Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

The Right Stuff - TV remake

I've always liked the 80s movie based on the book of the same name and now National Geographic are making a series of it with Appian Way, DiCaprio's company. They are planning on it being multiple seasons, covering from the test pilots to the Moon landing. They're saying a mission for each season, which I assume means the overall Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions.

• Upvote 1

If NatGeo's Mars series is anything to by, this will be the most miserable representation of The Right Stuff possible.

A good version would be great though.

So they'll take the whole essence of the book, the fact that the Mercury Seven had the "Right Stuff", giving unprecedented inside experience to those astronauts, where they came from and what they went through, finely compacted into a must read book and instead expand it out so that it covers every fucking space mission over multiple series????

It's well known Tom Wolfe hated the film due to the changes they made to it from the book. Guy must be spinning in his grave. 

Loved both the book and the film. The film does of course make some changes but they nailed Chuck Yeager for me. Or Sam Shepard did anyway. 

This seems like it’s nothing like the book or film.