Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

Yes! Imagine getting rewarded for not browsing every loot box before reviving your teammates. Or leaving items in the boxes around the respawn ship docks instead of taking all the best bits and leaving your team mates with double Mozambiques to defend themselves from AR fire with. 

• Upvote 2

Week 1 - Challenges

• Revive a teammate
  • Ping a high value item for your team
  • Don't quit back to lobby the second you're killed [HARD]
  • Stay with the jumpmaster and don't immediately veer off on your own to the blue light at the first opportunity  [HARD]
  • Remain in the game and just select another character if someone else chooses Wraith first [ULTRA HARD]
  • Upvote 2

Holy shit the skins are bad in the battle pass, I honestly thought this was a meme when I first saw it, but its real!

LSFFdyNakc2is6Askd7m6e.jpg

The Apex subreddit has reacted as you might expect, my favourite response being this:

Apex is a great game but if they want people to invest actual money into it long term, they're going to have to do a lot better than this.

I do see where they are coming from with the lack of challenges etc. At the start of the games' life you don't want to be promoting certain playstyles, and with so many brand new players you dont want to gate off content via difficulty either. But the problem is the battlepass doesn't offer much aside from the rubbish skins, some apex packs and some stat trackers.

It's fine though, I'm sure Apex is already profitable just from people wasting hundreds of dollars trying to get the Wraith heirloom pack. Heirlooms are going to be the stealth cash cow for this game.

1 hour ago, little che said:

It was on ps4 and yes it did happen twice near the market. And it wasn't the balloon zip, they flew up into the air from the floor and probably flew about twenty feet upwards and thirty or forty feet forwards. 

Yeah those are the jump pads that octane will have there’s four around the market at present. 

Good timing as I'd just saved enough red coins for a second additional legend, and wasn't that keen on Caustic.

The menu for the "Custom Look Controls" on console is pretty comprehensive.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pledge said:

Just had someone swear at me and then quit because I picked Octane first.

Predictable, I haven't encountered that yet, it's luck of the draw ffs, people are cunts.

The BP is grindtastic. Played a pretty long game and got to nearlyblast squad and got 5000 BO points. It takes nearly 30,000 just to go from level one to two.