rllmuk
Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

A lot of footage went live tonight, some really good stuff on display. Interesting watching this and then the accompanying vid from his team mate who snatched the win for them.

@frumious Complete replacement for the time being. Current rumours are that King's Canyon will show up as a PVE event as hostile forces move in on it while the legends are playing on this new map, but they're obviously just rumours and could be completely made up. Sounds plausible though.

• Upvote 1

Tried this morning to get my rank up ready for the demotion coming, lol....seems Silver I is the best I can get as made no progress after an hour or so.

7 hours ago, Minion said:

Well my addiction is back and just in time, this new season looks absolutely fantastic, can't wait!

You and me against the world, Min. Although, does @RickyDVT also fancy being pulled back into the fold?

Does this go live tonight? I think this is finally the patch that will see me picking up the game again for a bit. The new map looks really cool, especially the train.

I watched the new trailer and have no clue what abilities the new guy has. What does his drone do? What's his ultimate?

The drone is a player controlled camera you can fly about and spot enemies. Also, it will passively spot enemies while you aren't using it, as it stays put where you leave it.

His ultimate sends out an EMP blast from the drone, which takes off 50 shield from shields and destroys traps within a small radius.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Tomdominer said:

You and me against the world, Min. Although, does @RickyDVT also fancy being pulled back into the fold?

He has shown some interest Tom! Just don’t mention the Pathfinder nerf....

• Upvote 1

There's a bunch of new tweaks - the gold body armour now acts like the gold backpack, and the gold backpack heals your downed team mates upon revive - not 100% sure on the amounts, but I heard 50 life and 50 shield. Be handy for lifeline, I think.

It doesn't seem to be a thing, but I'd also heard about an evolving body shield that starts off at 25/50, and if you get some kills it can evolve up to 125 protection in increments of 25 - just slightly higher than the current max. It doesn't seem to be a real thing though, at least not right now. 

2 hours ago, Tomdominer said:

Also, I read on reddit that "If you use a finisher, it recharges shields in season 3." without the gold shield.

Holy shit, if that is true.

No way that's pretty cool!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tomdominer said:

They have removed the disruptor, so you'll be happy!

Oh yes and the Wingman now has skullpiercer headshot damage as default, woohoo!

• Upvote 3

Update is 7.7GB on PS4 and is available now!

Patch Notes (Hemlok buff yes!)

LEGEND META

All Legends

Executioner Perk: Previously, the Gold Armor perk, “Executioner”, gave a full shield recharge on successful completion of a finisher. In Season 3, all Legends will have this perk meaning--finishers will fully recharge your shields regardless if you have Gold Armor equipped or not. Gold Armor will now have a Guardian Angel perk that is detailed below in the Loot / Meta Changes section.

Gibraltar

Dome Shield

Players in the Dome Shield use healing items 25% faster.

Increased the throw distance by 60%.

Increased cooldown.

20 seconds -> 30 seconds.

Defensive Bombardment

Decreased cooldown.

4.5 minutes -> 3 minutes.

Decreased duration

8 seconds -> 6 seconds.

Increased throw distance by 36%.

Bloodhound

Eye of the Allfather

Reduced the animation time to activate by 33%.

Now immediately tells you how many targets have been pinged.

Beast of the Hunt

Fixed an issue with FoV scaling messing up ADS aim sensitivity.

Reduced animation time to activate by 30%.

Increased movement speed bonus

25% -> 30%

Bangalore

Rolling Thunder

Increased damage

20 -> 40.

Octane

Adrenaline Junkie

Fixed an issue with FoV scaling messing up ADS aim sensitivity.

Wraith

[Designer Notes: We’ve pulled back additional nerfs for further testing, but Wraith’s power balance is definitely on our radar.]

Dimensional Rift

No longer deploys if you are downed before placing it.

Pathfinder

Grapple

Reduced the grapple projectile velocity by 33%, meaning it takes a fraction of a second longer to connect the grapple to the wall. The behavior once you are connected remains the same.

Zipline

Increased cooldown

90 seconds -> 120 seconds.

WEAPON AND LOOT META

Hop-ups

*[*Designer Notes: We think the number of hop-up types in the game is about as high as we want to go right now when we consider loot dilution and the likelihood of finding a desired hop-up. Going forward, we intend to rotate hop-ups each season -- some may be removed from the loot pool to make room for new or returning ones. Below are the changes we’ll be making to hop-ups for Season 3.]

REMOVED: Disruptor Rounds

REMOVED: Skullpiercer Rifling

The base headshot damage multipliers of the DMR and Wingman have been increased slightly.

Wingman: Was 2.0 base / 2.25 with Skullpiercer. Is now 2.15 base.

DMR: Was 2.0 base / 2.5 with Skullpiercer. Is now 2.15 base.

NEW HOP-UP: Anvil Receiver

Attaches to: Flatline and R-301.

Rarity: level 4 (gold).

This hop-up empowers semi-auto mode; it offers highly increased damage, but at the cost of reduced rate of fire and double ammo per shot.

NEW HOP-UP: Double Tap Trigger

Attaches to: G7 Scout and EVA-8 Auto.

Rarity: level 3 (purple).

This hop-up makes each trigger pull fire a quick two round burst.

Consumables

Ultimate Accelerants

Ultimate charge restored increased

20% -> 35%.

Reduced the amount in the world by around 40%.

GOLD GEAR CHANGES

Gold Backpack

The gold backpack has a new perk, “Guardian Angel”. With Guardian Angel, you will revive downed teammates with bonus health and shields (if they have armor).

Gold Armor

The gold armor will now have “Fast Use” (consumable items take half as long to use), which was previously on the gold backpack. Now, you will be able to tell when an opponent has the ability to heal faster by seeing the gold armor damage numbers.

WEAPONS

*[*Designer Notes: For Season 3 weapon changes, our goals were to encourage and improve longer range gunfights and reduce power on some of the weapons that have been dominating lately. We will of course be closely watching data and player feedback on these during the season.]

R-99

Base mag size reduction

Before: 18/22/26/30

After: 18/20/23/27

Added some recoil randomness to patterns.

PDW Prowler

Added some slight recoil randomness while maintaining the same pattern when fired in full-auto mode.

Longbow DMR

Reduced rate of fire

1.6 -> 1.3

Reduced leg damage multiplier

0.9 -> 0.8

G7 Scout

Increased base damage

30 -> 34

Hemlok

Increased base damage

18 -> 22

Slight decrease to rate of fire to both fire modes.

Mozambique

Decreased pattern spread

Mozambique will now reset from recoil faster, which should make it easier to track targets and see where shots land.

L-STAR

Substantial reduction to horizontal recoil.

Now comes equipped with 1x Digital Threat optic.

Reduced damage

21 -> 19

NEW KITTED GOLD WEAPONS

We’ve swapped out the previous set of Gold Weapons with some fresh new ones for Season 3. Keep an eye out for these fully kitted beasts that all include tier 3 versions of all compatible attachments, hop-up, and the following optics:

Flatline

Includes 1x-2x optics

EVA-8

Includes 1x threat scope

TripleTake

4x-10x Threat scope

G7 Scout

2x-4x optics

Charge Rifle

4x-10x threat scope

QUALITY OF LIFE

Added a “random” option for customizing your unlocked loadscreens.

Expanded the Ping Wheel so that you can now equip your unlocked Intro and Kill quips.

Equip up to 8 intro or kill quips in the lobby

Nearby enemies can hear quips when activated

Press Y while ping wheel is up to access (controller) or F1 (default keyboard binding -- you may need to set this manually as it won’t auto-bind).

"Celebrate" quickchat is now the 1st option in the quip wheel (Previously down on dpad).

New Legend battle chatter - Legends now have voice lines that will call out when your squad is being third-partied. This is triggered if you take damage when recently damaged by another living squad

You can now equip multiple skydive emotes (if you have multiple available on a character) - Hold A while skydiving to open the menu to select the skydive emote you want to use.

Daily challenges should only give you, at most, 1 challenge for a Legend you don't own.

No dupe character daily challenges (e.g. you should never get 2 Gibraltar dailies in the same day).

Fixes for slowdown/performance drops at the start of a match.

Mirage - decoys will now go where directed when deploying them during the drop if Mirage isn’t the Jumpmaster.

Lifeline - D.O.C. Healing Drone will no longer float away after being deployed on Supply Ships

Fixed issue where Legends could show up as locked instead of selected when joining a match late.

Small improvements across UI to make fonts and other elements more readable.

When swapping weapons with one on the ground, attachments will now attempt to transfer to your stowed weapon in addition to the weapon you are about to pick up.

BUG FIXES

Octane - fixed a bug where sometimes mantling while using a tactical stopped players from being able to perform any other actions until the tactical is finished.

Wattson - fixed bug where sometimes the visual FX from her fences would not show up after being deployed.

Pathfinder - Fixed a bug with Insider Knowledge passive where Survey Beacon locations would disappear from the full map after activating them.

Fixed bug where players could sometimes receive additional Battle Pass rewards by leveling up two games in a row.

Fixed an exploit that allowed players to spam fire with the Peacekeeper.

Fixed bug where looting Lifeline’s Care Packages would not count towards the “Loot X amount of Care Packages” in the Battle Pass challenges.

Fixed a bug where sometimes the smoke visual FX from Gibraltar, Bangalore, and Caustic Ultimates would show up on scopes when swapping weapons rapidly.

PC - Fixed bug where model settings would be forced to “high” regardless of what setting was selected.

Fixed a bug where players could sometimes skip the landing animation after a long fall.

Fixed bug where sometimes map fog visual FX would disappear while looting a deathbox.

Rebalanced audio to address issues with footsteps, ziplines, and jump jets.

Ranked League Series 2

You can check out the full details for Series 2 and learnings we got from Series 1 in our Ranked Blog here. Some highlights of the changes we’re making below.

Rewards for your placement in Ranked Leagues Series 1 will be available to you after downloading the update for Season 3.

We’ve adjusted the scoring for Series 2 that allows for more granularity for future improvements.

At the launch of Series 2 on 10/1 we’ll be doing a soft reset on everyone Ranked Position from Series 1. The reset will be 1.5 tiers. That means if you ended Series 1 in Gold II, you’ll be reset to Silver IV. Players in Platinum IV will be reset to Silver II, and Apex Predators will be reset to Platinum II.

Assists have been added to your overall score.

New HUD elements have been added to help players keep track of their in-match RP gains or losses.

Leaver Penalty: Players who abandon their teammates will be hit with a matchmaking penalty in both regular and Ranked matches. Penalties will result in a player being barred from joining a match for escalating amounts of time based on how often they have abandoned in Ranked. An abandon is defined as leaving the game before the match is over for you; this includes leaving during character select, leaving while you are alive, and leaving when you are dead but can still be respawned by teammates. Penalty times start out at five minutes, and repeat abandons will increase that time up to a week

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Pob said:

That’s quite a bump for the G7

A bit balanced out by the Hemlock being slower, but they’re my most reliable weapons so damage increase to both is nice.

First win on it last night, game three. 
Loving the new detailed map and wondered why I’d been dropped and then rez’d with half shields and armour. 

The train is nicely animated with it undulating over the tracks and the verticality of the flats and high rises, felt like Fortnite’s Tilted.

Had a few games last night, really enjoyable.  I'm still useless at it and get carried by good players.  Lots of top 3 finishes but unlikely to ever get a win, but always fun trying.  Its very slick map and runs great on the X. 

I think I'm too cautious in this, and yesterday I got my first season 3 win in a game where I did more than 1000 damage...for 1 kill (Scout double tap & a decent scope is great).
I like Crypto, his drone is basically the MAV from Battlefield. I suspect it'll make a massive difference in games with decent squads, knowing where everyone's coming from.

• Upvote 1

Apex is getting a timed Halloween event. Back to kings canyon where when you die you are respawned as the undead no perks or weapons just mele and able to climb walls to hunt down the other players.  When the last 10 are left they must team up to escape on an incoming drop ship ala titanfall 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-08-apex-legends-fight-or-fright-halloween-event-starts-next-week

• Upvote 1

I gotta ask, how's everyone finding the stability on PS4? I'm using a pro, and I'm lucky to finish five games without blue screening. It's a colossal pain in the ass, and I'm at the point where I'd even consider hopping over to PC despite my unlocks and purchases, with a goddamn controller since I can't use K&M with my setup, it's that bad.

I don't hear about console crashes a lot from random buzz, but it's screamingly awful for me.

I've had a bunch of blue screens on my base PS4 and I guy I was playing with got about 6 blue screens in 4 hours, it's definitely screwed. PC players have been getting crashes too.

As for the season, loving it. It may not keep me playing for weeks but the new map is great and such a breath of fresh air for the game. Ranked is fun and the new longer range meta is a nice change from R99 Peacekeeper every game. Charge rifle is OP but really fun to use, and a good Crypto is really handy on your team, even if I don't enjoy his playstyle much.

• Upvote 1

I’ve had a couple of blue screens but nothing concerning, this is on a pro. I’m also loving the new season, it took a little while to adjust but having to make more considered battlefield choices to come out   on top has really improved the longevity of the game.

As someone with 3500 matches on Kings Canyon, despite really wanting to love the new map, I just don’t - and I no longer look forward to sitting down to play Apex. 

I loved Kings Canyon. I mean, aesthetically it was a little bland. But the fact the map was smaller than any other BR was a great selling point, and seemed to really foster that quick slick play style that seemed to me to be at the core of what Apex was all about. I played a few days after the game dropped - it was never more apparent there that movement was king, and close quarters weapons were where it was at. It now appears to me that these things were not facets of Apex design philosophy and merely a result of the meta at the time. 

As much as WE looks beautiful, I can’t help but fall for its visual charm, it’s had a huge impact on the pace and flow of the game and gun fights in general. It just feels like Blackout. And to me that’s not really a good thing. 

Im just holding out some hope that incremental map changes - like those we saw to KC over the last 6 months, can hopefully tweak the game up a bit. 

On 11/10/2019 at 07:48, Phil said:

@Kayin Amoh, @Alan Stock

I've played a stupid amount on the PS4 Pro since last weekend (80 matches when I last checked) and I've not had a single crash. 

It seems really random. Some players (annoyingly, including me) get it a lot. Others say they get the odd crash in a blue moon.

Also, loving this season. I loved the last season too, mind, but I'm glad I'm enjoying this one since I'm not such a fan of long range encounters as a rule. It took a little getting used to, and the longer sight lines mean you need to be careful about skulkers, but once I adapted to these things and the greater need to push the ring early, it's a ton of fun. I don't know it it's better than King's Canyon from a gameplay perspective, but it has a totally different feel to it and is significantly more diverse.

And no, it doesn't feel like Blackout to me. That's an insult to Apex, because Blackout is not very good.