Sign in to follow this  
Harsin

The Worst Characters Committed to Screen

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

I put it the fine folks of Rllmuk that there is no worse character than Neelix from Star Trek Voyager. I mean just look at this fucker.

h5C795BAD

As much as I think Star Trek Discovery is a pretty bad show, at least it hasn't got any characters on the level of terribleness of this arsehole.

Voyager was pretty bad overall anyway, but everything about him is a misfire, his personality, weird mohawk/mullet and range of awful pastel smocks. He was supposed to be lovable light relief, but he makes Jar Jar Binks look like a triumph in not-annoying comedy writing. To top it off he was a sleazy space nonce, banging an alien girl only a few years old*. But she ages at an accelerated rate! Tell it to the space courts creepo!

Add your own characters that are an affront to the medium of TV and/or film.

* PS. Don't Google what happened to that actress after they fired her from the show.

Yeah, I'd agree but then this came along and I'd take neelix all day long.

MV5BYzk5MzcyMTMtYjlmMy00ZTQ1LTg4NmYtOTg4MzdhYTNiOTY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDk0ODI3OA@@._V1_UY268_CR147,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 6
  • Empathy 1

1 hour ago, dfq23 said:

Del Boy

Not sure about this, Only Fools was very funny the first ten billion times I saw it. I think people tend to view it nowadays through a jaded lens (Del Boy, Stu!) but personally I hate what Only Fools became rather than what it originally was. The OG episodes with Grandad were some deece television. They've just been shown too often. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Festoon said:

The clown thingy from Spawn the Movie.

I didn’t neg you, but John Lequizamo was brilliant as the clown. Probably the best thing in the film.

Of course he isn't anywhere close to winning this, but Thulsa Doom. I don't know how he's written in the book, but in the film he rocks up in his awesome armour and you're immediately looking forward to the showdown. Things quickly take a turn for the worse when he reveals his helmet mullet, alongside a couple of henchmen presumably raging from being turned down by the Village People. And Skatt Bros.

But even that's fine if the last battle's good, and it sets it up beautifully when we finally arrive at Doom's glorious tower with his fire-wafting worshippers afront. I mean, the horny-witch-burning and Mako's desert episode were a bit far out, but I'd stuck with it. And then it comes down to Arnie and JEJ (both brilliantly cast) on a fantastic-by-'82-standards set, and they talk. THEY TALK. And then Conan cuts his head off.

This ending was the difference between kids in my school calling it the greatest film ever and its minimal value in swapsies.

6 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

Mark Wahlbergs completely fucking useless character in All The Money In The World. 

Thank you for being literally the only person other than me who seems to feel this way. A fixer who achieves absolutely nothing, moves the plot on not one inch. Awful wretched movie on and off screen.

13 hours ago, Harsin said:

I put it the fine folks of Rllmuk that there is no worse character than Neelix from Star Trek Voyager. I mean just look at this fucker.

h5C795BAD

As much as I think Star Trek Discovery is a pretty bad show, at least it hasn't got any characters on the level of terribleness of this arsehole.

Voyager was pretty bad overall anyway, but everything about him is a misfire, his personality, weird mohawk/mullet and range of awful pastel smocks. He was supposed to be lovable light relief, but he makes Jar Jar Binks look like a triumph in not-annoying comedy writing. To top it off he was a sleazy space nonce, banging an alien girl only a few years old*. But she ages at an accelerated rate! Tell it to the space courts creepo!

Add your own characters that are an affront to the medium of TV and/or film.

* PS. Don't Google what happened to that actress after they fired her from the show.

But those attractive women seem to think he’s great?

so confused

6 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Wow that's a bad outbreak of airbrushed-face. Who are they?

Cast of Twilight. Supposed to be undead, hence the whiteish pallour 

Johnny Glitter from Avenging Angel, which held the promise of sleaze and no-fucks-given 80s action, and delivered none of it. I've mainly blotted the character from my mind, but I remember he entered every scene by throwing glitter in front of himself, and was the kind of supposedly lovable sidekick that the audience roots for the destruction of from minute one. I think he made it to the credits though.

Holy shit the Angel films are garbage. The second one couldn't even be saved by Betsy Russell wielding a Magnum.

Glitter.thumb.jpg.e94eae31079072056ec209da76852f03.jpg

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Festoon said:

The clown thingy from Spawn the Movie.

Genuinely baffled at the dislikes. That thing is utterly horrible and ruins the film.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, JPL said:

I didn’t neg you, but John Lequizamo was brilliant as the clown. Probably the best thing in the film.

Baffling.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sabreman said:

Johnny Glitter from Avenging Angel, which held the promise of sleaze and no-fucks-given 80s action, and delivered none of it. I've mainly blotted the character from my mind, but I remember he entered every scene by throwing glitter in front of himself, and was the kind of supposedly lovable sidekick that the audience roots for the destruction of from minute one. I think he made it to the credits though.

Holy shit the Angel films are garbage. The second one couldn't even be saved by Betsy Russell wielding a Magnum.

Glitter.thumb.jpg.e94eae31079072056ec209da76852f03.jpg

Holy shit, I wondered if this was the same movie I used to see in the video store - couldn’t forget that cover!

22 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Baffling.

Maybe I should watch it again. It’s been over 20 years. I always remember thinking he was great as the cheeky, horrible little fucker, but maybe my memory’s playing tricks.

the clown is pretty widely considered the only good thing about the horrible spawn movie

Anyhoo, I really hate Peggy Hill. I know the comedy comes from the fact that she's deluded but i just want some random character to walk up and toe-boe her in the fanny.