Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

T Pot

24 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I dunno iv evolved to use about 6 hours sleep over the years 

I now only need 5-6 hours of sleep, provided I go to bed at 10.30. If I go to bed at 11 or later I need about 15 hours + amphetamines.

Don't know why @Broker isn't sending me invites if he keeps seeing me online, fucking dick

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

I dunno iv evolved to use about 6 hours sleep over the years 

I sleep 4-6 hours most nights then loads at the weekend. I’ve tried in vain to fix my sleeping pattern but I think I’ve fucked it after too many years.

56 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I now only need 5-6 hours of sleep, provided I go to bed at 10.30. If I go to bed at 11 or later I need about 15 hours + amphetamines.

Don't know why @Broker isn't sending me invites if he keeps seeing me online, fucking dick

I have sent you a few invites! I think you generally go offline about the time I come on.

52 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Oh he is. The boy is a complete penis.

Love you too mate! Hope you’re doing ok :) 

On 15/05/2021 at 09:05, carlospie said:

Got abunker key last night and got well excited. Then got executed by a team of three pros, never to see what was in it!

Usually some purple or gold armor or knockdown shields or mags

One thing I find baffling about ranked is why people are choosing it. There’s a whole other queue there if what you want to drop near the start of the flight path, hope you get a spitfire then die like a moron. Now I’m in Silver it’s costing me 12RP per game to get paired up with randoms who seem to have no interest in playing ranked. Why not just play pubs? I get that they think they’re amazing predator level players who will kill everyone but they rarely are.

The game is full of dicks. I was on arena last night and we had a team of two. Our random valk just flew each round and nicked every item from the crate leaving me none.

When I messaged asking why they took them all they just replied if you don't like it, buy your own.

Dick. We still won though .

It’s so frustrating playing a mode that rewards points for certain actions and having some idiot tell you you’re shit for trying to play in the way that awards those points instead of doing things that will lose them.

1 minute ago, carlospie said:

You know the worst thing. The constant idiots who run off alone, die, then spam the map infinitely. Why is there no cap on spams you can do. 

You can mute their pings from the menu, but it takes seconds you could be doing something useful with instead.

Only time I ever spammed in the past was if someone was reviving - and now there's voice lines for that, so I don't have to.

7 hours ago, Broker said:

One thing I find baffling about ranked is why people are choosing it. There’s a whole other queue there if what you want to drop near the start of the flight path, hope you get a spitfire then die like a moron. Now I’m in Silver it’s costing me 12RP per game to get paired up with randoms who seem to have no interest in playing ranked. Why not just play pubs? I get that they think they’re amazing predator level players who will kill everyone but they rarely are.

if my teammates are idiots I just eat and sneak to the final circle for the RP tbh

7 hours ago, Broker said:

I had a really nice experience playing ranked for the first time at the end of last season, but it’s been a bit torturous today. I’m level 150 with a couple thousand games, currently blasting through silver, and I’m getting frequently thrown in with a lvl 12 bronze duo who can’t do 20 damage between them and die immediately. It’s then a case of me ratting into positive RP. I’m trying to focus on improving myself and being pleasant, but within minutes every game hits a turning point where my team finally stop looting and push a disadvantageous fight (usually between two squads) and die.

Like the guy above says, you can drop solo and AFK in a bush quite successfully.

I've not even installed it on my PS5 I hung up my chops after 2 years of near constant play because I found the game just became too toxic and I didn't find it enjoyable anymore, plus I was totally addicted. Nice to see all the enthusiasm in here though.

New store items:

Mirage Edition

7DAD20FA-5C2F-4C40-944D-31E15F9B5FA8.thumb.jpeg.425189191cb7df0624dce5c191580e52.jpeg

Legendary "Show Stopper" Mirage skin

Legendary "Mantlepiece" Volt SMG skin

Exclusive "Boots 'N All" gun charm

Exclusive "Holo Star" badge

1,000 Apex Coins

£19.99 (£17.99 with EA Play)

ALGS Skins

7949CC23-EAF6-4438-9FA5-05CC4DA50ECD.thumb.jpeg.2cda809172ef502dd64adad2e9d852ab.jpeg

F0FC6DA1-8304-4854-BE01-2191555D4014.thumb.jpeg.591336a293b2362d3bc8df265d2861f8.jpeg

DC305DC1-0737-4E4C-905A-BABA9E0DB854.thumb.jpeg.ef805edda9bd7cf46104d71a9b1a771b.jpeg

2220402A-5D96-4D7D-91FE-20A165F221EA.thumb.jpeg.65bfea914ce5550935ba93514855dc4c.jpeg

2500 coins each with a banner frame and a weapon charm or 9000 for all four.

Updates

Wattson fences fixed, new Arena map (thermal station) replacing Artillery in the rotation, treasure packs added to Arena mode.

I love that Octane cheetah skin. They’re well expensive though. 

Next week there’s another flash event for arenas, starting on the 25th, with these rewards:

9D371C51-81ED-4C59-A4CF-D5718CEDC18D.thumb.jpeg.3e5d804195d98ff49e3a2f5e8b0e14b6.jpeg

E69E1330-0EAB-4D9B-B2A4-87CBF4F45ACB.thumb.jpeg.a8ab492c33c590e9220157851e7b838a.jpeg

0F646409-AD1C-4475-B54B-FDDAC4861725.thumb.jpeg.170cdf347963fff5f1b697fa754f2618.jpeg

Still plugging away at ranked, I think I’m gold 4 now. No sign of progress slowing down or figuring out what my actual skill level is, but it’s a complete wasteland for decent squadmates. Virtually all of my games consist of me doing 10x more damage than my squadmates combined and surviving 10x longer as they blunder between two or three squads in the first minute and then disconnect. Or I res them and they die instantly again. I’m having to tell them to pick up bags, stop looting in the middle of a firefight, introduce the concept of high ground, you name it. I’m quite chatty on voice and try not to be a dick and people generally respond quite well. I’m starting to notice this crappiness is true of many of my opponents as well though. Today I ran into a room and kicked an entire squad to death, two of them had pistols but they couldn’t cope with the aggression of someone who jump kicked consistently without missing. I’m not very good at all in the grand scheme of things but damn there are some rotten players out there. Still, I don’t mind too much if they’re not being obnoxious or toxic. I’m focusing on self improvement and positive RP gains. I guess wherever I end up, it’s only a case of clawing my way back 1.5 ranks after each split? 

Good evening, I got three wins.

One with Lifeline where I killed the last person with my finisher:

742356C2-8ADA-4646-B70F-75BB19C3E9F2.thumb.png.25a08e6f398be23fc3c65cd1512c6cc9.png

One with Loba where I got 7 kills all with the RE45:

A16EC8C4-339A-4C3A-B0B7-7A4CBDC1D4C9.thumb.png.9dcebcb65265ee777b3ac2aca4f781dd.png

But this is probably my greatest achievement so far:

102AA957-56BC-448D-A930-DA3020CEEF27.thumb.png.87a999ee5bf53b25310abc6d95892600.png

I had one similar to the third back in season 2. Our squad failed to find anyone the entire match, went to the center of the second to final ring and watched four teams die in the zone.

In the kill feed at least. Never did find where they were at, though we at least heard some gunfire after 16 minutes or so.

I landed off the flight path because it didn’t give me a team, the first circle was literally as far away as it could be, spent the whole game jogging into the zone, then just won without ever seeing anyone or hearing a gunshot :lol:

Any time a teammate moans at you for ratting just show them that clip! 

Unfortunately in battle royales the concept of the rat is an emergent by-product of the competitive scene, and I don't really know how they can solve it. It sucks because its usually very boring to play as a rat (albeit it can be tense) and for teammates or spectators it is an even worse timesink. But because placement = points no matter how many are alive on the team it is a viable strategy. I imagine in games like pubg ratting is less of an issue, because in those games a solo player has a better chance of taking out another squad due to the fast time-to-kill and lethal scoped weaponry. And stealth can actually get you free kills. But with Apex's longer time-to-kill, fast healing and the speed of character movement it is very hard to win against full squads which only incentivises hiding until the final fight of the game if you are solo.

Problem is I can't think of any easy fixes. You don't want to punish the lone survivor of a squad just because their buddies died, but in a way forcing them to play in such a passive style is a punishment in itself if you ignore the points gains. Likewise if you remove the incentive of big points for a solo player surviving, the likely player behaviour will be to kamikaze themselves at the next squad they find in the hopes of getting kill points and escaping rat purgatory with a glorious death. Maybe there is no solution because so far I've not seen any battle royale come up with an answer, or people are content with the ratting aspect of BRs.

I'm having a break from Apex (although I might be tempted back to Arenas for those alluring flash event skins). However I hopefully have a PS5 arriving soon and for damn sure I'll be booting up Apex on that to see how it performs.