Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

4 minutes ago, macosx said:

I'm just thankful there's a third Titanfall coming.

... you just know that with this and Respawn’s Starwars game out later this year, Titanfall 3 will probably launch between Battlefield 6 and COD 2020, probably as a console exclusive on Xbox Two :seanr:

3 minutes ago, Minion said:

Solo play? I'm interested now.

Why wouldn’t they have included solo play? I don’t get why people jumped to that conclusion.

4 minutes ago, KriessG said:

Why wouldn’t they have included solo play? I don’t get why people jumped to that conclusion.

Because you could have a fucking bullet point list of every feature in the game and RLLMUK would still argue about what was in there.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, KriessG said:

No conclusions jumped to that's just the info that was available, it did seem a strange choice hence my hesitance at even bothering to try it.

42 minutes ago, KriessG said:

The first post in this thread stated "Matches will consist of teams of three working together to be the last team standing. How many maps there will be, and how many teams per match, isn't clear or divulged. However, TheQuatering notes there will be different classes to play as". As the only info that I could see at the time was that post, you can see someone might be concerned that there might not be solo play.

We have to sit through four fucking hours of this bollocks before they do anything? Someone at Respawn and EA sat down and agreed "Yep. This will get them hyped" "They won't hate us at all chaps"

Just now, Flub said:

We have to sit through four fucking hours of this bollocks before they do anything? 

No, you can just leave it and go do something else and then come back at 8pm.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Strafe said:

No, you can just leave it and go do something else and then come back at 8pm.

But what if something impressive happens while I'm gone? ;)

Seriously though. In what planet was this a good idea. They might as well have just said "Join us at 8 for the reveal".

• Downvote 1

So are we still expecting this to release today? Assuming not because why all this reveal bollocks and not just drop the game if that was the case?

12 minutes ago, Flub said:

Seriously though. In what planet was this a good idea. They might as well have just said "Join us at 8 for the reveal".

In fairness, they did.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strafe said:

In fairness, they did.

Yeah but when they said tease I don't think anyone was expecting this :)

I'm still super hyped btw. I suspect a sci-fi themed BR game is my best chance at getting hooked on the genre and Respawn deserves a win with this IP. Wouldn't a launch today be a huge slap in the face for Bioware though?

I'm excited - my surround sound headset is ready to go. (For anyone struggling with Battle Royale, they make a huge difference...)

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Flub said:

They have 30k people watching what is basically a screenshot and losing their shit in the process. This thing will be at the top of twitch come 8PM so yeah... I think that guy who thought of this just got a raise. :P

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Flub said:

Wouldn't a launch today be a huge slap in the face for Bioware though?

How so?

22 minutes ago, VN1X said:

How so?

Stealing their thunder. Especially if Respawn have made a fantastic game.

C'mon guys, you're slipping. That map image has been up for half an hour now and nobody's posted a scathing comment about how it's the worst thing ever.

;)

THEORY

The repulser tower (seen in TF1, fact fans) will be the basis for the blue storm/electric field thing that shrinks the playing area.

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Map's shit.

I'm liking the greenery, most Battle Royale's only have very open areas with little natural cover. And then you've got Mad Max land in the bottom right, and some valleys on the left. Why do you think it's shit? It looks really varied and interesting to me.

The only thing which has annoyed me is that I was off work today but I'm back tomorrow!