Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

The third random in a row just suddenly dropped from our game.

You kind of know how it’s going to play out when they instantly peel off from the drop.

Spotted an enemy

I’m shooting

I’m taking fire here

They got me

Excessive spamming of ping button

Quit

Still got the win though.

D728B5A8-925C-4E37-9F49-AD23C51D5E53.jpeg

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

The looking for group posts are full of tryhard, pretentious cunts. All the posts are like. "must be level 50, average 4 kills a game, be good etc etc"

Even if you join a more chilled group the people will whine and complain because you missed a shot. 

i made a looking for group post asking for some adults who are not up thier own arse and they joined and were twats and quit after one game because they didnt win. 

My experience of the community is that its full of little shitheads or twats.

I've seen some posts saying that you need to be level X or whatever but it hasn't been the majority of them, at all. 

I've had some good games though looking for group. Must have just got lucky. 

Had interesting randoms yesterday.

Dropping into the Airfield, I had to change my flight path upon landing as a group of 3 landed exactly where I was going and tried to latch onto the zipline rope mid flight. Doesn't work from the initial airdrop so I fell off the side like a dunce to my death.

So, I screwed up. That's on me. I switched over to my team mate's viewpoint via death cam to see him punching my dead box, doing a little teabag thing, then trotting off to load up despite the respawn beacon right beside him. I decided to stay and see how it went, and was quite gratified to see him and his equally culpable team mate get chewed to bits about a minute and a half later.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Theholyhogg said:

:lol: everytime i get the golden knockdown shield and use it,everyone kills me instantly to pinch it off me :lol:

What a play @Minion:sealclap:

Haha thanks! Yeah I'm not sure why he didn't kill me I even activated the shield showing it was a gold revive shield, he was clearly confused. I like that my wraith seemed to notice what I was doing and go forward flashing his shield to distract him whilst I revived :)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Had interesting randoms yesterday.

Dropping into the Airfield, I had to change my flight path upon landing as a group of 3 landed exactly where I was going and tried to latch onto the zipline rope mid flight. Doesn't work from the initial airdrop so I fell off the side like a dunce to my death.

So, I screwed up. That's on me. I switched over to my team mate's viewpoint via death cam to see him punching my dead box, doing a little teabag thing, then trotting off to load up despite the respawn beacon right beside him. I decided to stay and see how it went, and was quite gratified to see him and his equally culpable team mate get chewed to bits about a minute and a half later.

I love the game. It's like crack to me, but I'm wanting to play less and less with randoms. If they put solo or duos in, all be all over it.

I've lost count how many times I've been totally fucked by randoms pissing off in their own direction while I'm dropping us in and I just get overrun by a squad when I'm alone. Or randoms that don't use the ping system at all, either I get killed because they didn't warn of enemies they were chasing or all of a sudden when they're dead they spam pings like crazy.

I had another the other day that helped me clear a squad. The 3rd player on the squad downed me. Team mate killed him. Team mate then sat near me and waited for me to bleed out. Took all of my good stuff and fucked off.

• Empathy 1

51 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

I love the game. It's like crack to me, but I'm wanting to play less and less with randoms. If they put solo or duos in, all be all over it.

I've lost count how many times I've been totally fucked by randoms pissing off in their own direction while I'm dropping us in and I just get overrun by a squad when I'm alone. Or randoms that don't use the ping system at all, either I get killed because they didn't warn of enemies they were chasing or all of a sudden when they're dead they spam pings like crazy.

I had another the other day that helped me clear a squad. The 3rd player on the squad downed me. Team mate killed him. Team mate then sat near me and waited for me to bleed out. Took all of my good stuff and fucked off.

Augh, the no ping thing is the absolute worst. When you hear gunfire behind a wall and you can't see which way the enemy's shooting from, or when one of your team mates REALLY wants the kill to himself and suddenly disappears from view, only to be massacred seconds later. My approach is simple. if I see someone, I ping. If I think someone's in a direction but haven't actually seen them, I do that 'someone's been here' thing to keep my squad on edge.

I do the ping spam when downed as well, usually they're weak from the encounter and I don't want them moving away and hiding / healing in the meantime.

As for everyone buggering off in all directions, it depends on severity. Obviously you don't all want to be scavenging the same building, but there's been a ton of examples where team mates bugger off into adjacent zones. If they can't trot back to you within five to ten seconds once it all kicks off, they're too far away imo.

Also, I hope that last bastard you mentioned got annihilated shortly after. Haven't had it happen to me yet, but it's bound to sooner or later.

On 13/03/2019 at 09:18, Kayin Amoh said:

No word yet, but it's pretty much a sure bet. I'm hoping for something like that IMC base from Titanfall 1 at night.

Yeah, the way they have framed it, with the map being selectable and named and even your PSN player's list saying Tomdominer "is playing Squads on Kings Canyon" implies that new game modes and maps are incoming. Amazing to think this is kind of a "minimum viable product" version of the game.

1 hour ago, Kayin Amoh said:

As for everyone buggering off in all directions, it depends on severity. Obviously you don't all want to be scavenging the same building, but there's been a ton of examples where team mates bugger off into adjacent zones. If they can't trot back to you within five to ten seconds once it all kicks off, they're too far away imo.

I mean when I'm jumpmaster and they breakaway solo and fly off to a totally different zone. I have no idea why they would do that, it just fucks your entire squad. Stick with your jumpmaster!

Or when the random jumpmaster just goes straight down out of the drop ship. Well done fucker. You just dropped us into a fucking boxing match.

Pretty much why I haven't gone back to it. I'm terrible for arranging games with friends or even hopping into people on my friends list who's playing because I hate to intrude. All the woes with randoms just sound like anti-fun.

9 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

I mean when I'm jumpmaster and they breakaway solo and fly off to a totally different zone. I have no idea why they would do that, it just fucks your entire squad. Stick with your jumpmaster!

Or when the random jumpmaster just goes straight down out of the drop ship. Well done fucker. You just dropped us into a fucking boxing match.

To be fair, I've done STRAIGHT down a few times, and you rarely run into people. Its usually the nearest high tier loot zone that is a total clusterfoxtrot.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Pretty much why I haven't gone back to it. I'm terrible for arranging games with friends or even hopping into people on my friends list who's playing because I hate to intrude. All the woes with randoms just sound like anti-fun.

Add me, and other people from the rllmuk spreadsheet and just invite one of us to game. I've won many more matches that way. A much nicer experience.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's great just throwing a few invites out and seeing who's free. That said, I've got a few wins recently with randoms, sometimes you just luck out.

Someone on Reddit (where else) has cranked out a study to show how bad randoms on average are:

I mean... Jesus Christ. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Another question: What exactly is the allure of the Market? I was almost tempted to call it an idiot magnet after three drops in a row to the bloody place - the loot is usually garbage, and a lot of players seem to drop in there are once.

3 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Another question: What exactly is the allure of the Market? I was almost tempted to call it an idiot magnet after three drops in a row to the bloody place - the loot is usually garbage, and a lot of players seem to drop in there are once.

It's got a lot of loot in a small space (and it's usually a blue or purple loot zone) which lets you tool up fast, then you can loot the town next door. Be sure to check all the nooks and crannies. I think people like it due to the central location, it's close to skull town so you can go there to mop up, or through the caves to the centre of the map. Its a good drop for coordinated squads too because of its layout - its much less likely you'll be mobbed or shot from behind, unlike open places like skull town, and its much easier to rescue your buddies if they come under fire. But when there are more than 2 squads landing there at once it can turn into a shitshow, and if your buddies die in there but you get out it can be a bitch to recover their banners. Often if you lose the first fight there your squad's getting eliminated because its super hard to escape, so its got a quick turnover if you lose. Usually when I drop there I'm alone or with 1 other enemy squad, unless the dropship is passing right overhead Market or starting over skull town. You have to be a bit wary of how many people are dropping skull town as a lot of the time folk will chicken out to Market instead if they see skull town's gonna be too crazy.

I’ve started dropping hot more often just for practice, especially when solo queuing - I get sick of dropping long, getting tooled up, and then getting mown down the second I get into a fight ten minutes later. It’s paid off, slightly, although I had a game earlier where I caught Lifeline looting, I had purple shields, hit her many times with the Wingman in the back and she turned around and essentially one-shotted me with a burst from (probably) a Prowler or R99. 

Also so gives you more time to loot if you drop early, so you run less risk of chasing the orange wall and ending up situationally disadvantaged.

I love the supply ship. I don’t always drop there but when I do it’s straight to that spot on the roof at the bow where there usually seems to be purple armor and a good weapon. Then you can jump down and roast people jogging around empty handed. 

• Upvote 1

Well that was fun, found a gold backpack, lovingly upgraded my Wingman, had a decent shotgun - everyone was pretty well prepared for battle... Then, dead. Our first engagement and he just instantly headshot all 3 of us with his pistol whilst teleporting around the place with Lifeline. If anything kills this game it'll be hackers.

• Empathy 4

Won a game playing with my friend from down the road for the first time. He’s pretty good but he had a bad run - 1 kill and downed twice, the last time in combat with the final opponent. I managed to show pretty well with 4 kills and a few assists. I got the last kill using Bloodhound’s alt and dousing Caustic through his gas with Spitfire bullets. Felt good man, especially as we hadn’t played together before. The victory music that repeats that epic electronic motif gets me super pumped up. I have a job interview on Monday and if I get it I’m going to play that as I drive out of the car park - the whole album is on Spotify if anyone needs a nerdy boost to their day. I sort of want to make a video meme about minor victories, like running late for work in the morning and finding that you do have that one last pair of pants in the drawer - cue victory music. YOU ARE THE CHAMPION!

I think the Spitfire is my favorite gun right now - it’s perfect for mid-long range and pairs  well with the R99/ Peacekeeper like smoked duck and a glass of Burgundy. 

• Upvote 2

I love the game but still finding it very hard. I play with other ‘average older gamers’ so we are shite aim but reasonably sensible and get to the last 2 often. We just shit ourselves then and get wiped out lots, regardless if in good defensive positions or whatever. Personally I seem to panic in the last 2 and mess up shields, smoke, reloading or whatever. Can’t seem to stay calm and only 2 wins under my belt. But the speed into next game and smoothness keep me playing! 

The map does need work to make swamp and that whole end of the map more appealing as it’s just a boring slog to get out of there I usually drop at radar on the NE edge or water treatment in the W.

2 hours ago, fattakin said:

I love the game but still finding it very hard. I play with other ‘average older gamers’ so we are shite aim but reasonably sensible and get to the last 2 often. We just shit ourselves then and get wiped out lots, regardless if in good defensive positions or whatever. Personally I seem to panic in the last 2 and mess up shields, smoke, reloading or whatever. Can’t seem to stay calm and only 2 wins under my belt. But the speed into next game and smoothness keep me playing! 

This is essentially me. I actually find getting kills more rewarding than getting to the last two squads or even winning. Last night I dropped with only one team mate but he/she quit leaving me on my tod. I skulked around the map  tooling up and watching other squads wiping each other out, dealing out the odd bit of damage here and there in the confusion. So I'm in the last two but didn't stand a chance against the last three players who hunted me down like a pig. Felt good to survive so long but getting a kill is where my adrenaline rush is.

Swamp is a bitching area to drop but it's like a little secret at the moment...

There's tonnes of loot and a lot of elevation which makes any engagement pretty easy to control plus it's only a couple ballon rides away from most action areas.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mawdlin said:

This is essentially me. I actually find getting kills more rewarding than getting to the last two squads or even winning. Last night I dropped with only one team mate but he/she quit leaving me on my tod. I skulked around the map  tooling up and watching other squads wiping each other out, dealing out the odd bit of damage here and there in the confusion. So I'm in the last two but didn't stand a chance against the last three players who hunted me down like a pig. Felt good to survive so long but getting a kill is where my adrenaline rush is.

Average older gamers unite!

Just had a really good round, infact perhaps my favorite match so far. As a team we just jelled so well; we got caught so far out of the circle it was crazy and it was a real struggle to get back in, I tried to use a big health pack and underestimated the time it'd take so ended up going down, the other guy helped me up and the third uses his medibot and by that time my Ult was up so we ziplined into the distant Circle.

Then there was this shootout where they were all sniping off the top of this building and we were running for cover car by car until eventually we managed to get even higher than them and I leeroyed in with my autoshotty whilst the other's sniped and finished them off.

It was good! :)

Think I might just go back to Titanfall 2. Every single game of this is either everyone on the server losing to a level 5 aimbot with 100+ kills, or chaperoning two six year olds into the hotzone where they die instantly. It's borderline unplayable at the moment until they sort some of this out. Meanwhile the TF2 playerbase has jumped significantly and the quality of players is up a lot. It's no longer purely Origin access players who have stumbled into the multiplayer and make you feel guilty for killing them over and over!