Timmo

PS+ February: For Honor, Hitman

2 minutes ago, Pob said:

Cool! Any clue as to whether it's the GOTY edition of Hitman?

It's the GOTY version trailer up on the PS blog so I guess so. Looking forward to giving this a go

• Upvote 1

Just now, Vorgot said:

It's the GOTY version trailer up on the PS blog so I guess so. Looking forward to giving this a go

Brilliant. If you download the free Hitman 2 demo, you get to play all the Hitman 2016 levels via Hitman 2, which brings numerous improvements.

3 minutes ago, Pob said:

Brilliant. If you download the free Hitman 2 demo, you get to play all the Hitman 2016 levels via Hitman 2, which brings numerous improvements.

You should put together a little guide so people don't play with the mission guides etc on and miss the point completely...

• Upvote 2

Yeah, Hitman is fantastic, that's a great release for anyone who hasn't already played it.

Divekick and Rogue Aces also welcome additions. A good month!

• Upvote 2

Alternatively, this is one of the worst months in ages for me. :lol:

Nice to see Ubisoft milk the final coins from their (admittedly superbly) maintained franchises. 

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I made the music for Rogue Aces. You should all download it and listen to my riffs. It's also an excellent game!

Is this your music?

Games looks fun.

46 minutes ago, JPR said:

Cloud storage will be getting expanded in early February as well, from 10GB to 100GB for PS4 users.

now THAT is a welcome addition!

58 minutes ago, JPR said:

Cloud storage will be getting expanded in early February as well, from 10GB to 100GB for PS4 users.

They need to allow cloud save backups for all accounts on the console & not just the PS+ subscriber.

• Upvote 2

This is spectacularly good timing. I was literally looking at Hitman today after all the positive comments in the GotY thread. If anyone wants me to bung me a tenner I'll shop around for the game of their choice this time next month. 

• Upvote 3

Hitman is the most amazing game I've ever played very little of. I already own it but it'll be nice to get stuck in when loads of others are fresh to it to.

I've always wanted to try For Honor as well; it looks like a less excellent Anarchy Reigns.

19 minutes ago, earlymodernsteve said:

This is the last month for PS3 and Vita titles too. No news as to what that means for the number of PS4 games. Knowing Sony, I assume it'll just be 2 from now on.

Yep Sony have said only 2 games a month.

2 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I made the music for Rogue Aces. You should all download it and listen to my riffs. It's also an excellent game!

Kudos - the riffology is most excellent. Not very WWII, but still good.

It is an excellent little game, with a great sense of humour, and great for dipping into for a quick blast. Recommended.

Hitman is simply amazing. Make sure you export the Legacy Pack into the Hitman 2 prologue as per the first post in this thread. It means if you then buy Hitman 2 at a later date (and you will) then you have everything in one game and all your unlocks and progress carry over.

• Upvote 1

Sorry I’m confused. We download this prologue & then we can play the first hitman from it or do we need to go back to the first hitman game to play it.

Yep, that's the one.

You install and load up Hitman 1, then there's an option in the menu to export the Legacy Pack.

Then you install that Hitman 2 prologue and it will have all the Hitman 1 levels in it. Play that. You can even uninstall Hitman 1 completely as you won't need it once you've done that export.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

It bloody is. Best game on this list too.

• Upvote 1

Ok so.. I borrowed Hitman 2 from a mate ... Played and finished it...

Can I now download this free Hitman 1 and play it's levels in Hitman 2 engine, even after I give my mate his Hitman 2 disc back?

3 hours ago, smac said:

Kudos - the riffology is most excellent. Not very WWII, but still good.

It is an excellent little game, with a great sense of humour, and great for dipping into for a quick blast. Recommended.

It is true that all I can really do is guitar oriented rock music, but that’s exactly what was asked for, from the guys behind the game. 

27 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Ok so.. I borrowed Hitman 2 from a mate ... Played and finished it...

Can I now download this free Hitman 1 and play it's levels in Hitman 2 engine, even after I give my mate his Hitman 2 disc back?

That you borrowed you mate’s copy of Hitman 2 has no bearing. You just need to download the free Hitman 2 Prologue and grab Hitman 2016 when it’s on PS+. You’ll then be able to download and play the old 2016 ‘Legacy’ levels in Hitman 2. 

• Upvote 2

I already have Hitman but not the GOTY version. How does this work then? What if I let PS+ lapse - will my copy revert to the non-GOTY version, or...?

On 30/01/2019 at 23:14, Kevvy Metal said:

It is true that all I can really do is guitar oriented rock music, but that’s exactly what was asked for, from the guys behind the game. 

While I said it wasn't very WWII. it's actually perfect for the game - the devs clearly have a great sense of humour. I absolutely love the VO from the Wing-Commander-type-chappie. "I say, Pilot!? Are you dead? Jolly good show!"