Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

T Pot

Battle Pass 97. Woot.

Edit: My footage from the event isn't really good enough to upload (not only is my playing pretty average, I didn't really do much new that took advantage of this upcoming season aside from miss a bunch of bow shots), but I am glad that the Spitfire's still going to help make up for my lack of skill.

On 01/05/2021 at 11:39, Kayin Amoh said:

I don't know if this translates outside the heat of the moment or not, but I found this hilarious at the time.

How did you get invited to the event?

are you in the industry?

I’ve seen a couple of club join requests… I didn’t recognise the names so I held off. 

could you please sound off in here with your username so we can verify you. 
thanks   

I just made it to Lvl 100 today after starting the battle pass really late as I’ve got back into Destiny 2. Now the PS5 won’t load up D2!!!

good riddance. 
I’m an Apex main now!

10 minutes ago, KYUSS said:

I’ve seen a couple of club join requests… I didn’t recognise the names so I held off. 

could you please sound off in here with your username so we can verify you. 
thanks   

I sent a request. Account name CHR1SW.

38 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

omfg I’m so shit at this game, and you’re playing with the worst legend 

I quit 

:lol:

I love Loba! I know that at the highest levels the abilities the legends have will make all the difference, but I feel like generally you're much more constrained by your gear in most matches. Her ability to see purple and gold loot through walls and steal good stuff without having to search for it is invaluable, and having purple shields or better guns has won me a lot of fights. Even if you've already used the black market twice you can see what's in the area so you can tell if it's worth searching more around the area or if you may as well move on. Always having armour and guns I like is more useful than anything the other legends can do (except Bangalore's smoke, I REALLY wish there were regular smoke grenades).

Even her teleport thing is ok. I know it's not really fast enough to use in active combat, but it can get you out if you're pinned behind cover, get you into higher vantage points if you need them and can get you out of bad combat situations and give you time to heal. I feel like all around she's got the most useful set of abilities. I'm honestly hoping they don't buff the teleport too much because I don't want to have to fight over her.

I think part of my problem is that I've escaped the bot lobbies and my skill hasn't caught up yet. I do find myself improving very incrementally, but the guys I play with are so good we're matched against Terminators and I am a solid pre-prison Sarah Connor. When I play by myself I get matched with potatoes who have no idea what they're doing. Like, last night I was playing as Lifeline because a random took Bangalore and every time our other teammate went down she was sprinting in for the revive despite me screaming to cover me while I handle it, because I can (until the 4th) drop a revive shield and run away. Like, I play with Caustics who never drop gas, or Bloodhounds who never scan, or people who sprint into combat between two teams and wonder why they get melted from both sides.

Very sad, but I still like it.

I won a game last night solo by pinning a team in a building while the final ring closed and then sitting on the roof of a building adjacent. They couldn't get out without taking lethal ring damage and all died.

@Floshenbarnical Sorry I went offline right after you sent that request, needed to shower and go to bed because I’m working tomorrow. I’ll be online tomorrow night if you want to check out the new season together though?

5 minutes ago, QuackQuack said:

Really looking forward to the patch today. Landing with a shield will hopefully cut down on 10 second games

23 second games! 

I hate playing with Randoms on this half the time.  Because half the time people want to drop in Estates which means "get lucky and find a gun and survive ...or don't"  I don't see why landing with a shield will change that, or is there more to the update? 

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

23 second games! 

I hate playing with Randoms on this half the time.  Because half the time people want to drop in Estates which means "get lucky and find a gun and survive ...or don't"  I don't see why landing with a shield will change that, or is there more to the update? 

Estates I can handle, what I can’t fathom is why so many people insist on landing at that small building overlooking Hammond labs. I get that it’s basically the center of the map, but there’s never enough loot for the six teams who land there and it’s right next to several big places which do have enough loot to at least give multiple teams a chance.

25 minutes ago, Broker said:

Estates I can handle, what I can’t fathom is why so many people insist on landing at that small building overlooking Hammond labs. I get that it’s basically the center of the map, but there’s never enough loot for the six teams who land there and it’s right next to several big places which do have enough loot to at least give multiple teams a chance.

Agreed. I got 5 kills with a Mozambique there the other day. It was carnage. 

My favorite place to land is grow towers - if no one follows you then each player can take a tower and if it’s a big old rainbow you can snag at least something from a tower and then either bug out to estates or somewhere else or observe and engage

17 hours ago, KYUSS said:

I might as well play Duos as I’m constantly put in a Duo when I select Trios. Must be my internet connection!!!

Lol that will probably solo queue you, it does for me

I have 1gb down and 40mb up I don’t think it’s the connection 

I’m never getting solo queued, it’s happened like three times in the few hundred games I’ve played. I get a lot of PlayStation people though, I wonder if the Xbox is better about matching through cross play because Sony hate it so much :lol:

22 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

My favorite place to land is grow towers - if no one follows you then each player can take a tower and if it’s a big old rainbow you can snag at least something from a tower and then either bug out to estates or somewhere else or observe and engage

That’s my favourite spot as well, big enough for plenty of loot but not so popular that you’re guaranteed other teams. I’m always shocked by how many people just want to drop out as soon as you can and land directly under the start of the flight path.

I wonder if there’s any data about the most popular places to land? When I was playing PUBG that was really useful as it let me know there were a few large towns that for some reason nobody went to. 

2 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

23 second games! 

If there are less standard shields on the ground, there will probably be more useful things available. 

Is the new battle pass live today? Is it best to just buy it through the game or purchase currency elsewhere to buy it? I had my first 1000 damage game earlier. Came no where near top

2 hours ago, Broker said:

There used to be gold weapons in those boxes at the back of that building… I never land there so I can’t confirm. 

39 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The patch is sat on my PS4 and says it's waiting for 6pm to install so I guess it goes live then.

Yeah it's 6pm. Dailies reset at 11am UK time, weeklies and this update seem to go live at 6pm.

7 minutes ago, KYUSS said:

There used to be gold weapons in those boxes at the back of that building… I never land there so I can’t confirm. 

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I always wondered where people got the gold weapons from. I assumed they were only on care packages.

The gold weapons spawn in the blue circle that appears on the map before you drop. I'm not sure if maybe there was a fixed spawn for them there when the map launched (wasn't playing then) but that's how they worked at launch and I've not seen anything since I've been back to suggest it's changed. Care packages have the red weapons (Kraber, Peacekeeper and Prowler right now, but they're moving the peacekeeper back onto the floor next season and sticking the triple take in the care package).

When guns are only available in Care Packages, are those always objectively better than floor loot equivalents?  I remember that being the case originally when the Kraber and Mastiff  (and maybe L-Star?) were care package only, but nowadays they swap them in and out - do they tweak the stats to make the CP ones, whichever they are, more desirable?

8 minutes ago, frumious said:

When guns are only available in Care Packages, are those always objectively better than floor loot equivalents?  I remember that being the case originally when the Kraber and Mastiff  (and maybe L-Star?) were care package only, but nowadays they swap them in and out - do they tweak the stats to make the CP ones, whichever they are, more desirable?

Yeah, every care package weapon gets a damage boost and occasionally additional buffs - larger pellet size on shotguns for example. It's usually not crazy, just an edge.

@moosegrinder You can occasionally find gold weapons out in the field, but there are a few guaranteed spots and the blue light hot drop will have one somewhere. As an example, doing Caustic's experiment (hitting a button) in his Water Treatment takeover spot in King's Canyon will award a bunch of yellow goodies. I don't go there that often, but there's always been a golden gun in there, and likely two as well as some gold equipment.

26 minutes ago, frumious said:

They’re buffed slightly but also come fully fitted with gold level accessories so they’re pretty good. The Kraber is a bastard to use, but the care package prowler is a beast and the peacekeeper is ridiculous at the moment.

18 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Yeah, every care package weapon gets a damage boost and occasionally additional buffs - larger pellet size on shotguns for example. It's usually not crazy, just an edge.

@moosegrinder You can occasionally find gold weapons out in the field, but there are a few guaranteed spots and the blue light hot drop will have one somewhere. As an example, doing Caustic's experiment (hitting a button) in his Water Treatment takeover spot in King's Canyon will award a bunch of yellow goodies. I don't go there that often, but there's always been a golden gun in there, and likely two as well as some gold equipment.

The one time I did caustic’s experiment I got three gold backpacks :lol: It was particularly shit as I was on my own after my team mates had died.