price of £29.99 on launch. 

Greedy bastards. I already owned two other versions.

42 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I hope when we leave Europe, that gets rid of that bloody logo.

If Farage had campaigned on that instead of lies and blue passports we'd already be out, I'm sure. 

Still disappointing at the 59.99 price point. Chamber Dungeons doesn't look to be much of an extra. :(

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, NEG said:

Still disappointing at the 59.99 price point. Chamber Dungeons doesn't look to be much of an extra. :(

Kinda hoping there might be a few extra things in the main game they haven't spoken about but the chamber dungeons doesn't look that bad.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Kinda hoping there might be a few extra things in the main game they haven't spoken about but the chamber dungeons doesn't look that bad.

Considering I was about 14 when I last played it, it's basically going to be a new game to me.  Aside form that music, man :wub:

8 minutes ago, Made of Ghosts said:

I don’t get the DIY dungeon thing, you just put pre-existing rooms together? How is that going to be interesting?

it sounds as though you need to solve puzzles using the rooms that you unlock

14 minutes ago, Made of Ghosts said:

I don’t get the DIY dungeon thing, you just put pre-existing rooms together? How is that going to be interesting?

I think it's some kind of randomizer. So the puzzles change depending on their positions or something. Depends how in depth it goes really.

I actually never finished Link's Awakening on my 3DS Ambassador games collection, but I can already feel that £60 floating away like ash. *click*

I've finished this game more than any other zelda back when I was about 13 or so on my original of game boy (none of this wrongly spelled "color" nonsense) and it's bloody great. 

I pity anyone's eyeballs that think this looks bad in some way. If you ever played an "arcade perfect" version of numerous games on the c64 or even amiga,  you're really having some first world problems thinking this is a bad remaster of a 26 year old game. 

Yeah that's a bit four yorkshiremen I realise but shit, this sort of nonsense moaning is why we ended up with the ridiculous grim dark look of twilight princess after the absolutely beautiful cel shaded goodness of the wind waker. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, NEG said:

If you buy the switch game vouchers from the Swedish store, you can get 2 games for £75. 

I can't get my head around how good this game looks. The style is sublime. Plus I never played the original, I only had a donated Gameboy with Tetris. Still have it in my basement.

Now, I just need the time to play games.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

Just now, HarryBizzle said:

£60 does seem pretty mental given Mario Odyssey was £49.99. 

Is that the actual base game price though, or just the limited edition with the added stuff?

57 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

If you buy the switch game vouchers from the Swedish store, you can get 2 games for £75. 

Don't you have to have the online subscription on the account you're using on the Swedish store though? Or are you moving your UK account to the Swedish store?

5 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Base game price, I'm afraid.

oof - maybe it'll come down before launch - is it listed as that officially by Nintendo, or just be retailers taking pre-orders?

Deffo one for the game vouchers scheme then!

On 22/02/2019 at 11:00, Marlowe said:

I've watched the trailer a few times and the art style is growing on me. Initially it was a jarring transition from the beautiful hand-drawn animation style in the cutscene, but the vibrant toy-like style makes a lot of sense when you consider the calm, dreamy tone of much of the game, and its idiosyncrasies like the inclusion of Mario characters, the prevalence of magic and animals and the side-scrolling sections (I know Zelda II did side-scrolling first, but very different to LA). Really can't wait for this.

Having watched the new trailer twice and a bit of footage from the Treehouse stream, I'm now completely in love with the art style! It's so warm and nostalgic and beautiful. Just as importantly, the updated music is no less impressive. From the snippets I've heard, they've done a great job of maintaining that feel of the original chip tunes with modern instrumentation.

I can definitely picture losing myself on the dreamy Koholint Island during the dark October nights while in the world outside we spiral towards the nightmare of a No Deal Brexit.