rllmuk
kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

2 hours ago, McCoy said:

Poor Ferrari. If Vettel didn't fold like a wet paper towel at any hint of pressure they might actually be able to celebrate a proper win, not a make believe one. 

They need Max. :coffee:

Controversial, borderline stupid option incoming. I don't think Leclerc will work out to be 'The One'. :blah: I think he will stick around but I don't see him working out as a team leader. 

Max is in danger of pissing away his mid-twenties in a car that can win only on certain tracks or when the shit hits the fan for another 4 drivers in front of him. He's already thinking it I am sure. He'll be looking at Lewis extending all the records he's supposed to be breaking in the near future.

Lewis is going to win this year. He'll stick around at least to have a sniff at championship 7 and if he dominates to win it going for 8 will be irresistible. I did wonder if he would end up in red but I don't see it now. All the records of note are within reach now. It would make no sense to jump from the winning car.

Bottas is now doing enough to keep his seat. Merc lock-in for the foreseeable future. So Max's only option will be Ferrari.

I am also getting (not because of this weekend) retirement vibes from Seb. He could very well do a Rosberg this year or next and force Ferrari into action.

Max and Lec, teammates in red soon, two years tops. :blah:

Sidequest: Once Max goes red Danny teams up with Alex and RB is fun again.

• Upvote 3

The Vettel retirement rumours have been rumbling for a month or so now, his "this isn't the sport I fell in love with" comment on Sunday shows a man who's not at all happy any more

2021 is when all the contracts expire isn't it. Max is only 21 so I imagine if Red Bull are still nowhere at the point he'll move on, Red Bull might do the same because they like their brand to be only attached to winners at which point RB will become a Honda works team. I can't see Vettel retiring before then, why would he want to when the lasting memory everyone will have of him is repeatedly cracking under pressure from Hamilton. Unless Mercedes really drop off or Bottas finds he mojo again he should claim all of Schumacher's records in the next two years and might even take the most wins in a season (13) and wins in a row (9) both of which Vettel currently holds. 

I'm pretty sure you're right Mexos, Vettel has been a spent force for years now. He's not going to win a championship with another team like Mickey did and there's just no point to him being there. Leclerc Will get better and its just a matter of time before he is day facto number one because the team will give up with Vettel. He's failed to deliver. 

It's not a good look all this whining and appealing.  It was a small incident which could have probably gone either way.  Yes, the consequence of that penalty was big but the actual incident and the actual 5 second penalty were both small. 

If you start the ball rolling with appealing any tiny decision made it would be chaos.  Plus, is it even fair to appeal in race decisions after the race.  The fact is that as a result of that penalty it probably changed the strategy of Hamilton and Mercedes. Bit unfair to revoke it but then they would end up not being able to change the strategy they employed as a result of it. 

tbh I think I dislike time penalties for the reason that they have such a random effect, sometimes 5s is a lifetime in F1, sometimes it is totally nothing.

I am not sure what I think would be better, mucking around with points can have the same random effect and they cannot really make decisions quickly enough to (eg in this example) force Seb to give up the place...

Maybe 4 laps with no electro boost or something subtle like that?

Yeah, maybe a points loss.  Like a 1 point loss for the smallest offence and upwards from there.  Wouldn't really modify the on track action much.  Add the point to the car deemed to be affected by the incident, assuming the offending car finishes in the points. In this case, Vettel would have lost a point and Hamilton gained a point although Hamilton would still be motivated to for the win as well. Maybe the penalty only applies in the end if the 'victim' car finishes behind the offending car.