rllmuk
kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

Leclerc is pissed but being screwed over by Ferrari strategy to let Seb win is what they do, they did it to Kimi at Monaco a few years ago. Mercedes need to do better in Russia but it’s a boring Tilkedrome with a huge straight so I expect Ferrari do do well there as well.

That was rather dull. Without the safety cars it might have been more exciting post-pit stops. 

Can understand why Leclerc will feel annoyed, but he signed for Ferrari and that’s how they roll - team first, drivers second. 

Yes! :)

Ferrari did the right thing for the team. LeClerc will have his time. 

Just now, PC Master Race said:

Hamilton's championship lead extends. :lol: 

That’s because Bottas is in 2nd and Merc ordered him to slow down...

I thought that it was a really interesting race. If the undercut gave Ferrari a 1-2 then the pit call was understandable, surely? Hilarious Merc team orders too, Bottas being told exactly what the score is :D

• Upvote 1

Bottas qualified fifth and binned in on Friday, knows his place in the team. Russia is his best track so hopefully he’ll be closer to the sharp end at the next race.

4 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

LeClerc wont take this lying down like Bottas, I reckon we could get some spicy moments between the Ferrari drivers before the end of the season.

Bottas knows he's the luckiest driver in F1 because if Mercedes had more notice that Rosberg was retiring he would never have ended up in that seat and now he's there and their main driver likes he's safe and won't do anything to rock the boat. Leclerc sees a hasbeen who he has been outperforming for most of the season so I expect his response in Russia to be interesting. 

Just saying...

344 points up for grabs if Ferrari 1-2 the remaining races.

216 if Merc did 3-4.

Currently there is a 133 point gap from Merc to Ferrari. 

Add in Verstappen beasting Bottas here and there... Unbelievably the constructors is not over. If Ferrari can win here they can win everywhere. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mexos said:

I love the sound of the Renault from the onboard.

Yeah I noticed that, lots of cool whine from the final drive/motor.

• Upvote 1

He works for the F1 Channel so probably something to do with the F1 Debrief he does for that channel. 

Ferrari are on a roll. Do we think Mercedes will recover or are they going to stagger over the line Brawn GP style. Russia has long straights and 90 degree corners so I expect Ferrari to be strong there and in Mexico and the US. Red Bull always go well in Mexico so it's only Japan and Brazil I think they will win races in the last part of the season.

A fool and his money...

I was a Piquet fan as a kid. When I saw this thing it was always getting bought. Signed by the man himself.

D8CCD764-572D-4A64-B1F4-DD73B1ECFF32.thumb.jpeg.8ed58f5cc24c7e0bef6319546ee7976d.jpeg

It came as a double pack, so I’ve got a signed Piquet Junior lid too. Think that one will stay in the box. :lol:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mexos said:

A fool and his money...

I was a Piquet fan as a kid. When I saw this thing it was always getting bought. Signed by the man himself.

D8CCD764-572D-4A64-B1F4-DD73B1ECFF32.thumb.jpeg.8ed58f5cc24c7e0bef6319546ee7976d.jpeg

It came as a double pack, so I’ve got a signed Piquet Junior lid too. Think that one will stay in the box. :lol:

You could mount the Piquet Jr one on your wall.

Race was a typical Vettel win, get those good tyres on, put in some fast laps then keep the car behind at arm's length, that it was his team mate and that he's still #1 at Ferrari despite LeClerc dominating him all season only aided that.

5 hours ago, ryodi said:

He works for the F1 Channel so probably something to do with the F1 Debrief he does for that channel. 

Ferrari are on a roll. Do we think Mercedes will recover or are they going to stagger over the line Brawn GP style. Russia has long straights and 90 degree corners so I expect Ferrari to be strong there and in Mexico and the US. Red Bull always go well in Mexico so it's only Japan and Brazil I think they will win races in the last part of the season.

Spa and Monza were slated as Ferrari’s races to lose because they played to the strength of their car yet Mercedes (well one of them) pushed them for the win and split them, so they hadn’t really improved from where they were.

This weekend was unexpected but they had a Merc mixing it up with them and splitting them in quali, and then being bad with tactics so if they had race pace it couldn’t be shown.
3 wins in row is great and I’m happy that Ferrari are getting some results because I like Binotto and he seems to be doing good things with the team, but I think it’s a bit crazy to look at the last few races and talk about Ferrari 1-2s like they’re about to be come the norm.

What has become clear from the last few races is that Bottas should not be in that car, Ferrari and Red Bull are a serious threat for next year and Merc can’t afford to be dropping points, screw Lewis’s comfort and get someone better in that car or they’ll regret it.

3 hours ago, Gord said:

So the bleep noise the radios make - reminds me of a videogame...what is it?

people are saying fortnite? I don't know, I don't play it.

Noooo....as if that’s how it had to happen for Charles :( :( gutted for him. Fucking tossers. 

That would have been pretty decent for me on points if Kimi hadn’t plowed his car. Nice to see Norris and Albon finish well. 

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

people are saying fortnite? I don't know, I don't play it.

Er, yeah. Trying to think what it signifies. Circle shrinking I think. Or in game message.