rllmuk
Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

5 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Yep pretty lucky! I've taken the week off work and playing Apex in the daytime, and the quality of randoms in the afternoon is awful, I think its just kids. 

I've experienced the same, between 3 and 6 is really bad for randoms.

On 27/02/2019 at 09:52, Down by Law said:

this happened to me the first time I played as Pathfinder and i thought wow they really made a good job of making the characters feel different , no wonder he needs the zipline :lol:

Good to know I'm not going completely insane!

On 27/02/2019 at 09:33, Mawdlin said:

I need gun advice because there are so many options.

What combos do people like?

Carbine, Peacekeeper. 

I think RPS were pretty bang on with this, which balances DPS against recoil etc etc:

GuF3kF9.jpg

Also I seem to have more success with the Alternator these days than the other SMGs, as long I have extended mag. It just feels really easy to use.

Aaaaaand I'm fairly sure they don't factor in hop ups and the like there. Extended heavy and autofire turns the prowler from an irritating liability (admit it, you've been in a do or die gunfight and thought it was full auto by default) into a murder machine.

• Upvote 1

Yeah start adding attachments into the mix and that list gets mashed around. Its all personal preference and the kind of range you want to play as. When I'm Wraith I like to use Peacekeeper and R99 because I can get in close easily, when I'm a less mobile Legend I like stuff like R301, Longbow, Devotion, Havok etc. With SMGs I know this guy who is a total beast with the Prowler and almost never uses the R99 for example.

That is an odd list. I think the Havoc and Devotion are too high.

To put the Spitfire on the level with the worst guns is crazy. Little recoil and a huge clip makes the Spitfire one of the most forgiving guns in the game, and when things get hectic being forgiving can mean getting the kill. The Devotion on the other hand takes an age to start shooting and then when it ramps up it sprays everywhere. Once you've factored the relative scarcity of energy ammo, to rank the Devotion among the best guns and the Spitfire the worst seems wrong.

The Havoc is ok, but I still don't like its slow start up. I'd take a Flatline over a Havoc all day. I also quite like the Hemloc, though it is definitely among the weaker guns.

• Upvote 1

I assume they just mean that is the relative ranking for the Spitfire versus the other LMG, not that it compares in ranking to a Mozambique. It's a very oddly designed infographic.

Sorry to sound daft but how do you mute players on PS4? I've had the full shebang now, whining french kids and furious yanks - all berating my lack of skill.

I need my silence (I'm a fragile little flower)

Bring up inventory, tab right to Squad, click on the mic icon under their name.

I don't know if you can globally mute on a system level (and not at PS4 to check). If you can't, then you could always start a party chat with just you in it. That would mute all game chat.

• Upvote 1

Any PS4 players on tonight? Been on PC but fancy some gaming in front of the TV.

5 minutes ago, Benny said:

Any PS4 players on tonight? Been on PC but fancy some gaming in front of the TV.

I will at about 7.

PSN: Pangram

35 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I will at about 7.

PSN: Pangram

Ahh sorry for not responding to your invites over the past few days you've always caught me when I'm squadded up. Hopefully we'll get to play soon.

In regards to guns here is a different list with Spitfire in the top group, I would have the scout in A personally, it's very versatile and has great dps though not the easiest to use. It's all personal preference though.

S Mastiff, Peacekeeper, Spitfire, Wingman

A Kraber, Longbow, Devotion, R-301, R-99, Hemlok, EVA-8Auto, Havoc

B Flatline, Triple Take, G7 Scout

C Alternator, RE-45, Prowler

D P2020

E Mozambique

And then a further list! I think this shows that most guns have their place and it's mainly down to preference.

image.png.adbece0a5f9900ca19e1c60fd09c2831.png

@Soi Re: The Spitfire, I was just playing with Alan and a guy unloaded a whole clip of the spitfire at me and missed every shot which made me laugh, poor guy, so much wasted ammo.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Minion said:

Ahh sorry for not responding to your invites over the past few days you've always caught me when I'm squadded up. Hopefully we'll get to play soon.

@Soi

Don't worry! Generally when I start I just invite whoever is on with the hope of getting a team of two or three. If you can't accept don't worry. Likewise invite me whenever you want and if I'm not in a team I'll join.

• Upvote 1

The Wingman is top of most lists and I've never even tried it beyond initial pickup. I will be giving it a go tonight.

I love how this game gets you back into the action after a squad wipe out within two minutes. Phenomenal work by Respawn/EA.

• Upvote 1

On 27/02/2019 at 17:11, VN1X said:

14 was my personal best and I think our squad best is 29 or something. 

Proof for all you doubters. :angry:

yGIG3yx.jpg

That said I feel like "damage dealt" is far more important though. Sure it's nice getting the last shot on someone but reducing their health down to that stage takes more work imo. 

1 hour ago, Mawdlin said:

The Wingman is top of most lists and I've never even tried it beyond initial pickup. I will be giving it a go tonight 

I found a clip of me using the Wingman:

Spoiler

25AE2E27-5F1D-4787-BDD0-182F7ED2FB83.gif

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Pob said:

I found a clip of me using the Wingman:

Hide contents

25AE2E27-5F1D-4787-BDD0-182F7ED2FB83.gif

Yeah that sums up my shooting accuracy.

a week of coming second was driving me nuts, had a fantastic win with  the loot muncher slipper wizard @RickyDVT and curry king the cool cucumber @Minion end game rush was a considered smoke filled flank affair. 

Nothing comes near this for me and its gone back to cod4, mw2 excitement, and its all I want to play.

• Upvote 5

After a series of frustrating matches lasting about 30 seconds, I unexpectedly got on a winning team and even snagged the final kill myself for the first time ever, using the Wingman no less.

After a less than promising start when I needed respawning shortly after dropping and then lagging behind by team as I tried to rearm myself, I ended up being the saviour when I came late to a battle to mop up two weakened enemies and rescue my buddies, reviving one and respawning the other.

When it was down to three squads we were right in the circle but heard the other two squads duking it out some way off, so hightailed it over to take advantage of the conflict. Sure enough there was only a downed bloke and a Mirage left. My teammates flushed him out of his hidey hole while I flanked and finished him off.

• Upvote 3

The respawn system is amazing. After getting killed in three seconds, watching some fucking hero keep your game going is amazing. But its nothing compared to being that hero, levelling a whole squad, fighting your way to the beacon and saving your team, even if they've usually disconnected by that point :lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

Agree with that, those little spy missions you get when a sole team member stealthily rescues both of his teammates are as satisfying as getting a win for me.

• Upvote 4

The ziplines in this are so much fun too, epecially those that jet you over the map. I didn't even realise you could do that until I'd played about 40 games.

This game is distilled pleasure.

I'm going to have to download the PS4 version of this, there are so many more people playing it than on XB1. Thing is, the XB1 Elite pad was designed for twitch shooters like this so it's going to be a comedown. I use pretty much all the extra pad functions in this game - hair triggers for quicker firing, raised right stick for more accurate aim, paddles for equipping grenades and health items without having to stop moving. I even started playing wired just to get a tiny latency reduction! Doubt it actually makes an appreciable difference though.

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Agree with that, those little spy missions you get when a sole team member stealthily rescues both of his teammates are as satisfying as getting a win for me.

I rescued @Thread Astaire from an incredibly Hot Zone using Wraith, even if they did sadly end up pursuing us to the respawn beacon and wiping us all out when he respawned. Still #feltgoodman