Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

7 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm not sure 'Battle Royale' and 'relax' really go in the same sentence, dude.

They did until the launch of season 3. It was bursts of intensity rather than having your head on a swivel the whole match, and opponents would occasionally miss or do silly things.  Now it's practically white knuckle all the way.

• 3 months later...

Looking forward to the start of season 5 but I'm gonna miss Skull Town. It was my go to drop when I just wanted some quick loot and a firefight.

Should I be feeling guilty that this has been one of my favourite games this generation but only ever bought season 1 battle pass due to earning enough coins to keep getting the next one for free? Maybe I'll throw Respawn a few quid. I don't want EA to do what they do best and shut a studio.

Yep, I'll be chucking Respawn a few quid for Season 5, probably for both the Battle Pass and Loba character. The core game in this is still top notch; the weapons, the characters and the general feel and movement are superb.

I've dabbled a bit in COD Warzone but I think this is sooooo much better.

Season 5 PvE quest overview;

season-tab-season-5-patch-notes-body-4.j

Loving the redesign kings canyon less open spaces and more buildings and cover areas.  

Loba also is fast becoming my  default legend - her passive being able to see purple or gold items through walls and containers helps when team mates are needing stuff , and the teleport bracket is really good pulled of a couple of squad wipes by. Well timed throw behind them then lstar now Down :-) 

was able to get into the vault in the cliff beside the remains of skull town it’s grand but not much loot for a three man sQuad  apart from a charge tower 

Really enjoying Season 5 again, after having real difficulty in combat in season 4. The map is a great remix with enough changes to make it feel fresh.
Loba is a great addition to the roster after a few weak ones although with Mirages new buffs and abilities it’s making a few legends really stand among the others.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my first win today!

I’ve finished 2nd so many times this last week it was getting frustrating. 
in this game my teammates did most of the work but a win is a win. 
this game works so well with randoms. Communication without voice-chat is excellent. 

if anyone plays on PS4 could you add me as I’d love to play this game with friends. 
PSN: michaelpegg 

cheers

On 09/05/2020 at 08:23, Gambit said:

Looking forward to the start of season 5 but I'm gonna miss Skull Town. It was my go to drop when I just wanted some quick loot and a firefight.

Should I be feeling guilty that this has been one of my favourite games this generation but only ever bought season 1 battle pass due to earning enough coins to keep getting the next one for free? Maybe I'll throw Respawn a few quid. I don't want EA to do what they do best and shut a studio.

I’ve bought the battlepass this season... is it quite doable to get all 1000 coins back in the season or is it a massive time sink?

I'm undecided on season 5.  I can understand the changes, for example why they chose to remove skulltown but I personally liked the skulltown area so I'm not a fan of the change.  However there's been quite a few bugs, complaints of reg issues.  I've been getting quite a bit of lag that I hadn't had recently.  

Plus for my sanity please don't hot drop on ranked and then insta quit.  That just drives me mental.

10 hours ago, KYUSS said:

I’ve bought the battlepass this season... is it quite doable to get all 1000 coins back in the season or is it a massive time sink?

I did two seasons and felt quite burnt out by it. I've got the coins for another season waiting to go,  but haven't felt at all inclined to play. My advice would be to write off the cost if you start to feel like it's a grind.  

11 hours ago, KYUSS said:

You don't have to max out the battlepass but from previous seasons you'd have to get around the 80's to essentially get the next one for free. Though I haven't done the math on the latest one.

It can get grindy, but if you're still enjoying the game like me and playing it quite regularly then it can be done.

Yeah they've made Bloodhound a really useful character this season.

I'm a big fan of Loba at the minute. Her teleport is great at getting at difficult to reach spots.

So this happened the other day. It makes me look awesome and well maybe I am but the games matchmaking obviously screwed up because it put me in a bot lobby. Perhaps if I had realised sooner I would have got that elusive 20 bomb. Makes me think all those 20 bombs are fake too. 

BD487EA9-85E5-4868-962D-4F8F4367C861.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Gambit said:

A bot lobby?

Apex doesn't have bots?

That's the colloquial term for low level lobbys, my teammates and I assume my opponents were in the 30's range, whereas I am 200 and something. Somehow it screwed up and threw me in with all these opponents, none of them caused me any issues I was wiping squads with ease and had I found another 2 players I would have easily hit the 20. My usual lobbys are full of predator and diamond ranks. 

Following on from my first win... I had 2 wins yesterday!

I’d unlocked Caustic and just started playing about with him. 

Here’s the uncut video. 

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

I love Caustic. Hunkering down in a base with gas traps everywhere, especially if you also have a Wattson on your team is some scummy billiance. :lol:

I witnessed this as I came 3rd and spectated. Traps and gas canisters blocking every door!

i might upload it and post it later. 

16 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Nice win @KYUSS

Caustic can be a real fucker to fight against ,even more so in a building with all that annoying gas everywhere.

Thanks. 
I’ve watched loads of your vids. Some high kill counts!

• 2 weeks later...

Still loving this!
After getting 3 wins in a week I thought I might have been put into a higher Skill bracket as I was getting stomped.

Then I Started getting some top 5’s and a couple of 3rd/2nd places. 
last game of the night...

Not a high kill-fest but a wins a win. 

It is an odd phenomenon that the people using comms in public are most likely to be complete cocksacks. Had some kid ('TheAngryGamerUK', I shit you not) start punching me after I swapped to a triple take in a loot bin. Didn't know what his problem was, so continued on before I started hearing 'yo, wot the fuk m8, you stole my m8's fukkin gun, give it back you bastid, i pinged dat for my fukkin m8, fukkin scum, if you go down we ain't ressin' ya'.

I then sent him in game text-to-speech communication - a pretty simple 'no' - and started making my way to the edge of the map. I'd have happily handed it over if his first response hadn't been to act like a complete imbecile and just asked, but I couldn't be arsed dealing with this gimp so simply tossed the triple take and the vault key I was carrying off the edge of the map, took an in game screenshot to taunt him with if he decided to take it to PS messages, and disconnected in search of a better team.

Spin on THAT, asshole.