rllmuk
Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

I mean if you've burned that much on an Elite pad already, why not?

Just now, Benny said:

I mean if you've burned that much on an Elite pad already, why not?

I use the Elite pad every day, don't use the PS4 much any more. Can't everyone just come and play it on the Xbox?

I'll give it a go on the default pad and just put up with standing still momentarily while I swap to grenades or change my healing item, like everyone else has to!

So has this game got the 'legs' of fortnite does anyone reckon?

As good as it is, it doesn't have the cartoony graphics, dances, and 'pop culture' of fortnite, but it is definitely has better gameplay.

I think it there's a good chance it will stay popular enough to have a severe impact on the next COD game, but it will depend what they do next. I can't see it suiting the fortnite model of changing the map, but they'll need to keep content coming somehow. Sounds like there's new maps in the pipeline, as well as like ten more legends and more guns. 

I think it depends on how the season passes work. How are they going to entice people to keep playing? Are they going to change the map up? I don't play Fortnite, played about 3 games, but one of the ideas I really liked was the changes to the map that they introduced each season. Works better than PUBGs method of giving different maps that you have to learn your way around.

I certainly think it has the legs, EA and Respawn will continue to support it and it will have player base, whether it will ultimately beat out Fortnite is the only debatable part in this.

I've read that they're planning to introduce solo and duo mode. Anyone else think this is a mistake? One of the USPs is that everyone has to work in a team of three. I can't see how splitting the the player-base is to anyone's advantage given how well it works now. It's made me realise how much better battle royale works with a team of randos over going solo.

8 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I would imagine that at some point they’ll add jet packs and wall running. 

I would approve. But for that they would need to change the map around or release a new map. There are not many places in Kings Canyon that would suit wall running.

Maybe a combination of those two concepts and the way they add new maps is to have a new map designed to facilitate the addition of pilot abilities. There's definitely more maps coming though. Someone on Reddit pointed out the other day that a year ago someone posted this on 4chan:

571432628_nf6s2s8mhbj21(1).thumb.jpg.9b5580d551df0cf27ca868a90ecbdbe8.jpg

With details like the name. The leaker mentions that this is just one of the maps they're developing. 

Speaking of leaks, here's a new Legend:

octane_leak_1.thumb.jpg.349cce93f1765da999a627e1879bd696.jpg

nt60ofiaj8j21.thumb.jpg.d0009c77d9c9d590f028e8ca414e8b8f.jpg

I don't think they're aiming for the under 12s (a large part of the Fortnite demographic) but clearly there is some crossover. For me Apex is hands down better for tactics and game feel.

I imagine it'll hold its own with more Legends and maps.

Interesting that Epic has already stolen the ping system.

28 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I would imagine that at some point they’ll add jet packs and wall running. 

I think it's much more likely that we'll see things like that as special abilities in new characters. It seems like Octane basically uses the Titanfall's stim ability for example.

3 hours ago, Benny said:

I'm starting to get sick of Lifeline players that don't res you when it's safe or don't bother using their heal drone on the team when it's obvious we all need healing. Or that don't bother to bring their care package down after hoarding the Ult accelerants.

Haha i had a game yesterday with @sjvinnie i had about half health with no stimpacks and i was pinging for health for ages and this randomer lifeline wasnt having any of it.untill about 5 min later where he drops me a..... phonix shield:lol::lol:

Like really?? What u saving it for just drop it down for me:lol:

• Upvote 1

It won't take Fortnite's crown but I think it'll keep a share of the BR market. I expect new maps and Legends in the pipeline, plus waaay more cosmetics of a higher quality. I think this game has more staying power than Black Ops and its higher octane gameplay appeals to slightly different tastes than the other Battle Royales. They won't be able to match Epic's output but as long as they keep putting out new content fairly regularly I think the game will do fine.

• Upvote 1

Ive seen clickbait articles regarding two new characters,octane and someone else,one has health regen when not attacked and increased moving speed.had some great wins with r99 too lovely little gun it is8-)

Jesus Christ I’m hopelessly addicted to this game. It’s all I can think about. Every now and again the sci-fi hook bee-doo-bee-doo comes into my head and I get goosebumps. 

Help!

• Upvote 2

Yep I too am hopelessly addicted it's so much fun. @Soi and I just had some wonderful rounds with the highlight being a win where Soi got the winning kill with a longbow skullpiercer headshot. What was wonderful is we had a level 4 rando with us who followed and pinged nicely and even saved our arses near the end when we got rushed from behind, a game that is fun and encourages and rewards teamwork, it's great!

• Upvote 3

95% of the randoms I've dealt with have been brain dead sub human pig fuckers. Its starting to really be a real pain in my balls.

• Upvote 1

Didn't play much today but got a win:

LVToV0T.jpg

Spitfire + Prowler, both with purple attachments + Bloodhound = cheating. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Another victory this evening. There should be a trophy/achievement for doing this. Unconventional. 

BC6DC745-E768-42F7-BFDC-15706C07819D.jpeg

This is amazing, please describe the end.

Dripping with success after three wins yesterday. Went back to COD Blackout to try the new content and just felt so sluggish after this. 

7 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Another victory this evening. There should be a trophy/achievement for doing this. Unconventional. 

BC6DC745-E768-42F7-BFDC-15706C07819D.jpeg

What....? How.....?

My guess is, started far out on the map, lots of the teams die early on hot drops. Loot as you go, don't get close to other teams. During one of the last circles the last remaining teams fight as its closing. The survivor/s are killed by the circle. I've been in slow games where you don't run into people until the last few circles and by then it's usually 3 or 4 teams left, so it's entirely possible. 

• Upvote 2

Presumably the last player was killed by the circle or a last-ditch grenade or gas canister or something. 

On 01/03/2019 at 14:14, Floshenbarnical said:

I believe Sony just released an Xbox-style pad. There are also PS4 pads you can buy that have paddles, and wee stick extenders on Amazon for a couple of bucks/ quid. 

Wat?!