rllmuk
kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

Let's not forget that the team are always blowing hot air up Hamilton's arse, Wolff coming on the radio to say "you never fail to amaze us" when there wasn't any competition is a bit :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Dudley said:

Lewis Hamilton is the luckiest motherfucker in the universe.

5 hours ago, Dudley said:

"I don't know how we did that"

Well maybe because the only 2 cars that could credibly beat you are quietly smoking in the garage?

5 hours ago, SweatyTravolta said:

It's this attitude that makes me hate him more than I probably should. See also Man City playing the underdog, no one could believe they would win the league, everyone was so sure it was Liverpool but somehow those scrappy underdogs managed it. See also the Pats in the lead up to the Superbowl, painting themselves as the team that no one had faith in but they'd show us.

Fuck all of them.

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

I think he had it pre-prepared expecting Ferrari to push them close.

But with Ferrari detonating themselves your only competition is one Red Bull - Honda on a power circuit.

There's nothing wrong with saying "We got an opportunity we didn't expect and took it"  or "Very professional job everyone, thank you".

47 minutes ago, wev said:

Let's not forget that the team are always blowing hot air up Hamilton's arse, Wolff coming on the radio to say "you never fail to amaze us" when there wasn't any competition is a bit :rolleyes:

I know you’re the anti Hamilton brigade but you do know he may not be be racing tomorrow as has been ill, Occon was lined up to step in for qualifying to the point they had the car setup ready for him.

I mean I know it gives context to his comments but don’t let that stop you ;) 

• Upvote 2

Didn't realise I was anti-Hamilton, thanks for telling me.

• Upvote 1

Me too, good to find out.

1 hour ago, wev said:

Yeah that was turbo bollocks.

21 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I know you’re the anti Hamilton brigade but you do know he may not be be racing tomorrow as has been ill, Occon was lined up to step in for qualifying to the point they had the car setup ready for him.

I mean I know it gives context to his comments but don’t let that stop you ;) 

He had a sore throat, he wasn't dying of plague.  Even Nigel "Winge about literally everything" Mansell raced while much, much more ill than that.

If you believe they seriously actually considered putting Ocon in, rather than just be ready, as they will be literally every race, I have a bridge to sell you.

16 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Me too, good to find out.

Yeah that was turbo bollocks.

He had a sore throat, he wasn't dying of plague.  Even Nigel "Winge about literally everything" Mansell raced while much, much more ill than that.

If you believe they seriously actually considered putting Ocon in, rather than just be ready, as they will be literally every race, I have a bridge to sell you.

I know when I have a ‘sore throat’ I don’t do anything that demanding so get on with it but when we have these drivers at peak fitness I’d suggest that as Hamilton was sleeping and missing engineering briefings it’s a little more than needing a pack of Tunes and some ‘u ok hun’ sympathy on Facebook but obv you know better than Hamilton and the team who have suggested otherwise in the media.

Ferrari in fucked it up shocker, anti Hamilton lot being anti Hamilton is almost as predictable!

• Downvote 1

Nah I'm not having calling out Hamilton declaring "I don't know how we did it" when the only cars he was competing with didn't actually compete in qualifying and his team mate put in a poor lap. I'm not having being called anti-Hamilton when in reality I don't like not dislike any driver over another, I'll happily take the piss out of Vettel, have criticised Verstappen and praised them equally when they've deserved it. Hamilton's record speaks for itself, the preparation he puts in both physically and mentally is astonishing and he's driving for the dominant team of the current era of the sport, so when he comes out with "I don't know how we did it" on a regular basis, when he's the guy everyone has to beat every weekend, then he can and will be called out on that, just as Vettels finger grew tiring, then to hear his team principal suck his dick over the radio, it's just cringey.

But then what the fuck am I bothering with, you do this with Spurs in the footba threads too.

15 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

Hey! We’re here too! Where are you sitting? We’re in the Sudtribune. 

We also did the same, although lasted nearly an hour into FP2. 

NO WAY. We were there too! Dammit! Would have been nice to say hello.

Here was my view:

FBB23647-06FA-4D40-BF66-280EEDDBB1FF.thumb.jpeg.eceb77be5a4d166ead3f6d64ca226926.jpeg

We were not in the shade. We did have brolleys but they can only do so much. Some people were burning like crazy. And still they sat there with no protection. Madness,

Where are you tomorrow? We were in Mercedes Tribune today and will be tomorrow for the race.

Muk representation is strong at the German GP, @McSpeed is here too!!! We got to have a nice chat before legging it for P2. 8-) You forget how big the circuits are. What looks like a 5 min walk turns out to be half an hour! 

• Upvote 1

If you zoom in a lot, you may be able to see me in that photo!

We’re in the Sudtribune again today - in the covered bit, thank goodness. 

God I hope it rains (and they let them actually race!). 

Enjoy!!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, mexos said:

Muk representation is strong at the German GP, @McSpeed is here too!!! We got to have a nice chat before legging it for P2. 8-) You forget how big the circuits are. What looks like a 5 min walk turns out to be half an hour! 

IMG_20190727_111240.thumb.jpg.b3a978547ff0cd1552256150f7788e79.jpg

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

you know better than Hamilton and the team who have suggested otherwise in the media.

You'd have a point if they didn't always do this. It's never not the hardest thing in the world even when they cruise to victory on 90% power

Just looked at the weather report.  Looks like it will be heaving during the race. Assuming there'll be one

It’s started up again in the last 10

mins. Very wet out there now. Really hope it doesn’t start under a safety car. 

All this relatively slow and largely careful driving looks really odd.

Until Perez crashed just now.