Satisfye - Switch Gaming Grip

In the spirit of creating new topics, I thought I'd split this out from the general discussion it has had in the Switch mega threads. 

It is basically a grip that attaches to the Switch in portable mode which makes it a lot more comfortable to play  in long portable sessions. The grip attaches to the switch easily, you have to take it off before you can dock it but this is not difficult at all - you literally slide it on and off. It started off as a kickstarter project and is not a product you can simply order directly. 

The basic product is the grip which starts at $23 plus postage and there are bundles on top of this which include cases and thumb pads for the analogue sticks - https://satisfye.com/products/slim-bundle

I went for the slim bundle for $49 which includes the grip and a slim case to fit the Switch plus grip in and I really recommend it.  It has made the Switch much more enjoyable to play portable whilst only adding a bit of extra bulk to it.  The Switch is not exactly ultra portable to start with and the grip plus case does not make much difference in terms of space inside a backpack than a switch plus normal case would make.  It also acts as a stand for the Switch although I've never used it as such.  I guess you can just stand it up at home when not docked or perhaps detach the joy cons and it still be used as a stand. 

Beware you could be stung (I was) with customs charges on top of the quoted price. 

It is not a cheap accessory but it is a good addition to the Switch.  I honestly think Nintendo should licence the design and make it an official accessory since it really does make the Switch much more comfortable to play in portable mode. 

Using a Switch "naked" hurts my hands. Using a Switch with one of these is comfortable, so for me an essential purchase. I got mine with the slim case and think it's great. Not cheap, but I've certainly got value out of it.

I had a different grip before this which helped, but the Satisfye really made a difference to my man-size hands.

I can still dock with it on due to swiping the gubbins from the original dock and painstakingly installing them into a mini frontless dock I got from Amazon.

I've got one of these too. Best grip I've tried for the Swith by a long way. Most seem to be rubber suits you have to squeeze your switch into. This is a classic hard plastic slide in grip and works really well.

I definitely noticed a big difference when using it when travelling.  Previously I'd get craps unless I detached the joy cons and put the Switch on a stand but now it is perfectly comfortable to just use the Switch with the grip for an entire short haul flight. 

Looks kinda cool, but I can't say I've ever really struggled with the Switch. Not keen on the joycon grip, as that feels too small, but it's fine in handheld. I don't really play any FPS or third person shooters, though I don't recall Splatoon 2 being an issue. 

2 hours ago, McCoy said:

I definitely noticed a big difference when using it when travelling.  Previously I'd get craps unless I detached the joy cons and put the Switch on a stand but now it is perfectly comfortable to just use the Switch with the grip for an entire short haul flight. 

This is why we play it on the toilet people.

Mark me down as another who bought this and thinks it's  brilliant. So much more comfortable to hold and completely alleviates the wrist pain I was getting from the somewhat awkward angle of the switch on it's own.I did feel a bit like, "why am I buying a bit of plastic from china just because rllmuk said it was good?" and I thought it was going to be like all the other times rllmuk has let me down. You came through this time though, I'm fully back on board the rllmuk-hype train.

The only negative thing I would say is I don't like the extra thumb pads and if you put them on be very careful when you take them off, otherwise you're liable to end up pulling off the actual thumbpads and you'll never get them back on quite right again. People will say, "Twist the pad around when it's on. It'll eventually slot into place", but it's a lie.  

Just echoing others really, but I bought the bundle with the grip, case, thumbstick grips and USB-C cable. I was stung for import tax, the thumb grips are shit and the USB-C cable is very short...

...and I don't regret my purchase in the slightest! The grip is a wonder - makes a hell of a difference and is the reason I was able to play/finish Doom in comfort. The case is excellent too - good quality, with juuust enough space for the switch, grip, a bunch of carts, small pair of headphones, charging cable and little Mu plug, while somehow still remaining slim. Fantastic product.