Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

I applaud EA for the brave move of taking away the actual USP of a property. Just imagine the wonders we could have if other publishers were so bold.

Earth Traffic Enforcement Force - the giant ants are extinct so the EDF have all been assigned to parking ticket duties instead.

Stand Stand Revolution - stand for a bit on a mat in silence until you get bored and wander off.

Pokegone - due to a chronic fur allergy Ash has to get a job at the local supermarket instead.

• Upvote 6

So it's a game designed for the new era where YouTubers and Twitch influencers call the shots:

It will be announced this weekend. It will be immediately playable on Monday. It will feature 3 man teams with 60 people. It will be free to play with micro transaction cosmetics through payment or in game currency. You will earn more in game currency with higher placements. It will feature around 5 different characters with 2 additional available through in game currency. Each character will have different attributes to balance each other out similiar to overwatch. High profile Streamers have been playing a closed beta this week. This is also the reason why shroud and Dr disrespect have been playing Titan Fall 2 recently. That is all for now.

EA's true answer for the Battle Royale genre.

Well, that was fun while it lasted. 

Still interested to see what they offer though, I like Blackout so am up for trying another spin on the theme. 

8 minutes ago, Dave White said:

No Titans, No parkour? Wow what a superb idea for Titanfall Battle Royal game, so its basically blackout but rubbish.

Oh come on, at least wait and see what it is and give it a chance. It’s only regular old internet speculation that’s made you assume it would have Titans in it.

If it isn’t Titanfall by name and just set in that universe, there’s still a good chance it’ll offer something new and interesting.

12 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I applaud EA for the brave move of taking away the actual USP of a property. Just imagine the wonders we could have if other publishers were so bold.

Earth Traffic Enforcement Force - the giant ants are extinct so the EDF have all been assigned to parking ticket duties instead.

Stand Stand Revolution - stand for a bit on a mat in silence until you get bored and wander off.

Pokegone - due to a chronic fur allergy Ash has to get a job at the local supermarket instead.

You do realise the entire USP of Earth Defense Force has been already jettisoned in multiple commercial spin-offs? ;) so EA are just copying other publishers in doing some brand extensioning, it's worked for Nintendo.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

Oh come on, at least wait and see what it is and give it a chance. It’s only regular old internet speculation that’s made you assume it would have Titans in it.

If it isn’t Titanfall by name and just set in that universe, there’s still a good chance it’ll offer something new and interesting.

Can’t help being cynical like. 

Taken the  best bits out of the game and what makes it unique. 

6 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Hey if this, somehow, increases the budget available for TiFa3 then I'm all for it! 

Could have the reverse effect too! 

3 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Free game about to be released by the makers of Titanfall - everyone moans.

Free game about to be released by the makers of Titanfall that sounds nothing like Titanfall. 

It's hard not to be disappointed that the premise is 'BR Titanfall without the bits that made Titanfall incredible'

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Have we even had any confirmation it’s actually Respawn making this?

Nope.

Edit: Actually...

Not sure how trustworthy this is.

It's potentially a COD-style F2P Battle Royale game from the people who brought you COD when it was at it's finest (rose tinted specs and all that :) ), could be massive.

Just based off the shooting mechanics offered by TItanfall 1 & 2's guns against the last 10 COD games means it'll be good :P

1 hour ago, Nate Dogg III said:

No titans, teams of three, 60 players total. 

I don’t want to play with randoms so unlikely I’ll even bother unless feedback is amazing or a there is a group of mukkers playing regularly. 

46 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Can’t help being cynical like. 

Taken the  best bits out of the game and what makes it unique. 

But as I say, it’s only internet speculation that’s led you to believe that it’s an actual Titanfall game. You’re basically complaining about something that hasn’t been officially announced yet.

It’s a bit like loving Mario Kart and then slagging off Mario Odyssey because it hasn’t got any kart racing in it. I think. Maybe that’s a rubbish comparison. Oh, I don’t know. Let’s just wait and see what it actually is before we get too disappointed, eh?

No Titans?! 

Next from EA... Need for Speed, without the cars - just some race drivers running about a track.