Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

12 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Just played my first game with Valkyrie AND FUCKING WON

I was absolutely dominating enemy teams, repositioning constantly to get the drop on them from different angles. Frustratingly I only got 3 kills but I got 8 assists because I would 99% one-mag someone and my teammate would rush over and clip them while I was almost done reloading. And then he would loot their deathbox of all the goodies. The Ult is an absolute godsend for avoiding ring damage, the queue is amazing for traversing vertical maps like World’s edge or even just over a building to confuse the enemy and hit them from another angle. The seeker swarm is a bit shit but it works more to confound them than do any actual damage - about 25hp on average from what I’ve discovered. 

Yeah she feels a bit broken, I can see why everyone is fighting over her :lol:

I bought her earlier, dropped into a game with team fill off and landed miles off the end of the flight path. I figured I’d try out the seekers, VTOL jets and maybe her ult. got myself nicely geared up wandering around hot spots that were away from the action, used a few replicators to grab some purple gear. I ended up with a fully kitted spitfire and volt and purple armour, only encountered one person who I killed and got into the last but one circle with plenty of ammo and meds. 

There were two squads fighting so I figured I’d better third party them. Unfortunately I attacked the one that was losing so the guy I killed finished the squad and left me vs 3. But because you can just reposition over and over again I jumped around them, shooting and healing on top of places they couldn’t get to and murdered all three of them for a 5 kill solo win in my first game as her :lol:

I got so many badges at the end. The win one, win as jumpmaster, wipe a squad, win as kill leader etc. I think I might be fighting for her now.

Sounds like another horizon.  She got 2 nerfs in a week. The third coming a few weeks later and I think she's been further hit with the nerf hammer in season 9. 

Spitfire is great but I find the strafe speed and ROF is slow enough that it doesn't always work for me. That's why I like the R301, you can dump a mag and pop back into cover real quick.

One thing I'm struggling with at the moment is ADS speed - I find that if I turn down my ADS speed to the point where I can control recoil, I can't track people running around. But if I turn it up to the point where I can track people I can't control recoil

Wtf

Jumped back into this after a couple of seasons off. Tried the new mode and hated it. The style of shooting in this really doesn't suit that sort of game type imo. 

Battle Royale is still great though. Managed to get 5th when there was just me and one other guy in the squad. Then we got battered thanks to a Valkyrie bombarding us and taking higher ground. That shit is broken. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Jumped back into this after a couple of seasons off. Tried the new mode and hated it. The style of shooting in this really doesn't suit that sort of game type imo. 

Battle Royale is still great though. Managed to get 5th when there was just me and one other guy in the squad. Then we got battered thanks to a Valkyrie bombarding us and taking higher ground. That shit is broken. :lol:

im not sure I think it’s broken. I think the redeploy is broken in that it regenerates too quickly. I think it should be a once or twice a game option. The jet pack is just a horizon or octane analog except you can’t shoot while you’re flying

Arena is excellent in a premade group. Communication is key. Plus I don't want to be too tin foil hat but something has changed in either the matchmaking or something because I didn't instantly die at all tonight.

9 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Arena is excellent in a premade group. Communication is key. Plus I don't want to be too tin foil hat but something has changed in either the matchmaking or something because I didn't instantly die at all tonight.

thats why I play ranked because everyone is similarly bad as me. PUBs I just get puréed 

Got together with the usual dickheads for some games with the new modes and that.

Number of times accidentally let off Valkyrie's missiles whilst skulking around looking for loot: 2
Number of times remembered to use Valkyrie's missiles in a useful position: 0

Arena is a lot of fun, we were definitely not the most talented team in there tonight but were able to win with teamwork and adaptation, against other teams who were just doing the same thing over and over again. Looking forward to playing more of it, if nothing else it's good skirmish practice as we definitely have a tendency to drop far from everyone else and stock up on goodies rather than jumping in to where the action is.

Also while I'm sad it's not the super-bonkers version that was in the care packages, I'm extremely happy to have the Peacekeeper in more regular rotation. I'm so bad at this game but these two examples were great fun: 

44 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

Got together with the usual dickheads for some games with the new modes and that.

Number of times accidentally let off Valkyrie's missiles whilst skulking around looking for loot: 2

Arena is a lot of fun, we were definitely not the most talented team in there tonight but were able to win with teamwork and adaptation, against other teams who were just doing the same thing over and over again. Looking forward to playing more of it, if nothing else it's good skirmish practice as we definitely have a tendency to drop far from everyone else and stock up on goodies rather than jumping in to where the action is.

Also while I'm sad it's not the super-bonkers version that was in the care packages, I'm extremely happy to have the Peacekeeper in more regular rotation. I'm so bad at this game but this was great fun: 

What a way to go out, out like a sucker

11 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

Also while I'm sad it's not the super-bonkers version that was in the care packages, I'm extremely happy to have the Peacekeeper in more regular rotation. I'm so bad at this game but these two examples were great fun: 

We really need to figure out how to capture voicechat. We look semi-organised here, when most of the time we're all just screaming and swearing "BEHIND YOU! ON YOUR LEFT"

Arena is fucking brilliant. It's a great way to test out weapons and get used to bullet drop, plus skirmishing in general. I was breaking people two pixels high with the Hemlock and no sights last night.

I cannot imagine playing it with randoms, however. We were like an elite tactical unit in terms of our comms:

BATTLE ROYALE

"Work's been shit"
"Look at this shit loot"
"Why are you all the way over there?"
"Dunno where to go"
"Covid's shit"
"AAAH AHH PEOPLE FUCK I'M DOWN HE'S OVER HERE HERE HERE HERE HERE! Oh well we got top 10 by not encountering anyone"

ARENA
"Enemy is high."
"Going left"
"It's Octane. They're zipping"
"Left left left"
"Hold...hold...."
"Alpha papa bravo tango out romeo papa"

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Turns out when you know where the other squad is it's easy to kill them. Who knew?

Now, if we could get the other 20 squads in Battle Royale to do the exact same thing every round I reckon we could consistently win.

image.png.b1444e7cbd88f6767092d4f8fe6bad2e.png

1 hour ago, Pelekophoros said:

We really need to figure out how to capture voicechat.

I think we just all have to enable it in our respective network options. I'll have a look in a bit.

Just had the cutest game of this ever. Got put in with a kid, sounded about 8 years old. Despite neither of the two of us who were with her having mics on she chatted away, talking about how cool she thinks Valkyrie is and telling us where we should go. Asking if we like her skin.

At one point she said she saw a solo and was going to get them, then immediately started yelling for help after getting knocked. We won in the end and she flipped out, screaming with excitement and thanking us both. It was really sweet. 

Looked afterward and it was probably my best game ever :lol: I barely noticed while we were playing. 

CEFEDAE2-EDEA-4F65-8462-425BE595E511.thumb.png.a8917e2e7a0993a4a2c68b29783b62b0.png

Only played a few games so far on the new season but Arenas seems great for getting to know the weapons. Because you can afford most of them from round 1 and you get tons of free ammo,  its a really good way to learn bullet drop and recoil (which I'm terrible at). So far its been quite fun but it does suck if one team drops a player, I don't know if there's any balancing already like this - but I think they should give extra money to the team that's down players to compensate. Fortunately over maybe 7 games I've only seen one player drop after losing the first round. Also interestingly after a few battle royales and all those arena games there hasn't been a crazy rush to pick Valk - I've not even tried her yet because I've been picking other legends for my battle pass challenges.

We did end up winning a battle royale last night thanks to my team's Valk, we were pinned against one of the end rings by 2 teams and we used her ultimate to skydive us over the gatekeepers and into a building for the final circle, ultimately coming out on top. One pro comment I saw on Youtube pointed out that you can use her Ultimate in Gibbys dome shield so it might be a cheap way to survive the mayhem of the final circle by flying everyone into the sky under the protection of the bubble during takeoff. Of course if this is a viable strategy they'll probably prevent it in a later patch. 

Valk doesn't seem too overpowered so far, she's not too hard to hit in the air even on console, but once people get good with her it might be a different story. Lifeline's new health bot is really nice. Had a go on the bow last night and was getting some good long range shots, though I don't fancy my chances with it at close range. Ammo isn't really an issue because although arrows are scarce, as loot you get 40 shots or something per pickup. 

Ah. I just reset all my right stick sensitivity shit to default and now I’m melting people. I had my response curve set to linear, I reset it to classic and adjusted my ADS sensitivity a little bit and now I can more or less comfortably one-mag someone from mid range. I used to have to see the whites of their eyeballs. I downed a blue-shield Valkyrie while she was jet packing across my screen with one clip, which is something I could never have done before. And then we won the game! Yay!

My recoil control used to be so shoddy and all I had to do was use the settings the game comes with :facepalm:

Valk is so op it's a joke. Who ever thought it was a good idea. In a game where movement is 99 percent of winning, why would you make a hero who can manipulate movement in any direction. The amount of valks who have their shield broken and simply fly up high and in unreachable places to reshield is just crazy 

Broken. Totally broken.

29 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Valk is so op it's a joke. Who ever thought it was a good idea. In a game where movement is 99 percent of winning, why would you make a hero who can manipulate movement in any direction. The amount of valks who have their shield broken and simply fly up high and in unreachable places to reshield is just crazy 

Broken. Totally broken.

You could say the same about Octane, Horizon, Pathfinder. The number of times I’ve broken a shield only for evasive maneuvers to allow them to disappear like Batman onto a rooftop and out of sight. The main difference with Valkyrie seems to be that her Queue is quite rubbish 

I was curious how Valk would shake out. The noise of her jets and the fact that she's not insanely fast in flight led me to believe that she'd get shot out of the air a fair bit.

I haven't actually played this season yet. The battle pass is bad and I played a ton getting to 100 of the last one, so taking a short break.

I’ve dropped off a little, too.

I started in Season 8 so this is my first experience with the Worlds Edge map. I really, really don’t like it. It’s dark and miserable, with too many tight indoor spaces. It feels like something from the early last generation.

3 hours ago, Purin said:

That fucking bow and arrow is OP.

yeah man it’s a ground weapon that can do 128 damage if you get a headshot and can fire a million times faster than a sentinel

i got a win last night with randoms in ranked - 5 kills I think, I shield swapped in the penultimate circle where I found a Kraber and then just started cracking fools. It’s amazing how even if it doesn’t knock them, cracking their shield with one shot will make most players panic and either do something stupid or run away to heal. The dismay of realizing you were at full strength and with one shot you’re now extremely vulnerable. 

god I hate world’s edge. I’m not playing for the battle pass really, I’m playing because I’m enjoying ranked after the insanity of pubs

It seems that a lot of new characters added are OP... apart from Rampart. 
it’s like they want you to clamour for the new legend, in some sort of FOMO. 

She’ll be nerfed along with the Bow pretty soon I reckon.