Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

T Pot

I like this season - arenas feels really pure in that you get to properly test which weapons are best (the RE45 is so good I've starting using it in ranked). People quitting after 1/2 rounds drives me nuts though, the community in this is obnoxious (loads of hot-droppers who drop solo, die in 30 seconds and then quit even if you're in banner range)

I also like world's edge - but there are definitely areas where it's chaos a lot of the time and you just constantly get third-partied or blindsided (sorting factory, fragments, used to be trainyard) so if you drop at lava city/lava fissure/skyhook it's normally manageable

Had a fun game today where we were going nicely and then the others insisted on running into fragment and 2 of us got killed (me included), with about 8 squads left, but our mirage picked up both banners, made the final circle, found a mobile respawn beacon in a box and we dropped in right on top of juicy death boxes and won it

New patch tonight which has nerfed the bow and the Spitfire. Not that the bow has really been an issue for me, not many folks have been abusing it and I think on controller its harder to land bow shots. The Spitfire nerf though is unfortunate but fair, the max clip size has been reduced for the biggest mag and overall damage reduced slightly. By endgame with the Spitfire you used to just be able to hold down fire and annhilate whole teams so those days are over. Ah well, back to the good 'ol R301 for me!

8 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

New patch tonight which has nerfed the bow and the Spitfire. Not that the bow has really been an issue for me, not many folks have been abusing it and I think on controller its harder to land bow shots. The Spitfire nerf though is unfortunate but fair, the max clip size has been reduced for the biggest mag and overall damage reduced slightly. By endgame with the Spitfire you used to just be able to hold down fire and annhilate whole teams so those days are over. Ah well, back to the good 'ol R301 for me!

The 301 is definitely my favourite gun by a country mile. 

I played for two hours tonight and got 3 kills. Every squad we encountered wiped us almost immediately, even if they were in the middle of another gunfight. Unreal

Compare with earlier in the day where I won my first ranked match of the day with 6 kills, and killed another 6 people in two minutes dropping hot in Estates with a fucking Mozambique

Must be John Wick cloned himself and got on the PlayStation at 11.30pm

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Im still really enjoying it. I can buy a new hero but not sure which one to get I still love the core crew :)

Fwiw I bought the Champions pack and really only play Loba and Caustic from the paid for pool. Horizon is strong and I guess Octane still is with his nerf. 

39 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Im still really enjoying it. I can buy a new hero but not sure which one to get I still love the core crew :)

I'd reccomend Mirage, he's fun to use and good support for team mates.

I always have fun with Mirage every time I pick him by mistake :D

This might be old news, but I've been watching vids from a guy called McFrostyBoy lately. His tips are pitched at different skill levels, he has some really good clearheaded advice ranging from fundamentals general to most shooters, to advanced strategies specific to Apex. He doesn't have that many views but the content is great, check it out.

I mean, that's just Apex. I'm getting tired of having a crap Valkyrie on my team every game who plays like a flying Wraith and immediately disappears then dies 800m away.

12 minutes ago, Moz said:

I mean, that's just Apex. I'm getting tired of having a crap Valkyrie on my team every game who plays like a flying Wraith and immediately disappears then dies 800m away.

Ths made me laugh.

I don’t find ranked any better than pubs to be honest. I get that people don’t quit quite as fast because of the punishment, but that’s just replaced with them obnoxiously pinging their banner after they die and shouting that you’re shit because you landed where you’d marked instead of in whatever hot zone they decided to drop into and die like a moron.

On top of that it’s always World’s Edge (which seems to have awful loot compared to the other two), the wait times are longer and as I’m still low ranked I always seem to get awful team mates, but there’s more premade squads of 3 in ranked who can actually co-ordinate and melt you from three angles. 

I’ll take the quitters over all that shite.

I've found ranked so much better. Weirdly as you move into the gold, the peak of the bell curve, it starts to get worse because about 35% of players are stuck there. If people drop and die like a moron you can rat your way to at least breaking even on RP. Try saying hello on mic at the start of every game, a surprising number of people talk back on PC and I've grown a big friends list by adding people I get on with. There are loads of morons and kids though. The thing that drives me insane is when I queue on PC and get stuck in a squad of two people a whole rank lower than me who are both playing on controllers. Get outta here with that shit. I've certainly seem some great pad players but by and large they can't compete when a squad of premade PC preds come and third party us.

There's definitely something in ranked where after a while toxic/bad players get sorted together at certain ranks (I think when you get to gold it never puts you with bronzes again?) so if you have a week/a few days not playing it at the start of a season you can end up in that. I had one season where I played it quite a lot at the start and moved up steadily and ended up in good cooperative squads a lot (won three games in a row with one pair). A lot of players literally see/hear fighting and run directly at it in lower ranks, I definitely noticed the difference in people being selective in when to attack and when to run at higher ranks

6 hours ago, Broker said:

371C4FC1-C585-47D6-9BD8-5F2FA526EDDD.thumb.png.b0a64a0cd935afa8a66535eda839a8f0.png

GRENADO

Haha is that you?! I never knew. 

I was crying from laughing so hard. Basically on arena he was buying his ultimate each round and then when the loot crate came he just jumped on top and crouched. The idiot other team never cottoned on he was there and when the ring got to its smallest he just called on a GRENADO ultimate and rained it on their heads. It was even funnier because he was french and just kept shouting GRENADO endlessly.

Best apex moment yet 

Yeah that’s me :)

I also really enjoyed him yelling “no wait!” If we tried to engage before the ring was small enough to allow him to fully utilise the grenado strat. 

I was buying Max grenades and extra Valk missiles by the end :lol:

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

Haha is that you?! I never knew. 

I was crying from laughing so hard. Basically on arena he was buying his ultimate each round and then when the loot crate came he just jumped on top and crouched. The idiot other team never cottoned on he was there and when the ring got to its smallest he just called on a GRENADO ultimate and rained it on their heads. It was even funnier because he was french and just kept shouting GRENADO endlessly.

Best apex moment yet 

:lol: 

Laughing out loud just picturing it

GRENADO!

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

He was great fun 

Mirages voice lines are also really amusing. He even bamboozles himself 

I find all the characters really cheesy and annoying except for mirage who I find to be cheesy and endearing

Does anyone know if there’s any point doing more of the arena flash challenges after you’ve got the 3000 points for all the rewards? Other than making incredibly slow progress towards the weekly sniper rifle damage challenge :lol:

20D393E4-17FD-45E1-B6D3-C7ED645909AA.thumb.png.d77ac807b77bbac956fae9c674c860a3.png

What a brutal challenge! Especially as you want a backup weapon to stand any kind of chance. I guess triple take is the way to go, but man that's harsh. It took me hours to get the shotguns arena challenge done and that's way easier than snipers. 

As for your challenge, the extra points shouldn't do anything. However they sometimes give you special badges for hitting certain milestones within the event. For Wargames there were badges for getting 50k damage, 250 downs, etc and 5 wins, with a special one if you got all 3. So yeah I wouldn't bother with your sniper challenge now!

44 minutes ago, Broker said:

Does anyone know if there’s any point doing more of the arena flash challenges after you’ve got the 3000 points for all the rewards? Other than making incredibly slow progress towards the weekly sniper rifle damage challenge :lol:

20D393E4-17FD-45E1-B6D3-C7ED645909AA.thumb.png.d77ac807b77bbac956fae9c674c860a3.png

Do you have a mic? I just win four arenas on the bounce including a 2 v 3 where we were the two. Grenades are the key! GRENADO!

59 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

What a brutal challenge! Especially as you want a backup weapon to stand any kind of chance. I guess triple take is the way to go, but man that's harsh. It took me hours to get the shotguns arena challenge done and that's way easier than snipers. 

As for your challenge, the extra points shouldn't do anything. However they sometimes give you special badges for hitting certain milestones within the event. For Wargames there were badges for getting 50k damage, 250 downs, etc and 5 wins, with a special one if you got all 3. So yeah I wouldn't bother with your sniper challenge now!

The Triple Take is in the care package at the moment so you can't even buy one :(

I'm pretty sure the War Games badges showed up in the challenge menu, so I guess there's just the rewards for reaching 3000 points in the flash challenge, which are mostly BP stars. They were a nice cboost though.

55 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Do you have a mic? I just win four arenas on the bounce including a 2 v 3 where we were the two. Grenades are the key! GRENADO!

I have got a mic but because I usually play so late at night I generally don't use it to avoid disturbing my girlfriend and the kids. I'll find it though, I'll just need to try to stay calm and keep my voice down, which I've never been able to do before :lol: