kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

Are they still allowed to unlap themselves under the safety car? Because that makes it look like they couldn't even manage that

Can the same court rule against them using that rather offensive typeface as well pls.

You can afford to sponsor an F1 team. Hire a designer ffs.

1 hour ago, ryodi said:
An expensive ruling, not that anyone has seen a can of Rich Energy in the wild anyway.

From the full judgement :lol:

‘He had a tendency to make impressive statements, which on further investigation or consideration were not quite what they seemed. For example, when Mr Wyand in cross-examination tried to understand his evidence about the sales figures of Rich Energy drinks, and put to him that he had been quoted in the press in February 2019 as saying that the First Defendant had produced 90 million cans, Mr Storey explained that it had produced 90 million cans, but had not yet filled and sold them. He said he would have to check the figures, but in 2018 he thought the First Defendant had filled and sold “circa 3 million cans” of Rich Energy drink.’

• Upvote 1

I don't understand what the point of Rich Energy is other than getting their CEO and his titanic ego onto TV and presumably into the F1 pits occasionally.

Oh right I just answered my own question.

From the judge:

“Mr Storey provided different and inconsistent accounts of the development of D1’s Device, which also conflicted to a large extent with the evidence of Mr Kelly.”

“He often did not answer questions directly, preferring to make speeches about his vision for his business or alternatively seeking to evade questions by speaking in generalities or in the third person plural. He only answered several questions when I intervened.”

“He had a tendency to make impressive statements, which on further investigation or consideration were not quite what they seemed.”

Wealthy arseholes who have never been called out on their shit.

Reeks of Andrea Moda......except they don't own jack shit of the team or their rip off logo....

Seems Williams did well to avoid the deal?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, bearing in mind Williams wouldn't have Rokit in that scenario this could have taken them down.

Whereas Gene will shrug and say "Well it was worth a punt".

And Guenther will just say "I couldn't fucking care, Romain will fucking crash it regardless of what's fucking painted on it"

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Indeed, seems far too young and you have to wonder if those horrific injuries did shorten his life expectancy :( 

Such an amazing man, most people would have been held back by his injuries but not Niki. A genuine hero.

• Upvote 2

After everything , Hunt only managed to beat him by a half point.

And only because at Fuji the heavens opened and Lauda came in after 2 laps of the race and said his life was worth more than a stupid race. 

He was great man

1 hour ago, Sidewaysbob said:

After everything , Hunt only managed to beat him by a half point.

And only because at Fuji the heavens opened and Lauda came in after 2 laps of the race and said his life was worth more than a stupid race. 

He was great man

Wrong championship, it was Prost/Lauda in 1984 that was settled by half a point, in Lauda's favour.

• Upvote 1

There’s a wonderful story about Lauda that says he was one day found watching some touring car race at the Nürburgring at the same place he’d crashed. When he was asked what he was doing, he said ‘What do you think I am doing? I’m here trying to find my fucking ear’.

It may or may not be true, but the fact he was enough of a character to make it very possible that it actually happened says a lot about him as a person. He will be missed.

• Upvote 1

oh yeah in worrying parallels, Hunt almost lost the championship because McLaren were absolutely useless. Hunt was having the season of his life and i think he would have won the championship regardless. But Niki made him work for it.