The Boys - Amazon superhero show

Spoiler

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheBoys/comments/j7qpd9/spoiler_what_stormfront_said_in_this_episode/

Stormfront mumbled something in german in this episode while she was dying. Here is what she said:

"Es war so schön. Wie wir dort zu dritt gesessen, im Schatten eines Apfelbaums.

Erinnerst du dich an den Tag Frederick? Chloe hat die Arme aus dem Autofenster gestreckt. Wir haben den perfekten Platz am Fluss gefunden, im Schatten eines Apfelbaums. Es war das erste mal dass Chloe frische Äpfel gegessen hat."

Translation:

"It was so beautiful. How the three of us sat there, in the shade of an apple tree.

Do you remember the day Frederick? Chloe's arms out of the car window. We found the perfect spot by the river, in the shade of an apple tree. It was the first time Chloe ate fresh apples."

Edit:

I understood a bit more. This is what she says while Homelander and Ryan talk: "... war so glücklich. Es war herrlich. Ich wollte dass er nie zu Ende geht."

Translation:

"... was so happy. It was wonderful. I wanted it to never end."

Thought the finale was great.

Spoiler

Stormfront’s beating was a strange watch. Immensely satisfying yet also never enjoy seeing someone receive a gruesome beating. Shame to lose Stormfront but we needed a payoff given she’d been such a...well, cunt!

Some great humour in there and the writers obviously had fun with the misdirection. 

Spoiler

Slightly unsatisfying reveal at the end but completely unexpected. Will be interesting to see if Neuman is a Vought stooge or doing her own thing. Given the court heads popping it looks like she’s pushing Vought’s agenda.  

I assume Fresca was just a total red herring? Seems like it was just an in joke. 

Deep has become a great comedy release. His petulant little parting shot about Fresca to Adana was really well done. He’s pathetic.

Homelander continues to knock it out of the park. Really interested to see where they take him. Lots of scope given how things ended. 

4 hours ago, makkuwata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It is weird to feel so satisfied by the look in a monster's eyes as you realise he's not a white supremacist in addition to everything else.

I think he thought he was, but when confronted by the actual real, horrific thing in Stormfront  it gave him pause. It’s probably how a lot of our real-life send-em-back brigade would be if actually confronted with the consequences of what they think they want. 

57 minutes ago, Death's Head said:

I think he thought he was, but when confronted by the actual real, horrific thing in Stormfront  it gave him pause. It’s probably how a lot of our real-life send-em-back brigade would be if actually confronted with the consequences of what they think they want. 

I took it to be especially poignant for him because it was his son that was being told these things. As if he didn't really care before if she damaged anyone else, racist shmayshist, but damaging *his sin* with that crap - that brought it home to him.

I've been loving this show. 

Spoiler

What's the relationship between Neuman and the one that escaped from the Vought prison/research station? Very similar powers...

Also it's taken two seasons and an article on Forbes for me to realise that Urban's doing a cockney accent!

On 10/10/2020 at 17:41, ZOK said:

What was the point of the head popping woman who escaped from the psychiatric facility then?

Does there need to be a point? As well as some great mis-direction I’m sure we’ll see her again next season. Not everything needs to be tied up just yet.

4 hours ago, fasteasyfree said:

I've been loving this show. 

Hide contents

What's the relationship between Neuman and the one that escaped from the Vought prison/research station? Very similar powers...

Also it's taken two seasons and an article on Forbes for me to realise that Urban's doing a cockney accent!

Well his dad is Australian and his mum is cockney...?

Also, I only found out the other week that Homelander is not only also a kiwi along with Urban but he also played Lucas Hood in the awesome Banshee 

42247A73-79BF-4D43-A594-49FE31A3DA7C.jpeg

I got to half way through the second ep of the second series and I struggled with it. I really liked the first series but I'm seeing some really poor acting and I think it's because the story is so flat. Is it worth sticking with? 

39 minutes ago, davadvice1 said:

I got to half way through the second ep of the second series and I struggled with it. I really liked the first series but I'm seeing some really poor acting and I think it's because the story is so flat. Is it worth sticking with? 

It’s much the same throughout, but episodes 6-8 are the best in the series, and definitely worth a watch if anything about the show interests you.

I agree the story is flat, it’s one of the very few shows I tend to browse rllmuk while watching! They saved all the decent stuff for the end.

14 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

Banshee is awesome. Although I thought the last series was a bit crap. 

Thinking of either watching Vikings (after seeing the incredible Travis Fimmel in Raised By Wolves) or Banshee, can't decided yet.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread :)

3 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Thinking of either watching Vikings (after seeing the incredible Travis Fimmel in Raised By Wolves) or Banshee, can't decided yet.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread :)

If you like The Boys, you'll definitely like Banshee, as they're swigging from the same bottle of rough and tumble debauchery. 

There were a few nit picky problems with that final episode but if you ignore them,

Spoiler

Homelander's son asked who Butcher was even though he saw him at the end of Season 1,

another one I don't think has been mentioned was

it was an amazing finale for season 2.

So many great moments in just over an hour.  Stormfront is how to do a bad guy character in the super hero genre - she was brilliantly written and Aya Rachel Cash was incredible in that role (her very un-Aryan look was also something that I thought was really well done given how unsubtle this show is). Take note Marvel.  Stromfront turned out more evil than Homelander.

When Season 1 ended, I wasn't sure if they'd just do more of the same and it would become staid and dull but the new characters were great and the transformation of the old characters was interesting.

Highlights for me this season were:

Spoiler

The Deep riding a whale that gets ploughed into by Butcher - that was in the trailers stupidly.

Heads popping all over the shop in the courtroom.

Stormfront - everything was perfect for right now and her character was amazing.

Homelander fantasising about lasering an entire crowd of people like a riot cannon.

Homelander pleasuring himself at the end of ep 8.

Butcher's increasingly ridiculous accent and his origins.

The new enemy has got to be Neuman and she's going to bring about something different in Season 3 - an enemy for The Boys who isn't dressed up in a super hero outfit doing obvious super hero stuff.

Butcher's use of the C word to express a full range of emotions.

I thoroughly enjoyed this season - it did sag a bit towards the start and I did wonder where it was actually going but 6, 7 and 8 really ramped everything up and it finished strongly.

I have no idea if Season 3 is scripted yet but with next month's election in the US, I'm pretty sure, if Trump gets back in (I hope not), the writers will have an absolute gold mine to dig from.