rllmuk
Professor Puzzles

One Cut of the Dead

I really liked it as well.

Spoiler

There were a couple of points in the first 40 minutes or so when I was going to bail but I'm glad I stuck with it. Because after the reveal it got really good - the last bit when they're up on the roof having to fake the crane-cam shot had me laughing and clapping like a fool.

• Upvote 3

This was absolutely glorious. Completely agree with every word of @Professor Puzzles 

It started off cheesily enjoyable, shifted into something quite wonderful, before changing into top gear for one of the best final thirds I can remember.

Bloody marvellous.

Pom!

• Upvote 5

Just finished watching this. Blew me away. Go in knowing nothing. Do not stop watching no matter what you think. 

Some of the payoffs in this had me laughing so bloody hard and the film has so much heart. 

• Upvote 6

Watched this last night, such a great film. I love how the

Spoiler

mishaps and hurdles are all gradually revealed.

Brilliant. 

• Upvote 3

This is absolutely fucking fantastic. Everyone should watch it. Don't read anything about it beforehand, seriously.

• Upvote 2

Pos'd everyone because this film is just so good. Best film of...2017? Anyway, just fucking watch it fools!

• Upvote 1

Yeah one of the very best films of recent years. I went to the Q&A with "pom!!" lady at the Prince Charles on Friday which was a) a total cringefest thanks to the interviewer asking her to demonstrate her self-defence technique after clearly not bothering to even watch the film as he stood there expecting her to attack him in some way. Painful. b) midly annoying thanks to the exaggerated "HA HA HA! HA HA !" waaay OTT laughing from some of the audience during the first part of the film. You know, to let us all know they'd seen it before.

Got my BR signed though and also managed a terrible selfie.

*cough* anyway. Yes, an absolute joy of a film.

• Upvote 3

EDIT: If you’re reading through the thread and haven’t seen it. Stop right here and go watch it. There’s too much info in posts below.

Just watched it on Prime. Firstly, thank you all for this thread, would likely have missed it completely if I hadn’t read your recommendations.

Just to say, yes it is utterly brilliant. Loved it. If you haven’t seen it, avoid reading anything about it. Go and watch it now. It’s genuinely special.

• Upvote 3

I have a very strict criteria for any film I rate higher than 4 stars on Letterboxed: they cannot be merely excellent, they also have to make me either shed real tears of joy or man feels, or do a proper belly laugh. I think this film achieved all three.

• Upvote 3

On 15/07/2019 at 10:19, Talvalin said:

Pom'd everyone because this film is just so good. Best film of...2017? Anyway, just fucking watch it fools!

Fixed that for you 

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

My god that was a film of three halfs!

First 30 minutes: OK, schlocky horror, a bit boring

Second 30 minutes: OK.... this is good fun and mildly amusing, ill stick with it

Third 30 minutes: Wait, what??!? Wow, wow, wow! Absolutely fantastic! 

I finished watching it about five minutes ago and still cant take the grin off my face :lol:

What a beautiful, amazing piece of cinema. The best £1 I have spent in years. Thank God I chanced upon this thread!

Edited by Silent Runner
Added spoiler tag.
  • Upvote 6

Put that in spoilers!

Even the expectation of three parts (even though you've not explicitly worded it like that) is too much info

• Upvote 3

Finally got around to watching this tonight. What an absolute joy. I really did wonder where the hell it was going at first, but it’s just so clever. 

@kempstar you should definitely spoiler the stuff in your post. If I’d read that before I watched it I’d have been annoyed.