Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

T Pot

I assume there’s one set of weekly challenges left to be added? I’ve finished most of the ones from weeks 1-12 in the last few days :lol:

Its gotten my battle pass to level 51 so far, gotten the yellow Bangalore and Lifeline skins and I’ll be able to get the blue Caustic one tomorrow. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get to level 110 before it expires, but based on the prices of skins it’s pretty much worth it just for those two. Once I’ve finished all the weeklies am I just doing the dailies for battle pass progress? 

I also can’t see how many red points I’ve got? If I go to try to buy a legend it tells me how much more I need to buy them, but I can’t see how many I’ve got or where I’m earning them from? 

I cut out two kills. Bugger. Also that last part I didn't reload. And at 2m43 I started the med kit went "Oh, I need shield not med" then found I'd not picked any fucking shield regen up. At all. Fucking nub.

Not sure what’s happened but the game seems to have decided I need matching up with people who have hundreds of not thousands of kills compared to my 10-20 with each character :lol:

Getting absolutely melted now, I need one more kill with lifeline but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen now.

Never mind, the key is to not assume people with a few hundred kills are actually good. Got all 12 weeks worth of challenges done except 3, I’ll get that last pistol kill but a kill with Gibraltar’s bombardment seems unlikely (what with it being shit) and I can’t silence 5 people with revenant because I don’t have him and don’t want to spend real money, plus the red points will be spent of characters I actually like the look of when I’ve got enough for another person. 

I spent my first load on Loba and she seems excellent. I really like the black market for not only getting things but seeing what else is in the area. Plus she can see stuff through walls so I’ve consistently got whatever guns I want and decent armour. I’m up to 7 or 8 wins now, really enjoying it.

6 minutes ago, Broker said:

Never mind, the key is to not assume people with a few hundred kills are actually good. Got all 12 weeks worth of challenges done except 3, I’ll get that last pistol kill but a kill with Gibraltar’s bombardment seems unlikely (what with it being shit) and I can’t silence 5 people with revenant because I don’t have him and don’t want to spend real money, plus the red points will be spent of characters I actually like the look of when I’ve got enough for another person. 

I spent my first load on Loba and she seems excellent. I really like the black market for not only getting things but seeing what else is in the area. Plus she can see stuff through walls so I’ve consistently got whatever guns I want and decent armour. I’m up to 7 or 8 wins now, really enjoying it.

The key to Gibraltar is to drop the bombardment on a downed player, I found. Find two other teams duking it out and hit them.

5 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Octane players can do one. The worst people. Consistently.

God, I love him so much. A hilarious troll legend.

16 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

The key to Gibraltar is to drop the bombardment on a downed player, I found. Find two other teams duking it out and hit them.

I got someone with the bombardment after I knocked them with a gun but that doesn't seem to count. Does it work if someone from a different squad knocked them?

I've gotten the battle pass to level 68 over about five days, and gotten most of the nice skins from it already so I'm pretty happy with it anyway. I'll see how the last week of challenges look but if I didn't get any further I'd have still gotten my money's worth.

You only get kills for knocking players, it doesn't matter who 'kills' them when they are crawling around. So for your gibby challenge you need to actually knock them with the bombardment. So yeah I would go for third parties in the open (Olypmus is good for this), hook in your bombardment and hope for the best. Another tactic you could try is dropping somewhere with a charge tower on kings canyon to immediately get your bombardment and then try to get players who might only have white or no armour.

Yes Octane players have replaced Wraiths as the new most toxic ones, I think a lot of the sweats transferred over to Octane once he became good. And a lot of the solo queue Octanes with thousands of kills will happily jump pad into a full team by themselves and then quit once they get downed, classic. 

You do get some idiots in this game solo queuing but on the whole I get a lot of good teammates. If you get teamed with a really good player who doesn't quit when they get downed and goes for banners etc, a lot of the time I find we win or come close to winning. The best games for me are when one player clutches out, revives their dead teammates and you scavenge desperately for gear mid/late game and eventually get into top 3 from the jaws of defeat. It's those stories of comradery and not giving up that make for the most memorable.

I seriously suck at this game and tbh it's taking all the fun out of it. Even doing "well" seems more luck than judgement tbh.

I mean...look at these results. We came second and I basically did absolutely nothing. I shot a couple of people with my sniper rifle. If I'd have been any good we would have won because I might have actually killed someone instead of just running around like a twat :lol:

apexresults.thumb.png.b25f93919306fff105ea3360de068a0c.png

12 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I seriously suck at this game and tbh it's taking all the fun out of it. Even doing "well" seems more luck than judgement tbh.

I mean...look at these results. We came second and I basically did absolutely nothing. I shot a couple of people with my sniper rifle. If I'd have been any good we would have won because I might have actually killed someone instead of just running around like a twat :lol:

apexresults.thumb.png.b25f93919306fff105ea3360de068a0c.png

Sometimes that's just how it goes. Some nights are woeful and I'll die in shit ways every single game. Then there'll be a night where every game is incredible fun. 

I had a game yesterday where Bloodhound decided to drop away from us in the hottest spot on the map. There were a lot of notifications that he was shooting and stuff but I wasn’t paying much attention. Eventually we caught up with him, alive and followed him about. He’d spot people and just destroy them before I even saw them. I got knocked and he didn’t bother to revive me, murdered the last two squads alone and won the game. Me and the other guy had three kills between us and he had 24 :lol:

I've got a full writeup that isn't live yet. I'll bullet point some of the most important points:

- Emotes! Small thing, but past time.

- Arena Mode looks like great fun. You buy guns and tactical charges for your legend between rounds. It resets after each match, seems like all your previous purchase points get refunded - if the spitfire's not working, swapping to a longbow is easily done. Can pump more points in to upgrade them - clip size, scope type, etc. First to three with a two point lead wins. 3 maps at launch, 2 more coming soon. Artillery unchanged, the other two are new but with recognizable elements. Should be great practice without having to drop and loot before getting hammered by a team of 3.

- Valkyrie's the new hero, her ult can blast a team out of a bad spot to redeploy. Tactical is a missile swarm  with a wide AOE and a stun effect - she's like a human version of Northstar, which makes sense given her backstory as the daughter of Viper in Titanfall 2. She can fly, but can't shoot while using the thrusters and it take a second for her gun to reappear. Also, that jetpack is LOUD. Don't expect to stealth land on unaware teams.

- Bocheck bow looks super powerful if you can aim. I can't, so it was useless. Two hops ups, one which turns it into a shotgun and one which allows timing faster loosing. Both can be equipped at once. Has its own ammo source, arrows can be retrieved.

- New weapon class to differentiate snipers and marksman rifles like the 30/30 and G7. Marksman class, appropriately enough.

-Olympus has had a ship crash into it carrying a huge vine parasite. The Docks have changed, dead scientists abound, can find a keycard to get into the bridge for better loot.

- I got the gold Loba golfing emote in my first lootbox, and I want it applied to my main account now plz.

- Lifeline's losing her shield from the doc drone. It still does that autonomously, but no more relative safety out in the open. Likewise, Horizon's strafe has been nerfed from her grav lift, and Octane now burns more health off a stim.

Arena's naturally the big news here. Ash looks freaking scary between rounds while you're in the shop. Some legends look like they'll be semi useless in it - Loba has no loot to pick up, for example. Just a few healing items from a loot bin - there's no ground loot otherwise, but there are material canisters for a purchasing boost in future rounds of the same game.

One thing I find weird is that, despite there being 16 Legends I only ever see people playing the same four: Wraith, Bloodhunter, Lifeline and Pathfinder. Occasionally I'll see a Gibraltar or Bangalore in there. Does no one use the other Legends?

1 minute ago, Doctor Shark said:

One thing I find weird is that, despite there being 16 Legends I only ever see people playing the same four: Wraith, Bloodhunter, Lifeline and Pathfinder. Occasionally I'll see a Gibraltar or Bangalore in there. Does no one use the other Legends?

You don't see Octane, Mirage or Horizon? The spread's pretty decent for me, I'm even seeing Ramparts make an appearance these days.

Yep, pretty hyped by the trailer, and thanks for the impressions Kayin. I don't think arenas will be my bag and it will be a feeding ground for toxicity but I will definitely be using it to get combat practice. Excited for the bow and the Olympus changes but sad that its only affecting a small area of the map.

Glad that Valk can't shoot mid air, that alleviates some of my worries about the flying meta. Rocket barrage must be quite weak if its a standard ability. I wonder how they are going to buff poor Fuse as his grenade seems even punier in comparison. Roll on season 9!

At my level its mostly the pub meta legends I see: Octane, Horizon, Wraith, Bloodhound, Lifeline and Bang. Crypto, Fuse, Wattson and Gibby are the rarest to see (with Crypto and Wattson by far the rarest). Octane is definitely the most picked at the moment followed by Horizon.