mushashi

Major new online game coming this year from Nintendo.

This was mentioned in their recent Q&A, a new Nintendo online focused game is in development which they think will be big enough to get people to subscribe to NSO:

In addition to the titles we have already announced for scheduled release in 2019, we're also
preparing for releasing software titles which would delight consumers including one that is good
fit for Nintendo Switch Online.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It's not a known game, and their last successful online game was Splatoon, just found it curious they dropped it so casually into an answer. They used to hate online games and now are actively making them to push an online subscription service.

19 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Smash Bros already been there.

That would be more like Nintendo Vs Capcom. I want a Capcom versus fighter in Capcom's style.

Just now, joffocakes said:

That would be more like Nintendo Vs Capcom. I want a Capcom versus fighter in Capcom's style.

I'm not sure that would suit Nintendo's pick up and play ethic, I'm not against it although it might end up just being a load of Fire Emblem characters, again a bit like Smash.

I'm looking forward to finding out what it is, online games tend to be shooters, fighters and racers - so one of them (Star Fox GP?) or something completely different? 

It'll just be Animal Crossing's online features, which won't be that much more than what the 3DS version did.

1 minute ago, NEG said:

It'll just be Animal Crossing's online features, which won't be that much more than what the 3DS version did.

:quote:

23 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Splatoon: Splattle Royale. 

Bring it on.

(I was wondering if they would do something like this; would be perfect).