rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - tonight we're gonna price it like it's 1993!

On 29/07/2019 at 18:38, Jamie John said:

This is currently sub-£40 to preorder at Shopto, along with some tat. Most other places are doing it at £45-50. They charge you on dispatch so I've gone with them for now.

Was just checking out shopto. I couldn't change it from delivery to Romania for some reason...

I found its at base.com for the same price with free delivery. Anyone used them before?

https://www.base.com/buy/product/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-nintendo-switch/dgc-zeldalinkns.htm?gclid=CjwKCAjw5fzrBRASEiwAD2OSV4lDltLYblDrgAtN-mAXuGng0UumpTRDk0qzj5paiTPDiTjjyMScHBoCe0kQAvD_BwE

Unlikely for a first party but dare to dream. Unless it’s the limited edition, in which case a courier is involved and that’s always sent the day before.

1 hour ago, Totoro said:

Was just checking out shopto. I couldn't change it from delivery to Romania for some reason...

I found its at base.com for the same price with free delivery. Anyone used them before?

https://www.base.com/buy/product/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-nintendo-switch/dgc-zeldalinkns.htm?gclid=CjwKCAjw5fzrBRASEiwAD2OSV4lDltLYblDrgAtN-mAXuGng0UumpTRDk0qzj5paiTPDiTjjyMScHBoCe0kQAvD_BwE

I had this same problem with their site where UK was not in the list of countries. I reported it and they just said I was probably using a VPN or something so must be my fault..

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

Unlikely for a first party but dare to dream. Unless it’s the limited edition, in which case a courier is involved and that’s always sent the day before.

Yeah mine is special edition and is being sent with a courier.

I got SMM2 and CTR a day early but i can't remember if i got them from someone other than shopto.

Using a combination of that cheap credit at CDKeys, and the two-vouchers-for-£84, and some gold coins, I've preloaded this from the eShop for £29.50 :)

Fuck you 1993 price ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

ShopTo have just taken my money so that must mean preparing for despatch.

This is the part of these kinds of threads I love the most and look forward to keeping you all updated!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

Nintendo know their fans. I don’t need for a Switch Lite but launching it on the same day as this Game Boy nostalgia trip makes me think maybe I do...

I'd already decided that a Switch Lite wasn't for me, but if Nintendo had made one like this mockup in a bundle with Link's Awakening, i would have found that decision a lot harder to stick to.

I love the form factor of the lite. If it supported docked mode I’d have one in an instant. 

Anyway, this looks wonderful but I think I’m going to hold off for a little while as I could do without the expenditure and have plenty to play and not much time to play it in. I think I’ll save it for my next holiday game. I’m always trying to find something to play when I go away and having this would be amazing. 

• Empathy 1

4 hours ago, Popo said:

ShopTo have just taken my money so that must mean preparing for despatch.

This is the part of these kinds of threads I love the most and look forward to keeping you all updated!

I've just checked and despite having an email in July confirming my order; on the Shopto website  it is listed as being placed on 16/9.  Is this normal?

I wouldn't be bothered but I notice that the keyring and poster versions have sold out....

Yes my order date is also 16/09 despite being placed in July and the confirmation email I’ve got refers to the keyring. I’m not too worried. 

14 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I love the form factor of the lite. If it supported docked mode I’d have one in an instant. 

I do find it strange that it doesn't.  Even the first Switch announcement video had the guy drop his Switch into the dock & then pick up a Pro Controller to continue playing.

When the Tech Breakdown Youtubers get their hands on the Switch Lite I will be interested to know if really is technologically incapable of outputting through the dock, or if Nintendo just disabled the functionality.

1 hour ago, sofasurfer said:

Looks like Game have the limited edition available again so be quick people

https://www.game.co.uk/en/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-limited-edition-2388628

Interestingly, when you go on the preorder it says no stock available, but I was able to order it by going through google shopping instead. I've had confirmation from game that my order is in the bag, so now to wait and see if it gets actually cancelled!

1 hour ago, Jarik said:

I do find it strange that it doesn't.

Because if it did it would be virtually the same as the standard Switch and cost the same amount.

They have the stats, and the stats say a sizeable percentage (35 or 40%, I think) of Switch owners ONLY play handheld. 

1 hour ago, strider said:

Interestingly, when you go on the preorder it says no stock available, but I was able to order it by going through google shopping instead. I've had confirmation from game that my order is in the bag, so now to wait and see if it gets actually cancelled!

I managed to add it to my basket earlier, completed payment info via PayPal then just got dunted back to the product listing with no sign of any confirmation from Game or Paypal, only to find the product now un-basketable. I snooped around a million other sites trying to see if it was available elsewhere, failed, came here, saw your post, tried that, created a Game account because it couldn’t recognise my log-in, went through Capthcha hell for it, eventually check out, got a confirmation page on the Game site, received an email from PayPal to say the preorder is in place, but no confirmation email from Game, despite them saying I’d get one, tried to log in to my Game account to look at my orders, got an error saying to try later, tried this several times again later, got the same shit, got an email from Game with the account verification code that I seemingly requested despite not requesting, which I then copied and pasted into the relevant page on the Game log in page, only to be told the code doesn’t work. Tried to log into my order info from their email and got the same error message.

Looking gOo0oOo0d :omg:

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Because if it did it would be virtually the same as the standard Switch and cost the same amount.

They have the stats, and the stats say a sizeable percentage (35 or 40%, I think) of Switch owners ONLY play handheld. 

Where did you get the figure from? I was wondering what the percentage was that only plays it docked.

Heard some whispers on Twitter as well that the frame rate is a bit dodgy in places. Hopefully there's a patch but surprising for a modern first party Nintendo game to not hit a consistent 60fps.

11 minutes ago, JPL said:

Where did you get the figure from? I was wondering what the percentage was that only plays it docked.

I'm quoting from a memory of an article on Nintendolife. Don't remember the exact figures but it was something like 35 handheld, 20 docked, the rest both.

33 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

If they dont make do a LttP remake in the same style they are crazy fools.

I would expect the Oracle games to make a reappearance. Maybe even bring the lost third one back?