rllmuk
kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

I'm not that keen on the Mclaren, I think they spent all their time designing their race suits

Did Alfa change their minds about their launch date? It's not the 18th

4 minutes ago, wev said:

Did Alfa change their minds about their launch date? It's not the 18th

Maybe the shots are spy shots... ?

Their twitter is teasing pics not showing the full car. 

@mexos I was thinking that, but does seem a bit daft to give a launch date, then do a shakedown session before that launch date where images of your car will get out.

I mean, they won't keep it, the hearts on the teaser images suggest it's a temp thing to tie it into Valentine's Day, but I actually like that it's different.

1 hour ago, morcs said:

Yeah I really like how everything seems to lean up and to the left from that angle, looks great.

I hope it goes as well as it looks.

It would be nice to see Mclaren back as a front running team again, and give Lando Norris a chance to show what he is capable off.  I can see him producing the odd Podium or two this season, if the car is at least on par with the Red Bull.

6 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Actually, talking of cars with noses they didn't normally run... McLaren and Senna tested this at Monza around the time of the 1990 Italian Grand Prix:

Ba_QQQhIIAEG_jb.jpg:large

State of the end plates on that. 

7 hours ago, mexos said:

Yep. I expect them to stamp on this in the coming years.

And it was Footwork Arrows so we were both right and wrong :P

As I recall it was a "Force India Racing Point" of a situation, Footwork had sold the team back to the original owners but they couldn't fully change the name on the entry yet.

So technically Arrows is really the correct answer.

13 hours ago, Dudley said:

As I recall it was a "Force India Racing Point" of a situation, Footwork had sold the team back to the original owners but they couldn't fully change the name on the entry yet.

So technically Arrows is really the correct answer.

Dudley is the best!  

Marsh right now:

tumblr_nah0hyc5VC1t4ordbo2_250.gif

• Upvote 3

Red and black but no gold wheels :(

So just Alfa to go, don't balls it up guys, there's been no repeated (main) colour so far. It's like an early 90s grid!

Calling it now, it's the best looking grid in years. Of course there is always one that lets the side down.

WILLIAMS I AM LOOKING AT YOU.

• Upvote 2

Is Lenovo really a sponsor of theirs? I mean my work laptop is a Lenovo and it's an absolute pile of shit.

There's a lot of not fag money branding on that car, ban hammer at the ready.....

2 hours ago, mexos said:

Dudley is the best!  

Marsh right now:

tumblr_nah0hyc5VC1t4ordbo2_250.gif

Congrats.

Have a Lola BMS Scuderia Italia livery as a prize:

5004268715_558e4792aa_z.jpg

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, mexos said:

Calling it now, it's the best looking grid in years. Of course there is always one that lets the side down.

WILLIAMS I AM LOOKING AT YOU.

The Williams looks a lot better in the renders they've released of the actual 2019 car rather than the 2018 one with a new front wing.

image.png.34a45112c61662cb9fa585604e88f916.png

Still not great I grant you but better than in the dingy shed they showed the livery off in first.

On 15/02/2019 at 12:53, marsh said:

Congrats.

Have a Lola BMS Scuderia Italia livery as a prize:

5004268715_558e4792aa_z.jpg

Ah :sherlock: , now that is a quality example of a terrible F1 car. Apparently at the German Grand Prix Michele Alboreto got so irked at it during practice that he came into the pits, got out of the car and asked the lead designer to take a stroll with him. He proceeded to take him to the Williams garage, point at the car and say ‘Look! That is what a Formula One car is supposed to look like!’.

Around the same time, the FIA made a somewhat hamfisted attempt at banning driving aids from F1 mid season. That Lola was announced as the only legal car, not because they’d removed all the gizmos they had on it, but because it had none of them to begin with.

@carred - yup, looks like it is. They’ve found a loophole that the legal dimensions of the front wing only apply to the mainplane the endplates. The additional planes seem to be able to be whatever, so looks like they are trying to wash most of that air inside the front wheels. Not sure if it’ll work, but you can bet that all the other teams will be studying it carefully at Barcelona next week :)

• Upvote 4

The Williams documentary was just on bbc2. I can't but help feel that they need an almighty kick up the arse, and I'd start by sorting out the warring factions that are Claire and her older brother! :quote:

9 hours ago, marsh said:

The Williams documentary was just on bbc2. I can't but help feel that they need an almighty kick up the arse, and I'd start by sorting out the warring factions that are Claire and her older brother! :quote:

I watched it when it first came out and that was exactly what I thought too, I also though that Frank came across as a bit of a dick in regards to his family, seemed like he cared more about his racing team than his kids :(