rllmuk
kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

4 minutes ago, mexos said:

It's the stupid thing to do.

The lap after LeClerc pitted Vettel still pulled away from Hamilton, but LeClerc was quicker than Vettel, the next lap was similar, the next lap Vettel lost something like 6 10th.

Not that it matters now :(

Here's the fun talking point after the race, if that had been a full SC from the start, I don't think Lewis would have been leading.

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Or possibly, Vettel doing so by deliberately parking in a stupid spot.

He parked right by the escape road access.  He even parked it so they could simply wheel it backwards. I don't see what more he could have done.

Vettel parked by a gate so could be covered by a VSC. Russell putting it into the wall meant the full one was needed. Leclerc is still going to get him at the restart because he’s so quick in a straight line.

1 minute ago, PC Master Race said:

Time for the best wing man rear gunner to do his contracted job.

Passed on the restart.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

Here's the fun talking point after the race, if that had been a full SC from the start, I don't think Lewis would have been leading.

Indeed. No pitting under VSC in F2, and actual Virtual version of a safety car would be to set a delta for the leader and let the others close up.  It’s benefitted both teams in the past, and changed race results a few times.

I like the strategy element, but less so the luck.

Ferrari radio call stuff at the start the only interesting thing in an otherwise dull race.

Race directors didn’t help much I think with Albon coming from the back yet barely being seen.

No one thanking the VSC for the win ;)

Proper Ferrari gonna Ferrari today and an advert for why having two top drivers doesn’t work unless your car is 2 secs a lap quicker than your competitors....

I wonder what will happen, Ferrari know that with Lewis they would have had two titles already and a third this year but now they have two drivers that will be giving them problems race after race and the car advantage is negated - Mercedes are not likely to have power disadvantages for long and have to be the team you expect to do the best with the new regs and that’s before Redbull are fully competitive and you know that’s soon! 

My money is on Leclerc not being a long term Ferrari driver :o 

Leclerc is Ferrari's future. Vettel is going to get binned off at the end of next season for being too expensive and more trouble than he's worth. He's also bottled it too often against Hamilton to make a credible title challenge. 2020 is when it's all going to kick off when all of the big stars contracts are up and the regs change, until then Ferrari are just going to have to put up with it.

• Upvote 1

I thought that about Albon too, could there be some local politics coming in there? As Kvyatt didn't get the seat at Red Bull when they demoted Gasly (even though Kvyatt already had a go in the parent team)

Also any hear that Toro Rosso have applied to change their name? Apparently "Scuderia Alpha Tauri" rolls off the tongue better, though it's more likely it's to promote Red Bulls apparel brand

Yeah the name change had been mention on sky.  Something to do with a fashion range if i remember right

Whether it is fair or not, my brain is starting to associate Lec with the persona of the entitled whinger. 

Ferrari need to cut with the pissing around, good intentions or not this is exactly the way to start an internal war.

Lec needs to listen back to the tapes if the last two races and learn from it. I’m not sure either will happen though. Don’t become a meme like Grosjean.

Vettel needs to keep doing exactly what he’s now doing. It’s a fine line but unless he gets his elbows out he’s toast. He’s on the gradual down ramp to the exit door unless he throws a spanner or two in the works by being faster and not being a walk over. 

Proper fireworks are imminent. The car is now fast enough to win races week in week out, which raises the stakes even higher. It’s only a matter of time till they trade paint.

• Upvote 1

The young, quick guy is always going to win that battle, Vettel hasn't got the presence or worldwide recognition of a Schumacher.

He's gonna get Kimied.  Either he becomes the de facto number 2 or he's gonna move elsewhere. And remember Kimi actually won them a championship, which is more than Vettel ever did.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Dudley said:

And remember Kimi actually won them a championship, which is more than Vettel ever did.

Won is a strong word. Gifted is more appropriate.