rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - tonight we're gonna price it like it's 1993!

I’ve watched the video again and in hindsight I can see why they have gone for that art style in order to make sure the game plays very similar to the tile based original!

cant wait 

1 minute ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Oh dear lord. The high res screens are AMAZING.

Citation needed. 

3 minutes ago, probotector said:

I’ve watched the video again and in hindsight I can see why they have gone for that art style in order to make sure the game plays very similar to the tile based original!

cant wait 

The longer I look at it, the more it fits the story. If you know what I mean.

• Upvote 1

Just now, probotector said:

What you mean because it’s....

Never completed the original? Because that would be telling/ruining it.

I'm not sure about this new Youtube feature where videos can eject chopped onions into your face. 

Dear god, I wasn't even watching the Direct, just saw a thing on Twitter. Holy fucking shit, this console. :blush::wub::blink:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Did the original have platforming section featuring goomba's?

Yes, and a lot more. If you ever wondered where the Mario and Luigi clones from OOT came from... Well, here's your answer.

3 minutes ago, joeplus said:

I'm not sure about this new Youtube feature where videos can eject chopped onions into your face. 

Dear god, I wasn't even watching the Direct, just saw a thing on Twitter. Holy fucking shit, this console. :blush::wub::blink:

I like that the FMV isnt flashy, it’s very 80s/90s hand drawn anime

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, probotector said:

I like that the FMV isnt flashy, it’s very 80s/90s hand drawn anime

Thiscunt fucking loves the 90s.

It's a cute art style that's reflective of the handicraft look that Nintendo have been using for a while but I think I was a little bit more excited by the way the intro now looks like old Zelda illustrations brought to life. I think I'd prefer a style that was a bit more evocative of that.

I'm also a bit surprised by the vibrant palette. Those Game Boy greens made me forget that I was on a sunny island for long stretches of the game.

• Upvote 2

Strongly dislike the in-game art style, but the cut-scenes look lovely. Not quite the 'and finally...' announcement I was hoping for, but there we go!

• Upvote 1