mushashi

Major new online game coming this year from Nintendo.

2 hours ago, probotector said:

I’m not saying Nintendo games are for kiddies, because I love them. But Kirby platformers are pretty kiddie, no challenge,

Have you 100%ed them? The challenge is in doing that, not getting to the end.

little innovation since even the NES original which was a pretty good game in its time and plays as well as the Switch game.

The original Kirby game was on the Game Boy. Kirby didn’t even have the ability to replicate powers back then.

So how far has Kirby come in 30 years? Not far.

Just because the newer games are similar, in terms of gameplay, doesn’t mean they’re not worthwhile.

obviouslly the character has been tagged onto a lot of other shovelware games over the years to help them sell better, apart from the legendary Kirby Pinball that is overdue a sequel...

Shovelware? Lol

• Upvote 5

Ironically (that word again) the closest game to Kirby Star Allies in terms of the floaty feel and the chaos of the combat, is Smash Bros, they share quite a bit in common. Star Allies is an awesome game, in co-op it's exceptional, whatever your age, and as @deKay says, there is challenge in properly completing all levels, and the game gives you plenty of incentives to do so.

Just now, Professor Puzzles said:

What if it's a Xenoblade?

Online Xenoblade? Could work, yeah. 

What it should be, and I think we will all agree, is a new Phantasy Star Online.

• Upvote 2

If they thought it was worth mentioning specifically, I'd hope it was something new they thought could hit the bigtime, so an actual internal EPD project, the last two major new attempts at multiplayer online games from EPD being ARMS and Splatoon.

They name checked SSBU and Splatoon as the only major games to get people to pay for NSO so far, with a problem being a recent trend for customers to not want to fork out for yearly plans, but instead opting for shorter ones, which would indicate the other benefits of NSO aren't considered much cop by the majority of customers.

Can see this being Animal Crossing in their eyes. Big seller, one of their most accomplished online-centric games from the Wii and 3DS era and one of the few franchises where Nintendo actually embraced the positives of online play early. 

3 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Can see this being Animal Crossing in their eyes. Big seller, one of their most accomplished online-centric games from the Wii and 3DS era and one of the few franchises where Nintendo actually embraced the positives of online play early. 

It's already been announced though. I'd say something like Mario Maker would cover the online thing, but it's not exactly online besides posting levels etc.

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is trying to do some kind of Battle Royale game or something along those lines.

An online Papers Please take on Dr. Mario in which the world-famous unlicensed doctor sells dubious prescription medicine through his website. "It's-a almost like-a oxycodone!"

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

If it’s animal crossing, I’m gonna be pissed off.

30 player fzero is the only option.

27 minutes ago, probotector said:

If it’s animal crossing, I’m gonna be pissed off.

30 player fzero is the only option.

I wouldn't say that is "major".

Major i would class as either something Pokemon, Zelda or mario related that perhaps is specifically tailored to a multiplayer experience only (something MMO?). 

My money is on Mario Maker Switch. I don't know that you'd necessarily describe a racing game (like Star Fox GP) as an "online title" first and foremost, assuming it is structured like a Mario Kart game. But Mario Maker fits the bill as an "online title" rather than a "multiplayer title".

Or it's time they ditch Mario Kart + guest character DLC and just commit to Super Smash Kart.

Edit - Actually I guess there was a bit more nuance than that in the quotation but I still don't think it's how you'd hint at a racing game.

55 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

I wouldn't say that is "major".

Major i would class as either something Pokemon, Zelda or mario related that perhaps is specifically tailored to a multiplayer experience only (something MMO?). 

Reggie once tried to pass off Wii animal crossing as their major core gamer offering for Christmas 2008

34 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

I can't see it being Mario Maker so soon after NSMBU. I'm hoping it's something new. 

NSMBU was just a quickie port, Mario maker has been rumoured for a while but I think they will be looking to release another competitive multiplayer game.

So probably Mario party

1 hour ago, El Stevo said:

My money is on Mario Maker Switch. I don't know that you'd necessarily describe a racing game (like Star Fox GP) as an "online title" first and foremost, assuming it is structured like a Mario Kart game. But Mario Maker fits the bill as an "online title" rather than a "multiplayer title".

Or it's time they ditch Mario Kart + guest character DLC and just commit to Super Smash Kart.

Edit - Actually I guess there was a bit more nuance than that in the quotation but I still don't think it's how you'd hint at a racing game.

Yeah I totally think it's time to move on from the Mario universe and move onto Nintendo Kart in general. Super Smash Kart or Mario Kart Ultimate ( The "Mario Kart" name is probably too big too drop completely). Having Link & Hyrule, F Zero, AC as DLC in MK8 dx was hopefully a test into this area.

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

I can't see it being Mario Maker so soon after NSMBU. I'm hoping it's something new. 

Honestly wouldn't be surprised for SMM this year but i would expect more like the originals release - september time. Of course... it might be some kind of Nintendo Maker - Could feature Mario, Kirby, Metroid etc

43 minutes ago, probotector said:

Reggie once tried to pass off Wii animal crossing as their major core gamer offering for Christmas 2008

AC covers the online aspect, well only if it was more MMO like - however again, Nintendo have said it's an unannounced title.

51 minutes ago, probotector said:

Back on the Wii it was for "core" gamers. Back then, FIFA/CoD/etc. players were casual gamers, and Wii Fit/Animal Crossing/Brain Training were Nintendo core gamers.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

Rebranded as Mii Sports because they're done with the Wii brand.

They’re pretty much done with Miis too.

On 10/02/2019 at 14:39, Professor Puzzles said:

What if it's a Xenoblade?

That would be bloody brilliant. XenoChron 1&2 already play like MMOs, and the UI is already an obfuscated mess, so it'd be perfect.

• Upvote 1