Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

T Pot

Yeah Timmy is insane, I watch Apex clip videos sometimes and he is always featured.

Regarding the ammo thing, the bow will be getting arrows (so they might be hard to come by as loot), but on the plus side you can collect them after firing, and if you hit someone with them, the arrows that hit the person will be in their death box. Other ammo types are staying the same as far as I know - but...

There is going to be a new Marksman category of weapons which doesn't affect the ammo but does affect the hop-ups that can be used between them. Marksman includes the G7 Scout, Sentinel, 30-30 Repeater and bow. One new hop-up for this class introduces a shotgun style spread. Another one lets you fire more rapidly for less damage but I think its for the bow only. 

By the way there's only a few days left to get the unique Arenas icon for your banner. You have to collect a card from a care package drop, click on it on the main menu, it unlocks challenges to scan those golden holograms which appear on the maps. Scan 3 on Kings Canyon and 3 on Olympus then go into the firing range to see a little Arena teaser and unlock the icon. The icon will upgrade in season 9 to become a winsteak Arena icon, which is different to the standard one that will be available. For all the steps its easy to find videos online including maps showing where the holograms on each map are. I hopped in as Octane in No-Fill mode last night to just stim around the maps and scan my beacons (its ok to scan one and then die, it saves how many you have scanned).

Because I'm a wonderful person after scanning my beacons I then donated my inventory and armour to the other players, however noone has a sense of humour. I went into the open desert and put down a jump pad and proceeded to jump vertically on it, with shield batteries and weapons strewn on the desert floor. Of course every nearby player tried to kill me, but Octane in midair is insanely hard to hit so I lasted for ages. Sadly noone got my rewards as the ring forced them out. On Olypmus using a jump pad I drove a trident onto the top of the highest building in Estates, dropped my purple armour and then put a jump pad and made the trident bounce on it vertically in an infinite loop which completely confused the team which was currently ratting around there. I had a good time bamboozling them by hopping in and out of the trident and using it as cover before they eventually spotted the purple and shot me in the face.

This session did remind me how OP Octane is at the moment, I havent played him for ages. You can just stim on repeat with no downside, and even when I wasn't trying I was taking out guys with ease just by stimming and sliding around them or jumppadding away when things got hairy. Its fun as heck but so OP. Glad he is getting nerfed next patch!

I only solo queue and I'm usually 2 -4 kills a game but I was playing last night and I came across a team mate who was really helpful, played well we went 22 kills between us so I asked him if he wanted to party up.  We played I think 7 games and I went 40 and 5 with 2 victories.  Having good team mates is just so vital to success in this game.  If you need to heal, the other can pin a team down to give you time.  You just swarm after teams and pick players off from the others where there is any separation.

Really enjoyed those games, but its made the game since worse as I'm now getting more annoyed with solo players...

My problem with joining players after a good match is that I inevitably become a massive liability after doing well once or twice. :/

I just got the beacons and hopped into the arena teaser, as it happens. Even better, I got two battle pass levels out of it so I'm now only 5 levels off 100. Won't hit 110 for teh white version and animated badge, but that's fine - I've been absent most of this season anyway. Live service games, they ask too much.

Especially since all my good shit from season 1-6 are on my Playstation account. I want my Season 4 Adaptive Flatline back!

Anyway, Mozambique and Hammerpoint. Bliss.

3 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

By the way there's only a few days left to get the unique Arenas icon for your banner. You have to collect a card from a care package drop, click on it on the main menu, it unlocks challenges to scan those golden holograms which appear on the maps. Scan 3 on Kings Canyon and 3 on Olympus then go into the firing range to see a little Arena teaser and unlock the icon. The icon will upgrade in season 9 to become a winsteak Arena icon, which is different to the standard one that will be available. For all the steps its easy to find videos online including maps showing where the holograms on each map are. I hopped in as Octane in No-Fill mode last night to just stim around the maps and scan my beacons (its ok to scan one and then die, it saves how many you have scanned).

Where is the crash site one on kings canyon? I’ve got a map but I can’t find it at all :lol:

All the apologies to Kai_Enix! Sorry I couldn’t talk (my girlfriend is working in the room where I play), sorry I had to leave after one game (kids got home), and sorry I’m rubbish (I’ve only been playing again for a week and still getting used to it).

Damn I ran around both those kings canyon bases for ages last night and never found either of those two holograms! I ended up finding my last one when I accidently queued with teammates on and took cover behind a dropship in the airfield, got knocked and picked back up, but on the plus side there was a holo sneakily hidden around the back of the ship.

Bad news for you Kayin, no Hammerpoints next season :(

I'm not in the rllmuk group but feel free to add me people: Jigsawn on PSN

You can just search player using the search function I believe. Don't really want to join a group as I have already turned down the offer from other friends groups I still play with and it would be pretty bad form to change that now. I like being a lone wolf!

I am a member of the clan but recently I've been playing on pc but you can only use the clan services on where you join from, which for me is ps4.  That a bit annoying tbh.  It just says this user is already a member of a clan on pc for me.

Hey guys, I just need something confirmed. Ever since the last big patch (think it was the one that kicked off the current season) there's been some small patches released, perhaps one each week. What's bothering me is that the download bit is quite quick as the patches are fairly small, but once downloaded the console starts the "Copying files" process and this seems worryingly slow to me. Even if I put my PS4 in standby mode to let it do its thing, the copy process for one of these patches can take as much as 2 hours to complete. Is this how it actually is, or should I worry about my HDD having issues?

22 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

That's just the PlayStation OS. It always takes forever.

Thanks. I just thought the Apex patches was slower than other games. 

Btw, is the RLLMUK team open to join? My current group has more or less disbanded so I'm looking for a new group of old farts to play with. 

1 minute ago, Broker said:

I wonder how that would work now. I assume there wouldn’t be a way to merge accounts, so I’d have to pick whether I want my Xbox or PlayStation stuff.

The thing that's grating with me is Destiny holds the characters you're not using for merged accounts in like a stasis. They just sit there and you can reactivate them when you want.

I'm presuming that this is one of the few things Bungie has done right with their backend stuff as it sounds like the kind of thing that trying to do late in a games cycle would be incredibly difficult. Also I bet cross progression would be used by a tiny percent of people.

So I get it. It doesn't stop it fucking me off.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

I wonder how that would work now. I assume there wouldn’t be a way to merge accounts, so I’d have to pick whether I want my Xbox or PlayStation stuff.

Fortnite and Rocket League allow you to link all accounts (PS, Xbox, PC, Switch etc) and all unlocked skins (a few exceptions) and items to be playable across all platforms. 

1 hour ago, strawdonkey said:

I got a message stating that I had been removed from the RLLMUK group the other day, did someone watch my awful performance on @moosegrinder's video and remove me from the group as a result? :unsure:

Are you actually removed? There was a bug at launch that fairly frequently said you'd been turfed out, but you were still in there. Maybe restart and check again.

If not, just reapply. There's some gremlins lurking, I'd guess.

Re: Cross progression. It sounds pretty easy to me, as a non tech person. You enter your accounts, it jots down what you have on a central spreadsheet or database, cobble them all together and boom! There's all your stuff. 

I'm sure enough people would want this to be a thing: I've played online games in the past that are crossplay and logged into the guy I'm playing with's native party chat so I can hear him, so I'm sure plenty of people would benefit from this.

Yeah, I’d really like to be able to access all my season 1 stuff on my Xbox account. Also with Apex it’s great that you never get the same thing twice so more things unlocked would just mean more chances to get the things I actually want but don’t have. Though I’m sure it would just mean I’d get tonnes of trackers and kill quips for the characters who have been added more recently.