rllmuk
kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

That’s the last race they’ll win this season. Two points dropped to Bottas by Hamilton which makes no difference to the championship. Leclerc using the Max defensive tactics as well.

Forza Ferrari! :)

Decent race, great to see Charles do what Seb never managed and first time around too!

He had it as soon as Hamilton locked up. Merc signing Bottas for another year seems silly...

I won’t debate the penalties on Vettel and Stroll as it was clearly unsafe, but it would be interesting to have a helmet cam view from the cockpit, really doesn’t look like you’d see much.

Just now, mexos said:

BBB5374F-9512-4760-8255-5BCF743A3524.jpeg.67fbc864fe43c29e6493e0497c100ece.jpeg

Hello old friend.

If I was a steward at Monza I'd be wearing my red specs of 'I want to get out of here alive' as well.

Vettel has to get shitcanned by the end of the year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mexos said:

It looks like the podium was supposed to spin around but it hasn’t. I swear I saw the decks on the other side.

I think they were just stored around the other side until the podium was cleared. Then they pushed stuff to the front quickly.

23 minutes ago, mexos said:

BBB5374F-9512-4760-8255-5BCF743A3524.jpeg.67fbc864fe43c29e6493e0497c100ece.jpeg

Hello old friend. All weekend long, they’ve had the rub of the green let’s just say.

I see they are still turning a blind eye to Merc sending mechanics into the pitlane to bluff others. 

3rd time I’ve mentioned it in this thread, and it’s the 3rd time it hasn’t worked. When will they stop playing needless games with the safety of their staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Just now, Freeman said:

I see they are still turning a blind eye to Merc sending mechanics into the pitlane to bluff others. 

3rd time I’ve mentioned it in this thread, and it’s the 3rd time it hasn’t worked. When will they stop playing needless games with the safety of their staff.

lol

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Freeman said:

I thought I had replied....

Its not against the rules, the rule isn’t how you (and Ferrari twitter fans) interpret it and it was clarified many times to that effect by Charlie Whiting a few years back.

5 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I thought I had replied....

Its not against the rules, the rule isn’t how you (and Ferrari twitter fans) interpret it and it was clarified many times to that effect by Charlie Whiting a few years back.

Brundle goes on about it every race and did again today, saying you're not allowed to send mechanic's out into the pit lane with no intention to actually pit the car. 

I don't know the actual wording of the rule. What did Charlie say? 

8 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Brundle goes on about it every race and did again today, saying you're not allowed to send mechanic's out into the pit lane with no intention to actually pit the car. 

I don't know the actual wording of the rule. What did Charlie say? 

A quick google and it was actually Monza last year:

Charlie Whiting had no issues with Mercedes’ actions in the pits at Monza, saying their bluff to Ferrari is “all part of the game.”

With Lewis Hamilton chasing Kimi Raikkonen around the Monza circuit, Mercedes raised eyebrows when their pit crew made the motions for a pit stop, leaving the garage with tyres in hand, only to return to the garage.

They did it twice.

This raised questions about whether Mercedes had broken Article 28.12 of the sporting regulations which staes that “team personnel are only allowed in the pit lane immediately before they are required to work on a car and must withdraw as soon as the work is complete.”

However, FIA race director Charlie Whiting says he felt they did nothing wrong.

“My feeling is that it is all part of the game,” he said.

“We don’t like teams hanging around in the pit lane if they are not actually doing a pit stop, but if they come out as if there are going to do one … if they did it every lap I think we would have something to say.

“But they may well have been thinking about doing one and then changed their mind, so unless someone does something overtly incorrect I don’t think we will do anything about it.”