mushashi

Major new online game coming this year from Nintendo.

6 minutes ago, probotector said:

I hate the Kirbyification of Nintendo.

He's been around for 27 years, I don't think he's any real threat to Mario.

You're wrong.

Just look at the NSMB series, likewise the new Yoshi.

His stench of extremely simple, boring, derivitive, soulless platform adventuring with little between games is all over those games.

Yoshi especially is suffering greatly, so much so that they're both starring in clothing inspired games.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

36 minutes ago, probotector said:

You're wrong.

His stench of extremely simple, boring, derivitive, soulless platform adventuring with little between games is all over those games.

Yoshi especially is suffering greatly, so much so that they're both starring in clothing inspired games.

NSMB is nothing like Kirby, have you ever played a Kirby game?

• Upvote 2

Kirby itself has spun off into so many different games that it’s hard to cite a lack of diversity - look at Air Ride, Canvas Curse, Mass Attack... even things like Amazing Mirror that add a branching structure to the platformer format. The classic platformers gave way to diversity after the Dreamlands, and Super Star basically acted as a catalyst for all of these other genre experiments. :) 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, probotector said:

You're wrong.

You do talk industrial levels of horseshit at times. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, probotector said:

So many negs!

Is it wrong to demand 90s quality from Nintendo instead 00s mediocrity?

Demand whatever you like dude, I thought you liked the Switch though? IMO they're delivering material that's up there with their best ever. 

I do like the Switch but they can do better.

So far, their efforts apart from Smash have been low effort.

I'm hoping once they offload the 3DS, they'll get better but they are clearly halfassing it right now. 2020 will be a good year hopefully. 

Ironically it’s not! Smash is complex and has depth like the Nintendo games of old.

Something like Kirbys woolley world and Yoshis epic yarn are nothing of the sort. Having said that, my 5yr old nephew loves Kirby on switch so all you grown ups need to look yourselves in the mirror.

7 hours ago, probotector said:

Something like Kirbys woolley world and Yoshis epic yarn are nothing of the sort. Having said that, my 5yr old nephew loves Kirby on switch so all you grown ups need to look yourselves in the mirror.

Uh-oh, what else has he been playing? I need to make sure I've only been buying grown up games...

• Upvote 2

Must admit, I was having a great time this morning playing Captain Toad on the Switch until I looked in the mirror. :(

• Upvote 3

Imagine noticing that Nintendo games don't give you the same feelings as a cynical, jaded 40 year-old as they did when you were 10 and subsequently arriving at the conclusion that the problem must be the games.

• Upvote 8

18 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Must admit, I was having a great time this morning playing Captain Toad on the Switch until I looked in the mirror. :(

Christ, you're a grown man. Cut that shit out and play a real game.

• Upvote 1

I’m not saying Nintendo games are for kiddies, because I love them. But Kirby platformers are pretty kiddie, no challenge, little innovation since even the NES original which was a pretty good game in its time and plays as well as the Switch game.

So how far has Kirby come in 30 years? Not far.

obviouslly the character has been tagged onto a lot of other shovelware games over the years to help them sell better, apart from the legendary Kirby Pinball that is overdue a sequel...