rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Benny

Rllmuk Game of the Year 2019 predictions

44 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Judging by the poor taste of this forums winner in 2018 it can only be some storey based game that looks amazing  but plays with crap controls and decades old mechanics - is TLOU2 out this year?

The Last of Us had vastly superior and more fluid controls than RDR2 though.

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Judging by the poor taste of this forums winner in 2018 it can only be some storey based game that looks amazing  but plays with crap controls and decades old mechanics - is TLOU2 out this year?

Tiered games are the future. Deal with it. ;)

• Upvote 5

On 10/02/2019 at 14:50, Benny said:

Now we have the definitive list, what's your predictions for 2019?

My money is on Cyberpunk 2077 just sneaking in by Christmas to win the 2019 awards and be hailed as the best game ever made. Half the forum will hate it for being too hard to control or FPS-y or keep telling everyone that cyberpunk sucks now as a genre.

Should we tell him?

• Upvote 1

On 10/02/2019 at 17:19, Wiper said:

My primary prediction is that Ace Combat 7 and Wargroove will both be robbed.

Fuckin' knew it.

On 10/02/2019 at 14:50, Benny said:

Everyone will have forgotten about the Resident Evil 2 remake.

Well that's X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA egg on my face.

Hah, this will be something. Can we do this again?

- RDR2 will end up on the top lists again (Including my own), because I'm pretty sure that a PC version will be released precisely after the fiscal year has ended for Take 2, and will blow everyone's balls off simply because it will tax graphics cards up until next gen and let people run a mod that makes the controls less shit.

I didn't buy it on PC, because it took right until the end of the bloody year for it to turn up on Steam and then nobody could be bothered because of cynical storefront bollocks - same money grubbing ploy, different method. It did blow everyone's balls off until they realised that Max settings really was Maximum for this generation's computers and everyone fucking whined about it. Mods are appearing, but slowly because of the game taking fucking forever to show up.

- Things I'm certain I will enjoy as long as they're out this year: Metal Wolf Chaos XD, The Division 2, Doom Eternal, The Outer Worlds

Metal Wolf Chaos is... well, Metal Wolf Chaos. The Division 2 was great, but was boring as shit post-game. Doom Eternal Didn't come out, and The Outer Worlds was also great. I wasn't expecting a Goose.

- Things that I'm hopeful for: Rage 2, Left Alive, Sea of Solitude, Skull & Bones, Daemon X Machina

Skull and Bones got delayed, and... everything else was critically received as mediocre or just straight up bad.

- IF Dying Light 2 or Cyberpunk is out this year, they will probably break the awards. They're probably not, though.

GOTTEM
 - Both are 2020.

- Path of Exile and/or Warframe will show up in my voting at some point because they're both expected to drop massive amounts of content. As usual.

I didn't play any Warframe this year, although that's from Melee 2.0 being badly received, and Railjack taking forever. Path of Exile is good, but honestly I couldn't vote for it in good faith. 

- The 'Biggest Disappointment Award' for myself will likely be along the lines of 'Bungie releasing drip-fed shit for the rest of Destiny Year 2/3 while they sign up to Tencent for another cash injection'

GOTTEM
 - Parts of the seasons were okay, but most of either RLLMUK groups on PC have dissolved from how strung out the game has begun. The cash injection came from Steam, however!

On 11/02/2019 at 01:47, Darwock said:

Ace Combat 7. By the end of the year I will probably have forgotten this was a January release.

It turns out that AC7 kept me occupied for the entire year - I just got the platinum trophy on 1/1/2020 (and I haven't unlocked all the in-game medals and emblems yet). So I was wrong there. Good thing too, as iI t also remained the only game from 2019 that I bought in 2019.

• Upvote 1

On 10/02/2019 at 15:52, footle said:

Hardly. They're seriously starting to leverage cross platform.

What should be game of the year 2019: Slay the Spire.

But, since the forum has impeccably bad taste and a From Software fetish - it'll be Sekiro. Failing that, since we Hate Games and want Interactive Movies, TLOU2.

called it in february after my addiction started with the official pc release in January, except I didn’t actually believe that enough people would have played it by year end...