Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

24 minutes ago, Mars said:

No Titans?! 

Next from EA... Need for Speed, without the cars - just some race drivers running about a track.

Needforspeedtheruncover.jpg.8c8bfbe4805861a5a80d9892233fb660.jpg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, the marmolade said:

This kinda explain why EA has been harassing me for the past 2 week about a testing session lol.

Also ZhugeEXtreme commented about the parkour stuff:

image.thumb.png.2a5badd517dec5778b0c9a3b0b8ac266.png

No wall-running apparently. :(

ZhugeEX calling out a member here :P

I think it's worth waiting to see the game in action first.
Yes there are no Titans and things like wall riding are not in the current iteration of the game. But a lot of the features and core feel of Titanfall 2 is still there. There is elements of parkour in the game. I think the Edge editor is wrong to say there is 'no parkour'.
Game will be 60fps on consoles too.
The nod to R6S is primarily because of how the game has in depth characters that you can customise.
Also the game will have a tutorial mode to ease people in.

Also given that the name is supposedly Apex Legends, people can now stop moaning about the lack of falling Titans. This is like a repeat of the Federation Force reception.

I mean it's free, so that's cool, but the use of the Titanfall license is just odd. I can't think of an EA property less fitting for a battle royal game type. Dead Space royale next? 

They own 3 major shooter brands, two of them now have a BR mode, which only leaves Battlefront 3 to incorporate it to complete the set before the license is up for renewal.

F2P BR game set in the Titanfall universe? I'll give it a try. If nothing else there's the chance it'll raise the profile of the core Titanfall series. Not convinced even EA would throw Bioware to the wolves like this though so the timing might not be as described

I don't know what people are pissing and moaning about. I don't like Fortnite et al but even I'm quite looking forward to giving this a try.

It's free so even if it sucks (hopefully it won't) it's cost me nothing.

Could just be a passer-by, much in the same way people like to post stuff from ResetEra and before it NeoGAF without being an active member there, discussion isn't behind a hidden membership wall.

I do sometimes see the odd thing from here on there, mainly Edge magazine threads ironically enough, given this latest incident.

Anyway, you can blame somebody with the hacker alias of Magic Mushroom for outing you to the wider world.

59 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Respawn hold the best fps feel title in both gunplay and movement,  have done ever since Medal of Honor. All other fps just feel a bit off in comparison. This will be good.

yeah but someone on the internet promised titans then took them away there's no titans and no some parkour and I'd like to forget how good the shooting in Titanfall was and instead say Titan Fail   hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. 

This thread is amazing.   

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

This might be announced via a Superbowl advert.

Decent shout actually. Frighteningly expensive but quite a statement and if you’re after the Fortnite crowd it actually makes sense. 

I realise it’s a very cynical bit of buzzword bingo but I’m looking forward to this. Respawn know their onions. 

• Upvote 3

This is Respawn; the Doc and Shroud are involved, quit whining you blonde- banged, chubby-cheeked non athletic punks. Going to be good.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

2 minutes ago, df0 said:

Nice, who and who?

2 of the biggest streamers in the interwebs. One dresses up in a wig, body armour and sunglasses to stream video games for some reason.

• Upvote 1

Titanfall = :wub:

Battle Royal = :angry:

Why does everything from Planetside to Battlefield to Titanfall have to be turned into a bloody BR game. I find BR utterly boring. :(

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, koefoed said:

Titanfall = :wub:

Battle Royal = :angry:

Why does everything from Planetside to Battlefield to Titanfall have to be turned into a bloody BR game. I find BR utterly boring. :(

It's entirely possible that if this is a success it could lead to regular multiplayer modes as well. I'm sure Respawn are well aware of how highly regarded Titanfall is. I suspect doing a BR game was the way they got EA to greenlight this in the first place.

1 hour ago, Flub said:

It's entirely possible that if this is a success it could lead to regular multiplayer modes as well. I'm sure Respawn are well aware of how highly regarded Titanfall is. I suspect doing a BR game was the way they got EA to greenlight this in the first place.

If they add a 30 v 30 mode, that will be Titanfall business as normal but with the grunts replaced by Fortnite fans.

44 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

2 of the biggest streamers in the interwebs. One dresses up in a wig, body armour and sunglasses to stream video games for some reason.

$$$$$