rllmuk
Harsin

Russian Doll - Netflix Groundhog Party

6 hours ago, Sponge said:

That contradicts with an interview I read, which suggested they had made no plans whatsoever for a second season when they were writing it.

I'll see your second seasons and no plans and raise you three seasons.

Three years later, the pair brought on writer/director Headland, and the trio worked on the concept for two and a half years before pitching Russian Doll to Netflix as a three-season series. Headland describes that creative process as a "total mind-meld session" where she, Lyonne and Poehler would discuss their personal histories and collective dreams for telling a story about a female protagonist without having to worry if she is "likable" or if the story would sell. "We pitched Netflix three seasons of the most bonkers, heartfelt, passionate, this-is-what-we-truly-feel-like-is-our-story-to-tell idea," Headland tells THR. "And they said: 'Great, the more of that, the better. The more you guys this can be, the better. Here are the resources and the support — take off.'"

22 hours ago, Exidor said:

I'll see your second seasons and no plans and raise you three seasons.

I've read that before so maybe that's the one I'm thinking of.

Hmm actually I think that was the one read too, I think the point I must've remembered from it was that they had nothing planned for anything after season 1, so not sure how they planted things in season 1...

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

Hmm actually I think that was the one read too, I think the point I must've remembered from it was that they had nothing planned for anything after season 1, so not sure how they planted things in season 1...

Other incidental characters. More back story on the homeless guy and her own childhood. The cat. The pub. Cars, signs, bypassers, lights in windows. All sorts could be part of something more.