Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

Always Be Closing has been confirmed as the next "Evolved" event coming on 11th August. I didn't have any internet during the modes initial run so excited to give it a go now.

It's looking like I might even max out this seasons battle pass (the first one I've manged since 2 I think). Currently it's sitting at 90ish. I have a bunch of those quests lined up too. I'll probably mop them all up before the season ends, but it's more for completions sake than anything else. The missions really are quite poor.

On 28/06/2020 at 18:46, Kayin Amoh said:

and yes, I took another journey to the edge of the map when they demanded I hand over a purple body shield they hadn't earned)

What do you mean? They were asking for it on comms so you just walked off? 

I think there are some proper idiots on this game.  When people are joining with other single players, I can't believe that people are still breaking off on their own to go to certain death areas. And it's those players who constantly spam "respawn me". I wish there was a shortcut message for "press it again and I will not revive you". 

3 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

What do you mean? They were asking for it on comms so you just walked off? 

I think there are some proper idiots on this game.  When people are joining with other single players, I can't believe that people are still breaking off on their own to go to certain death areas. And it's those players who constantly spam "respawn me". I wish there was a shortcut message for "press it again and I will not revive you". 

They were asking for it with that attitude, all right. When idiots start punching you, swearing, and demanding that you hand the shit you've picked up over just because they want it I'm gonna mess up their game pretty fast. 

Had they asked... well, I'd have kept it, because I found it. I wouldn't have chucked it off the side of a cliff after firing off all my ammo though, that's reserved for assholes I don't want to play with because they've proven themselves to be dickheads.

Not super revealing, but the launch trailer (teaser?) for season 6 just dropped.

Can expect a new map this time out, and the Volt from Titanfall's making an appearance. 

This season was the only one I never finished the battle pass in, but I had a lot of real life stuff going on and once you start missing a chunk of time, it's easy to just chuck in the towel progress wise. Interested to see what else they're adding this time out.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 6 dropped this morning (not the normal 6pm slot) got a few games and loving rampart - she is basically the defensive character I hoped Watson would be (and wasn’t) - she comes into her own In the later end of the rounds esp when your team us hunkered down trying to defend an area - her turrets are great and there is a 10 -15 second reload so plenary of time to try and do a counter attack on her.  Had a great yell moment earlier - was in the top part of a small building had a sheild wall built at the door and the turret  behind it - waited for a mirage to come running up the stairs. He opened the door to find the way blocked by my shield wall followed buy his body riddled to death in a hail of fire from my turret :-) 

Hopefully it'll finish dowloading tonight so I can give it a go.

Maxed out the battle pass last season (110!), and if the game is still good I can see myself doing it all over again.

22 minutes ago, macosx said:

Like the map changes, but the loot table seems off, found it hard to get a decent setup last night .

Agreed, played 2 hours and never got a blue or purple helmet once (ooh-err) and that was with my mate using Lola's marketplace loads.

We saw blue and purple armour but finding decent guns was a fucking nightmare.

Also, the 'crafting' is just the Buy Stations from CoD but with a wait timer. At least you can get a longbow and a decent optic from them, mind.

Yeah, that's weird, they're rotating what can be crafted too. I guess it's good news if your favourite gun can be crafted but it feels a bit like they have changed things for the sake of it, rather than it being a good idea. 

I've bought the season pass this time so any Xbox players who want to grind their way to level 100, feel free to let me know, I could do with less time with the "interesting" play style of randoms.

Yeah I felt that crafting stuff was not needed. In Warzone there’s a set menu of generic useful stuff; the crafting stations in this have the majority of stuff you don’t need for your build and the timer and having to pick it up is just pointless.

Found a real lack of decent hop ups and found going into battle really not feeling right about the setup for quite a few games.

1 hour ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Having an evo shield by default on drop sounds kinda rad, though. Sure, it starts at zero, but at least those first few panicky kills on a hot drop help out.

They just had a mode where you spawned with an evo (1 bar full) and a Mozambique, which I thought would be a reasonable default for the main game.

5 hours ago, macosx said:

Yeah I felt that crafting stuff was not needed. In Warzone there’s a set menu of generic useful stuff; the crafting stations in this have the majority of stuff you don’t need for your build and the timer and having to pick it up is just pointless.

Found a real lack of decent hop ups and found going into battle really not feeling right about the setup for quite a few games.

Yeah, lots of times my teammates want to get stuck in when I'm carrying a pistol, no shield and 30 bullets. I presume Respawn are trying to force people to craft by making weapons scarce. It could end up that people are more collaborative, though I'm fairly tired of people hoovering up everything they see when you need somethimg or have nothing. I've had one teammate drop ammo for me that I've requested and seen the other guy grab it first, etc. Perhaps people will realise they get more wins when everyone is well equipped.

Hadn't played this since launch, used to play it on PS4 and quite liked it but I was shiiiiiiite.

Installed it on PC and though I play with a pad (fuck off, I've always been godawful with a mouse and the size/setup of my desk isn't good for using a mouse for action games), I've really gotten into it today. Actually been on the winning team twice, both times I contributed some kills and wasn't as much of a liability as one of the other guys.

Basically what I'm saying is that on both occassions, one guy carried us. In the first win the Good Player gave up on the Worst Player but kept bringing me back, possibly as I'd gotten 2 kills right at the start of the round and possibly because I was very good at drawing enemy fire allowing him to kill everybody :lol:

The second win we all made it to the end and all revived a player at least once each.

If you don't mind having a shit, pad using, Bloodhound on your team my Origin ID is RivaOni

• 2 weeks later...

I've started turning my mic on to tell people that if they don't stop pinging the "go respawn me" button I won't do it. 

It has made no difference so far. I presume that people mute their squads (I know I often do).

Respawn need to limit the number of pings, or allow you to say "I acknowledge your request" and not let them continue for 20 seconds or something. It's really annoying when you're the only surviving member of a team, you've already crept in to grab the tags and are trying to creep away, listening to footsteps around you and some guy is hammering the A button, causing a chime to sound in your ear and a flash on the screen.

I mostly play ranked now. I get fewer wins but less irritation. 

If there are people on regularly that want to squad up I'd reinstall this as I do like the game.  I just couldn't stand solo playing because the sheer volume of grief you get solo isn't worth it.  There is a Reddit post of a guy who solo plays for 50 games and it's not great reading, my season 6 experience mirrors that.

I rage-deleted this because it was so full of idiots that don't seem to realise there is a revive function or just go off randomly. 

Would be up for playing with comms (Xbox). 

It's all true. And yet, compared to the average Overwatch team, they're all TSM level pros and the height of civility.

I had a twat message me after an incident in which I set up a Rampart shield at a doorway early game before I had a weapon - I was trying to block an enemy with a gun running through a doorway at us. Teammate runs out while it's setting up, gets blocked and killed. Then he sent me a message 'r u dumb, uninstall game' to which I told him to fuck off and that I'd uninstall him.

Not sure how I'd have managed that, mind. I did uninstall him from my life with the block player button, so I guess I kinda did.

Haven't bought the battle pass this season, so just kinda taking a break and playing sporadically. Waiting for the Steam version to go live just for ease of access, and my PS4 Pro crashes Apex about one in four or five games which rubs the sheen off. Kinda bummed there's no cross purchase /progress though - I've got some good stuff in my locker including heirlooms and Voidwalker / Wattson's Space Age gold and white thing, and I won't be buying any more until they implement it. No goddamn way I'm buying anything twice at those prices.

Maybe I've mellowed with age, but I've only ever played this game with randoms and yes they sometimes act the dick, but honestly it just flows right through me. I give zero fucks. :lol: I did get a nice message from someone who sayd "u are god" after I solo managed a win by being a cowardly feck and hiding till the ring closed completely and I managed to outlast the other guy. :lol: It was in that new area where I found a corner next to a building that was below the walkways so nobody could spot me.

3 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I've started turning my mic on to tell people that if they don't stop pinging the "go respawn me" button I won't do it. 

It has made no difference so far. I presume that people mute their squads (I know I often do).

Respawn need to limit the number of pings, or allow you to say "I acknowledge your request" and not let them continue for 20 seconds or something. It's really annoying when you're the only surviving member of a team, you've already crept in to grab the tags and are trying to creep away, listening to footsteps around you and some guy is hammering the A button, causing a chime to sound in your ear and a flash on the screen.

I mostly play ranked now. I get fewer wins but less irritation. 

I think you can mute their pings, so if you're being spammed and can spare a couple of seconds to jump into the menu and mute them without getting murderised, it's probably the best option.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I think you can mute their pings, so if you're being spammed and can spare a couple of seconds to jump into the menu and mute them without getting murderised, it's probably the best option.

I'll take a look, I know you can mute voices but didn't know you could do pings too. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Purin said:

I rage-deleted this because it was so full of idiots that don't seem to realise there is a revive function or just go off randomly. 

Would be up for playing with comms (Xbox). 

I play most days, my gamertag is the same as my username here - no asterisk on Xbox. 

Send me a message or I'll forget/get shy

• 2 weeks later...

...Oh.

Anyway, if anyone would like to buy a battle pass cheaply, this version of the game is a fiver and comes with enough coins for a season. It doesn't mention it in the description but I've just got one and can confirm it does:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apex-Legends-Lifeline-Edition-Microsoft-Xbox-One-Game/352830410907?epid=3034388713&hash=item522654d09b:g:YDMAAOSwSw1eNMcD