rllmuk
kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

Translation : A payment was due and it became important we don't actually sell anything.

"Poor performance",  if anyone didn't see Austria, Magnussen qualified 5th, 2 seconds ahead of the Williams cars.

• Upvote 2

Agreed, definetly smells of "they're onto us" especially with all the stuff about their logo

Amazing, I wouldn't be surprised if the court order is also in play, they have to reveal all sales and the details/money involved in the Haas sponsorship by August 1st.

Rich energy have been an interesting addition to the season, the Autosport forum thread has been diving into who they are. For a shorter summary Jalopnik did a piece on it.

Jokers. I get the feeling someone is going to see jail time. I feel sorry for Haas for all this, they don’t deserve it. If their bullshit ends up killing Haas it will be a travesty.

It won't, they didn't need the money in the first place it was just a little extra dev cash.  They apparently offered it for half what Williams did.

Hilariously, it appears the CEO did that without telling his investors, who all want the deal to continue.

• Upvote 1

New contract for Silverstone, Horner claiming Max is the best driver on the grid and Grosjean showing yet again that his continued presence is a waste of a good seat Jean Todt now wants to bring back refueling.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/12/jean-todt-return-refuelling-races-f1

The president of the FIA, Jean Todt, has said he would like to see a return of in-race refuelling to Formula One as a way to improve the sport. Speaking at Silverstone before this weekend’s British Grand Prix, Todt also insisted that there were various avenues he would like the sport to investigate to improve the show, alongside refuelling, including limiting driver aids and telemetry.

Refueling has already been proven not to improve overtaking because the drivers just sprint between pitstops so the chance to overtake in the pitlane is reduced but silly season is about to start so I expect we'll hear lot of ideas of how to improve the racing that don't include anything useful. For example removing every Tilke track from the calendar would be a good start.

Yep, and it's fucking obvious why.

You spend 2 days sorting cars into speed order.  The reason that may then change is cars change through the race, some people are going long on hard tyres, some cars work better on high fuel than low, some drivers are better at driving different conditions.

All refuelling does is mean that the cars are the exact same through the whole race, and thus almost certainly in the order you spent 2 days discovering.

Bottas on pole is a surprise but with an all Mercedes front row I expect the first into turn one will win comfortably.

Fucking hell Eddie Jordans at it again, can't they just kick him into retirement

I'd love for Lewis to beat Schumacher's record and then go "you know what? I'm gonna help Williams out for a couple of years before I retire"

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, wev said:

I'd love for Lewis to beat Schumacher's record and then go "you know what? I'm gonna help Williams out for a couple of years before I retire"

You must really want to see him get lapped. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Fucking hell, Lando's lap with Herbert :lol:

He did one with Ben Edwards too, he crashed on Herbert's didn't he? Looks like the brakes caught fire on channel 4

Tweedledee and Tweedledum gate crashing Brundle talking to Mo Farah :lol:

Liberty Media love the crowd shots. It reminds me of the BBC always cutting to celebs in the crowd at Wimbledon whenever they can even when that isn’t what people are watching for.