rllmuk
kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

16 minutes ago, morcs said:

Can you see that it has hub caps at that speed?

If they're like the ones on the 2009 cars, yes

2009-Brawn.thumb.jpg.0176d5188df525d49933388471f8c4da.jpg

Redbull have an engine with more spunk than they were expecting and there's less juice in the ferrari then we all thought. 

If they had  Merc in the back of the car then the tyre thing would be a bigger issue I think. 

They've over achieved this year, next year it'll be a different press release. 

On 22/08/2019 at 15:39, wev said:

Really don't like those hub caps, hated them on the 2009 cars too

If we must have those low profile tyres at least the hubs cover the ugly wheels. I associate overly large low profile spiked wheels with the type of people that drive tuned Overfinch Range Rovers.

• Upvote 2

Indeed. He even had managed the entirely sensible thing (as it would have turned out) of turning down Ferrari in order to stay at Benetton in 1991, too. Plenty of races during 1990 he was up there or thereabouts. Hockenheim and Hungary both spring to mind. Seemed to have Piquet's measure for the most part, so you'd assume he'd have won at least one of those last two Grands Prix as well.

Of course, with Nannini and Piquet still at Benetton in 1991 then there's probably no room at the team for a certain German driver either...

• Upvote 1

It's easy to do what ifs but I think all that would have happened there is that he'd have seen out the season at Jordan and joined for 1992.

Brundle would likely have been the biggest loser there.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ryodi said:

The Spanish GP has stayed on the calendar for next year.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11795526/spanish-gp-secures-f1-stay-for-2020-with-germany-in-doubt

Shame we couldn't go back to the docks in Valencia. It'll be just as tedious as Barcelona but at least there would be a change of scenery.

Dunno, it had that one good race that time Alonso won. 

I’ve ended up working in Monaco again. Last time I followed DC through passport control and he was on my flight. Today I went for pizza and someone familiar was picking up takeaway:

FE840988-3413-44EB-BAC0-00E2F1D5BC88.thumb.jpeg.f736e27f2b6f5d1e8229b1f8d4221736.jpeg

Yesterday Felipe Massa walked straight past us. Surreal place.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, marsh said:

Shouldn't they be at Silverstone??

I suppose if you can helicopter away from Silverstone to where your private jet is parked the commute is under two hours!

Another one year contract then. Bottas is the luckiest driver on the grid to be in that seat and unless Russell replaces him for 2021 being a Mercedes young driver is a road to nowhere.

Definitely a last year thing. Ocon or Russel nailed on. 

I can see why Mercedes have kept him for the last season on these rules, nice and safe. Lewis will be happy too I reckon. 

20 hours ago, ryodi said:

Another one year contract then. Bottas is the luckiest driver on the grid to be in that seat and unless Russell replaces him for 2021 being a Mercedes young driver is a road to nowhere.

1 year means this is just to see how George does.

Ferrari strong in FP1 and Albon keeping up with Max quite well so far. It was oddly fascinating to see Stroll's side engine cover blow off, giving a rare view of the whole length of the engine. 

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Ferrari strong in FP1 and Albon keeping up with Max quite well so far. It was oddly fascinating to see Stroll's side engine cover blow off, giving a rare view of the whole length of the engine. 

Worth remembering Albon and Kyvat are the two with the fancy new engine spec.  Max's one especially is a little marginal on milage so was probably turned down even more.

• Upvote 1