Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

T Pot

I’m in. Played 1 game of BR and died pretty quickly. Not much has changed there!

only default characters available and no apex coins or tokens showing. 

I can’t get into arenas yet. 

My currency is now showing properly, it’s just got a flashing white bar over it. I can still only access the play and club tabs, there’s no round end info, and if you select any legends who aren’t basic ones it gives you lifeline.

Got into a game of arena, it’s fun! We nearly won but were 2 against 3 and my team mate got a heroic 0 kills :lol:

I went 7 for 4 which seems ok. 

I just don’t understand how everyone is so much better at this than me, lol

me and some friends won two games of arena earlier and I got 1 kill and like 6 assists in each

cannot look at the legends or battle pass tab yet

am disappoint 

16 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I just don’t understand how everyone is so much better at this than me, lol

me and some friends won two games of arena earlier and I got 1 kill and like 6 assists in each

Obviously in arena and some BR gunfights quick aiming is going to make the difference. I’ve played a lot of Battlefield and Destiny which both help. However in BR there’s also some general tips to bear in mind:

Hip fire is your friend. If you’re close range, it’s harder to turn and track people if you’re ADS. Plus that second you spent aiming in is a second you could’ve been shooting them.

Reposition regularly. If you stand still and shoot someone there’s a good chance you’ll both end up nearly dead and the winter is a coin flip. When you need to reload, move around cover and take your next shots from somewhere else. Try to never peek the same corner twice, especially if you’re sniping. Assume they’ll have their gun trained directly at where your head will be if you pop out from the same place you just were.

Keep hold of smaller healing items. It’s tempting to try to heal up to full but if you and an enemy are both injured, healing a bit of health or a single charge of shield then reengaging gives you the chance to finish then while they’re using a full heal. 

Never take a 2v1 fight. That’s not to say don’t engage two people because you might have to, but don’t get into a situation where you’re trying to shoot two people and they’re both shooting at you. Try to use cover to block at least one of them from being able to see you. If you can, split them up. 

Aggression is your friend. You can wait a long time for the perfect chance to strike, but it’s generally better to strike first. Push people when they’re healing or reviving, unless you need to do the same. If you’re outnumbered always push when they’re healing or reviving. 

45 minutes ago, Broker said:

Obviously in arena and some BR gunfights quick aiming is going to make the difference. I’ve played a lot of Battlefield and Destiny which both help. However in BR there’s also some general tips to bear in mind:

Hip fire is your friend. If you’re close range, it’s harder to turn and track people if you’re ADS. Plus that second you spent aiming in is a second you could’ve been shooting them.

Reposition regularly. If you stand still and shoot someone there’s a good chance you’ll both end up nearly dead and the winter is a coin flip. When you need to reload, move around cover and take your next shots from somewhere else. Try to never peek the same corner twice, especially if you’re sniping. Assume they’ll have their gun trained directly at where your head will be if you pop out from the same place you just were.

Keep hold of smaller healing items. It’s tempting to try to heal up to full but if you and an enemy are both injured, healing a bit of health or a single charge of shield then reengaging gives you the chance to finish then while they’re using a full heal. 

Never take a 2v1 fight. That’s not to say don’t engage two people because you might have to, but don’t get into a situation where you’re trying to shoot two people and they’re both shooting at you. Try to use cover to block at least one of them from being able to see you. If you can, split them up. 

Aggression is your friend. You can wait a long time for the perfect chance to strike, but it’s generally better to strike first. Push people when they’re healing or reviving, unless you need to do the same. If you’re outnumbered always push when they’re healing or reviving. 

yeah I do all of that but still lose. My aim isn’t great, and my reaction times are slow. I’m a very slow learner when it comes to positioning and tactics. 

Just played my first game with Valkyrie AND FUCKING WON

I was absolutely dominating enemy teams, repositioning constantly to get the drop on them from different angles. Frustratingly I only got 3 kills but I got 8 assists because I would 99% one-mag someone and my teammate would rush over and clip them while I was almost done reloading. And then he would loot their deathbox of all the goodies. The Ult is an absolute godsend for avoiding ring damage, the queue is amazing for traversing vertical maps like World’s edge or even just over a building to confuse the enemy and hit them from another angle. The seeker swarm is a bit shit but it works more to confound them than do any actual damage - about 25hp on average from what I’ve discovered. 

obviously I immediately spent my crafting metals id  been saving on the sweet military gundam suit in olive green

Can you imagine a solid team of Valkyrie, horizon, and octane? It would be beautiful

Nice! Maybe you just hadn’t found the right character for you yet :) Also if you’re ever struggling again always use the spitfire, that shit is broken.

Just got up to get the kids ready for school and checked quickly, NO SERVERS FOUND :( 

10 minutes ago, QuackQuack said:

First Arena: first round lost, teammates just leave. Oh...

Great experience, haha.

I’m yet to get a game of Arena where I’m not down two to three. I’m also getting a lot of BR games where the first person picks Valkyrie, then the next person quits because they can’t have her.

I reckon Arena with randoms is going to be a shit show, particularly once you go down a round or two. If it becomes a problem, they should add the quit penalty that the ranked games have. 

I played a good few games last night with my regular buddies from here, we won the first two, then lost a few & I’m pretty sure we won another later on. 

The first game went all the way to sudden death, so that’s 9 rounds in total! Took forever. 

It has potential as a mode though, and definitely adds some much needed permanent variety to the game. 

The idea of players dropping during arenas is ridiculous. If your team's shit compared to theirs, you're only going to have three rounds. Three battles total.

But then, I guess some people have honed quitting as soon as they're downed into an Olympic sport.

It's the main reason I have up on Rogue Company, I just got sick of people ditching it when it went ever so slightly south. This mode will only be played with people I'm deliberately squadded with because who's got time for that shit.

3 hours ago, Broker said:

I’m yet to get a game of Arena where I’m not down two to three. I’m also getting a lot of BR games where the first person picks Valkyrie, then the next person quits because they can’t have her.

play ranked BR. You get a ten minute timeout if you rage quit, so people tend to stick around

27 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

play ranked BR. You get a ten minute timeout if you rage quit, so people tend to stick around

Yeah I shoould check that out. I was playing regular because I liked the War Games shield regen but now that it's gone I guess it makes no sense to play unranked.

You have to be able to aim with that thing, though. I found two approaches worked for me:

1. Pick Bangalore, upgrade the volt until you get digi and make sure you have at least two smoke plumes.

2. Spitfire.