Formula One - 2019 Season

That's bad, it could be worse, such as:

"In measures to encourage cost cutting, teams will have to make both drivers share the same car for an entire Grand Prix weekend"

Make them do WEC pit stops with a mandatory driver change, the points at the end of the race are then split by the percentage of how many laps each driver did, if one of them crashes or retires, tough luck. It's upto the team's how they split each drivers stint in the car.

It's the penultimate race and I'm just ahead of my teammate in the WDC.

I'm REALLY going to look after that MGU-H. Totally dude.  Scout's honour. In no way am I going to rag the living shit out of it.

15 hours ago, wev said:

Racing Point have confirmed Perez is staying for another 3 years, isn't the team basically owned by him and Lance Strolls Dad?

He owns none of it afaik, but he does bring decent money.  He could of course take that anywhere.

8 hours ago, JPR said:

Nobody else seems to be talking about the sharing so not sure how reliable that is. Totally believable though, fits in with the talk of reverse grid qualifying races for certain tracks next season. Maybe 2020 will be the championship we all agree to forget as the FIA found so many ways to screw it up.

If they're are going to do reverse grid qualifying that may as well start doing success ballast, it's F1 the fastest driver is supposed to start from the front. If they are going to mess with qualifying I'd like to see a return one shot qualifying at some circuits like Monaco to mix things up.

You're probably right, Herbert did mention that the front left might have damaged the chassis when it snapped back. In which case a pitlane start means he'll probably finish 5th or 6th depending on safery cars and how quickly he can get past Albon.

RIP :( It's one of the quirks of an old track like Spa that you can have have a crash and if you are unfortunate to end up back on the racing line because it's a blind crest those behind you won't see you until it's too late. 

Very sad. Hubert had already hit the tyre wall really horrifically before Corea ran into him. It is being reported that Alesi lost control and Hubert got caught up in that. Corea "stable" in hospital. 

Having just been watching the coverage without knowing it does look like Alesi.

Who you have to feel for, because that might actually be a worse thing to happen to a driver than the crash itself.

But that was obviously horrific.  A car cut in half is always a horrible, horrible sign.  You know it's serious when Davide Valsecci stops sounding like his trousers are on fire.

For non-F2 watchers, Hubert was very, very good.  He was in the worst team in the series and was dragging it to some fairly incredible results.