Jump to content
rllmuk
Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

What's the damage on that set up?

Headphones + audio card (Asus STX) would be about 330-350eu in total atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:

@VN1X tell us more about your bait and ambush tactics

Hah that''s mostly down to us 'having a good day' and getting lucky in the lobby I suppose. We've also had matches where we win a fight against 2 squads in quick succession but then a third swoops in and frags us while we are healing or looting. This time we were constantly in battle mode and didn't really care for better loot. 

 

That said the only 'tactic' that never seems to fail is: Empty a R99/R301 up close and then instead of reloading switch to your Spitfire/Peacekeeper to finish the job. Also: don't jump around like a fool up close. It seems simply strafing left to right is enough at the moment (while keeping your crosshair on the target) to mess with people's aim, especially when they're bouncing up and down the place themselves lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dt990s on Amazon are about £100 UK. Just need to watch the ohms as there are low to high impedance ones.  Had to get the mayflower arc DAC amp from US. There is no UK or EU wholesaler.

 

Did a lot of research in audio. To me its as important as a good graphics setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain to me why Wraith is good? Everyone who solos seems to use her, and I've had a good Wraith player kill our entire squad with a Wingman but I just don't get it.

 

You are actually still kind of visible using her "teleport", and its too short, and her ultimate rarely seems useful unless a squadmate is left behind. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Paintballer said:

She has the smallest hitbox so harder to hit.

 

Yeah, I did think that. Also, she ducks her head when she runs, which makes headshots near impossible from the rear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't played in a week. Went on this morning and won with two randoms. God a fully kitted out R-99 is a beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tomdominer said:

Can someone explain to me why Wraith is good? Everyone who solos seems to use her, and I've had a good Wraith player kill our entire squad with a Wingman but I just don't get it.

 

You are actually still kind of visible using her "teleport", and its too short, and her ultimate rarely seems useful unless a squadmate is left behind. :huh:

 

If used properly she's the easiest to play aggressively with. The fact that you're still slightly visible makes her ability shit for escaping, and its tough to see where her ult fits in. 

 

However, if you start using her ability mostly to advance on enemies, especially if there's already a firefight going on, it allows you to surprise people and get the drop on them constantly. Gibraltar does not expect you to suddenly become visible inside his shield while he's trying to heal. Similarly, the portal can be combined with the ability to place portals on either side of a squad, then you shoot them in the back and portal round to shoot them in the back again while they look at where you were. It can also block doors. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has Anyone used the Razer Kraken Tournament with Apex i find my gen 2 astro's to be rubbish for hearing in this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VN1X said:

 

 

That said the only 'tactic' that never seems to fail is: Empty a R99/R301 up close and then instead of reloading switch to your Spitfire/Peacekeeper to finish the job. Also: don't jump around like a fool up close. It seems simply strafing left to right is enough at the moment (while keeping your crosshair on the target) to mess with people's aim, especially when they're bouncing up and down the place themselves lol.

 

This is a great tip and one I've been noticing more: players switching guns instead of reloading. Hopefully it'll improve my kill rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broker said:

 

If used properly she's the easiest to play aggressively with. The fact that you're still slightly visible makes her ability shit for escaping, and its tough to see where her ult fits in. 

 

However, if you start using her ability mostly to advance on enemies, especially if there's already a firefight going on, it allows you to surprise people and get the drop on them constantly. Gibraltar does not expect you to suddenly become visible inside his shield while he's trying to heal. Similarly, the portal can be combined with the ability to place portals on either side of a squad, then you shoot them in the back and portal round to shoot them in the back again while they look at where you were. It can also block doors. 

 

Some nice tactical ideas there!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played with a randomer yesterday and they played as wraith brilliantly - near the end of the game we got into a fire fight in the tunnels - the player ran back and set a portal near the back and then up front where we were - meant we could zip through the portal to safely heal up and them jump back to the front line of the fire fight ready to go

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mawdlin said:

 

This is a great tip and one I've been noticing more: players switching guns instead of reloading. Hopefully it'll improve my kill rate.

 

Yeah that's definitely a great strategy. I remember the first time I saw my mate empty an AR mag into someone and then immediately switch to a pistol to finish them in BF4 and it blew my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paintballer said:

The dt990s on Amazon are about £100 UK. Just need to watch the ohms as there are low to high impedance ones.  Had to get the mayflower arc DAC amp from US. There is no UK or EU wholesaler.

 

Did a lot of research in audio. To me its as important as a good graphics setup.

 

I have 880s and a headphone amp, and they're amazing. I used to be really picky about headsets and changed them out a lot, but have used these for years. The soundscape is amazing, only downside is they leak a considerable amount of noise (due to being open-backed).

I have heard good things about 770s if you want closed back, but bear in mind they are supposed to be a bit bassier, so you might lose some detail in games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Broker said:

 

If used properly she's the easiest to play aggressively with. The fact that you're still slightly visible makes her ability shit for escaping, and its tough to see where her ult fits in. 

 

However, if you start using her ability mostly to advance on enemies, especially if there's already a firefight going on, it allows you to surprise people and get the drop on them constantly. Gibraltar does not expect you to suddenly become visible inside his shield while he's trying to heal. Similarly, the portal can be combined with the ability to place portals on either side of a squad, then you shoot them in the back and portal round to shoot them in the back again while they look at where you were. It can also block doors. 

 

I once used her ability to drop someone off the edge of the map, although that’s a niche use

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that even the more daft abilities in this can still occasionally give you a moment of glory:

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I was zip lining yesterday with the rest of my squad already fallen,  I saw an opponent quickly pop up at the end of the wire and set a portal. I didnt have time to react and flew through the portal to a welcome party of his two squad mates with shotguns who basically just executed me on the spot.  Genius tactic I admit begrudgingly. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played my first 5 or 6 games of this and it's pretty unforgiving as a beginner as if you don't know how to get weapons you get mowed down immediately if you drop into a high tier loot area.  Which you inevitably do as you have no idea where you are going and just follow the rest.

 

Also as a solo player on public no one plays as a team or its kids that go afk or sit outside the circle.  

 

It's got a steep curve this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tenrou said:

I played my first 5 or 6 games of this and it's pretty unforgiving as a beginner as if you don't know how to get weapons you get mowed down immediately if you drop into a high tier loot area.  Which you inevitably do as you have no idea where you are going and just follow the rest.

 

Also as a solo player on public no one plays as a team or its kids that go afk or sit outside the circle.  

 

It's got a steep curve this game.

If you're heading to a hot zone you can go solo at the end of the flight and drop to a nearby quieter area. Get tooled up and then join your team mates (who will hopefully be at the end of a firefight when enemies are weaker and sparser).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, you get more used to it you can move away.  I tried to stick with my team, not always being much use though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of ziplines, this was a genius switcheroo by my teammate, with an enemy squad between us and the circle and time running out.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably my favourite moment in all my games of Apex so far. And yeah, @RickyDVT, this is the reason I whooped on our second game together. Easier to show you than explain. :P

 

 

(Sorry about the potato quality.)

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might have overplayed this. Or rather, I think I might have overplayed this with randoms. 

 

The weird lack of team play, people diving into overpopulated areas (landing after 2 or 3 teams have already started looting), people going off on their own, choosing to check all the loot before reviving teammates, quitting as soon as they're downed, etc, etc. 

 

...Is killing half the games I play.

 

I hope they put a solo mode in OR give people the option of teaming up once you find people who play as a team (or both!) soon.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should allow you to rate players based on their team play and match you up with others by your actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The option to team up would be sufficient, a rating system would be open to abuse.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got kill leader earlier starting out at Water Treatment. Took out 3 squads single handed with an R99 and a Peacekeeper. Shame the rest of my team were potatoes - we died after the first ring closed at Crossroads. They opened fire on a squad who hadn’t seen us but had cover and higher ground. We were out in the open and I managed to take one of them out and ducked into a building to heal while they stayed outside and got eliminated caught in their own air strike :rolleyes: Sadly two of them came in and I killed Caustic but Mirage was right behind him :(

 

It’s a pity because my previous, winning team was legendary. One of them pushed as Wraith 100% of the time and was a great team player. He/ she got 17 kills and I got 1. I am mostly a potato. Sometimes I panic and hit R3 while I’m trying to snap aim and end up punching air instead of getting the finishing shot, and end up getting shot in the face through my clenched fist. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.